Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1527. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Monero (XMR)   0.00379056 BTC   -10.17%   past month

https://www.cryptonator.com/winners-losers
compared with other alt coins,-10.17% is not so much.
Activity: 749
Merit: 503
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Monero (XMR)   0.00379056 BTC   -10.17%   past month

https://www.cryptonator.com/winners-losers
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I now implemented mining to exchange on my pool. Just pass the payment_id as password:
Code:
minerd.exe -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.cryptograben.com:3333 -u 444emftBynX8qdzdPrxhsDW17ut55g3W9LZeyRBFW3XSi3BwR7bEZj8MbLyGcvXsiBRFZX1d3LADPW9ARjQejbnnLvvobo1 -p 561ba262d693b8971480be8aaed5da7b80a1919c5645c75f3516c555c2de10e1 -t 4

The anti-pool hopper system still works perfectly

It would be really nice, if you could give my pool a chance and try it out

Thanks
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
david is a fine gentleman I'm just questioning what this could bring to monero.
Maybe some experiment could be ported to Monero (like populating the Github wiki and developping a Raspberry wallet - also, HYP proved that an ANN can be both self-moderated and widely accepted) but for the most part, HyperStake is just an unrelated project. As kbm mentioned "it's okay to support more than one coin". HyperStake was started more than one month ago and my personal goals were (and still are):
  • working with someone I like (presstab)
  • having PoS wallets done right (and HYP probably has the best High-PoS wallet out there)
  • joining an experimentation-friendly coin

Remember this: assume good faith. It does wonder to your mental health (at least it does to mine)
XMR mining is still profitable now,though not high

It is true if you have free electricity/power
Ok,I'll stop mining xmr,it is a little hot in my room Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

It is true if you have free electricity/power
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Last post from the dev was 2 weeks ago. Inactive much??

Why does this happen when coins like Bluecoin or Darkcoin can be consistent in their approach for community talk?
not let days or weeks go by without talking to people.  That's just absurd.  Maybe I think outside of the box too much.
How much have you donated of your time or money to monero development? Keep in mind that the developers of monero took over an already launched coin, and while they may have been early adopters there was never a long period of time to accumulate on cheap prices. It's not fair to compare with coins where the developer is sitting on fortunes of pre-mined coins such as with dark.

That's why it happens, most people cannot afford to work for free. (and as stated by fluffypony you are also wrong in that they have been inactive for 2 weeks)
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Monero is about to be perhaps the first altcoin to have functioning options markets, check it out! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
david is a fine gentleman I'm just questioning what this could bring to monero.

Nobody on the core team is prohibited from working on other projects. Any inference that such work is an endorsement by the Monero team as an group or by any of the other team members is incorrect.

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Why does this happen when coins like Bluecoin or Darkcoin can be consistent in their approach for community talk?
not let days or weeks go by without talking to people.  That's just absurd.  Maybe I think outside of the box too much.

Uh nope...

2014/08/24 Monero Blockchain Spam Attack - Post Mortem

Part I

A slightly deeper analysis around the transactions and the timeline will come out in part 2 tomorrow, along with the Monero Missive (delayed to give us time to focus on this priorityWink

Our most recent updates were the blockchain spam attack post-mortem Part I on the 24th and Part II on the 25th.

okay thanks got it guys.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

not let days or weeks go by without talking to people.  That's just absurd.  Maybe I think outside of the box too much.

Uh nope...

2014/08/24 Monero Blockchain Spam Attack - Post Mortem

Part I

A slightly deeper analysis around the transactions and the timeline will come out in part 2 tomorrow, along with the Monero Missive (delayed to give us time to focus on this priorityWink

Our most recent updates were the blockchain spam attack post-mortem Part I on the 24th and Part II on the 25th.
Activity: 264

Monero Missives

August 16th, 2014

Hello, and welcome to our eleventh Monero Missive!

Major Updates

- updated by fluffypony

Wow, climb outside of your box, much?

I agree.  The above list should take no longer than 10 minutes, not 10 days.  Despite spam attacks and heroic emergency weekend fixes.  Roll Eyes

Most of the missives are written days before their release. Fluffypony always has to wait for third-parties to implement stuff which are going to be mentioned in the upcoming news, thus, delays may occur.
kbm
Activity: 84
So, its none of my business but wth someone on the XMR team is doing with getting another coin on an exchange, do you know the shitstorm of fud this may cause.

Yay! More Monero hype incoming then!

What I see is a community leader of a leading coin who is making an attempt to show people that it's okay to support more than one coin .. that the elitist attitude when it comes to thinking there will be a 'one coin world' is an insane concept Smiley

He used to be (still is?) a community manager for Mintcoin as well, and has a solid history of believing in PoS for his own reasons. All I see is integrity: Most other coin developers shove themselves up a sock puppet .. but David has chosen to keep both his history and intentions public and knowable. With the focus on the technical aspect at this point in Monero, of course he has time to be spending managing other coins.

It seems that you're saying that other people will be saying that he "Used his position as a core member of Monero to get Hyperstake listed on an exchange"?

I would drool at such a prospect .. imagine how strong that makes this coin look? People will try to FUD, but it will only be at the cost of conceding to the fact that there's some serious weight behind Monero .. whose developers apparently have the all-powerful ability to get a coin on an exchange. What other developers can do that? Sure lots can write code and give updates, but very few can get another coin listed on an exchange.

Nothing wrong going on here IMO, but it seems to be more of a socially-oriented topic .. so let's see how it plays out (if at all).
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

Monero Missives

August 16th, 2014

Hello, and welcome to our eleventh Monero Missive!

Major Updates

- updated by fluffypony

Wow, climb outside of your box, much?

I agree.  The above list should take no longer than 10 minutes, not 10 days.  Despite spam attacks and heroic emergency weekend fixes.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

[/quote]

Devs post here every single day - do not fret if they don't have a missive they are handling business. You can go in #monero-dev IRC and ask a question and you get a response within seconds most hours of the day. Very active.
Activity: 588
Activity: 106
is there a tx delay due to spam? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

There is no spam right now. If your transactions are delayed or failing it is likely because you are (or whoever is sending to you is) using the old wallet.

What if some one uses the old wallet but uses the current fee?

It works with 0.1xmr fee, i tried.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
is there a tx delay due to spam? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

There is no spam right now. If your transactions are delayed or failing it is likely because you are (or whoever is sending to you is) using the old wallet.

What if some one uses the old wallet but uses the current fee?
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
I'm not getting in my wallet monero coins  Cry   this to be a problem? I have done the upgrade to 0.8.8.2.

Balance: 0.000000000000  unlocked balance: 0.0000000000000

Did try to type refresh?
Yes

Are you using a pool? If so which pool?
de.minergate and cryptonotepool.org.uk

Double check your XMR address. If it looks correct, contact the pool admins to see if there are problems with their payouts.
Everything is correct but the coins will not arrive for the Wallet  Huh

Payouts have been working fine on cryptonotepool.org.uk, we upgraded the daemon to new tx fee a couple of days ago. PM/email/IRC me with your wallet address if you're still having trouble and I can dbl-check the payout tx id for you, or help with your wallet.
I think the problem is having to wait for Wallet synchronization  

bitmonerod

2014-Aug-27 02:53:04.821178 [P2P2][98.207.194.180:18080 OUT]Sync data returned u
nknown top block: 108802 -> 191029 [82227 blocks (57 days) behind]
SYNCHRONIZATION started

lol  

Download the blockchain from the web instead. Link in OP.

Ty Wink Missing 23 days to be complete but has helped quite eheheh Smiley
Jump to: