Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1535. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I'm relatively new to Monero transaction performance. I requested a XMR withdrawal from MintPal a few hours ago - nothing showing as of yet in my wallet. I don't have the transaction or hash from MintPal, so I can't look up the transaction in a block explorer. How long does it generally take for MintPal to process XMR withdrawals?

What status of your withdrawal? Did you confirm it by link in email? AFAIK there must be a tx hash regardless of their daemon version.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I'm relatively new to Monero transaction performance. I requested a XMR withdrawal from MintPal a few hours ago - nothing showing as of yet in my wallet. I don't have the transaction or hash from MintPal, so I can't look up the transaction in a block explorer. How long does it generally take for MintPal to process XMR withdrawals?

If they haven't upgraded their wallet the transaction will confirm slowly if at all. Best to take this up with MintPal support.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
legendary
the payout threshold is always 0.1 for monero.crypto-pool.fr
Efficiency: 102.5% on last 12 Hour ( thanks my patch )

I believe the devs were saying your patch is bad for the network.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8510849

Did you change it since you posted the (dangerous?) code?

No one care. Such advertisement, such hype.

I care quite a bit.  If pool owners do things to make the network less secure or stable I care very much.  As pool owners have come to make up the majority of my ignore list I am beginning to see (some of) them in a distinctly negative light.

I am solo mining because of this.

I believe you understand my sarcasm in previous post. I am also scared of this. All these "secret" improvements are harmful. Nice to ignore this bullshit while it's not harmful and just bring placebo effect, but such magick beans absolutely unacceptable if they produce damage.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

I care quite a bit.  If pool owners do things to make the network less secure or stable I care very much.  As pool owners have come to make up the majority of my ignore list I am beginning to see (some of) them in a distinctly negative light.

I am solo mining because of this.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
I just watched the fireside chat form like the 8th of this month showing the wire frame gui and talking about abstracting the data from the block chain logic.  Has there been one since then and if so can somebody point me there?  Apologies for the laziness ... my phone is acting up

No there hasn't - they're going to be irregular and only when we have sufficient movement to warrant another developer event. There are updates in the Missives since then, they're linked in the OP:)

Thanks!
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
And how does a regular person (user) update? Just overwrite the old bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe with new ones? And keep the old stuff like .keys, .txts and wallets in the same directory?

Update executables, remove poolstate.bin and p2pstate.bin then start.

What re-generates poolstate.bin and p2pstate.bin if you remove them as a general user? Removing these causes simplewallet.exe to not execute.

It shouldn't, simplewallet doesn't touch either of those files. When you start the daemon again after removing these two then they'll be recreated; p2pstate.bin is the daemon's peer lists, and poolstate.bin is the transaction mempool that it'll receive once it syncs up.
donator
I just watched the fireside chat form like the 8th of this month showing the wire frame gui and talking about abstracting the data from the block chain logic.  Has there been one since then and if so can somebody point me there?  Apologies for the laziness ... my phone is acting up

No there hasn't - they're going to be irregular and only when we have sufficient movement to warrant another developer event. There are updates in the Missives since then, they're linked in the OP:)
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
And how does a regular person (user) update? Just overwrite the old bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe with new ones? And keep the old stuff like .keys, .txts and wallets in the same directory?

What re-generates poolstate.bin and p2pstate.bin if you remove them as a general user? Removing these causes simplewallet.exe to not execute.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Monero/XMR Unofficial Distribution Survey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10FFq_viVaY_THsToPNEwgTxrBSGVxW1EzeYPHX_2nuQ/viewform?usp=send_form

The goal of this survey is to provide an exactly, up-to-date distribution to the XMR community, mostly for entertainment/observation purposes.

I will admin the user list to avoid any duplicates or fake entries. I will pledge to keep all entries anonymous.

Charts, analysis, and results coming soon - please participate!

Update: Usernames are no longer required, unless you are a "large" holder over 10k. I figure I already know who most of these folks are anyway and nobody will bother faking under 10k. Also, all entries will be kept anonymous.

Update:
Now 59 entries on the list.

Survey Link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10FFq_viVaY_THsToPNEwgTxrBSGVxW1EzeYPHX_2nuQ/viewform?usp=send_form
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
OMG - TACO Town!!

donator
Thanks Taco and you gave me an idea - TACO Time!

You need to watch this: http://vimeo.com/90127834
legendary

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Think something is wrong with Moneropool.com
My pending balance has been the same for 3 hours. However, there were a number of blocks found.

i think i'm seeing the same thing ... anyone know the pool op?

minimum non-dust output on the network is now 0.10 XMR on the latest daemon, so your payouts may take longer. i can tell from the pool's blocks that he's running the latest daemon, so just be patient.

Thanks Taco and you gave me an idea - TACO Time!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
The fees go to the miners in the first place, so asking me to support your getting 20 times richer already, is understandably ROTFLMAO.
I thought it would be funny!
Rolling on the floor laughing certainly means I found it funny  Grin
The ne plus ultra is LOLSMOOMN
Jump to: