Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1653. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Take for example the gun market say in the U.S. where its actually legal to own guns. (Now I don't want to discuss the legality of buying guns or the politics/ethics of buying/selling guns but merely using it as example).

Much more benign examples are adult stores, flower stores and gift shops. Wouldn't wont mother to know when one buys flowers which are not necessarily for her Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
Miners rule the game here. This was way too profitable up until now it seems. Let's see where it finds equilibrium.
kbm
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
All the leading projects with some credibility should pool together to distribute articles on anonymity problems with litecoin, bitcoin, etc. Do it through one person who writes everything in generic terms not xmr is better than xyz.  When anonymity is on the radar as an issue, all related prices will go up, then you can start to distinguish differences.

This idea is nice, but the ongoing FUD campaigns inevitably breed distrust in the cross-community comparison. One needs to be understood and dealt with before the other. It would be interesting if it were revealed that no anonymous competition is behind this, but at this point it's not possible to tell. It's an effective campaign, and is recently losing ground IMO.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I just want to know when the price will stop falling, getting a bit ridiculous.

All I know is that diversifying works. Smiley

Monero is now falling towards my buy in average and I don't know what to do. I believe in the project but damn it's getting low isn't it.
Activity: 519
Merit: 500
Does anybody know where I can get the 32-bit cpuminer for Monero?  I have 6 WinXP systems in my office and I'm not switching over to Win 7 anytime soon.
Monero dont work on 32 bit systems

Many of the webpages said Monero was the first CPU Miner to support 32 bit.  I downloaded CPUMiner 2.4 but it looks like it doesn't have support for cryptonight and Wolf0's miner is 64 bit only.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
My guess is that this coin won't follow a different path than any other altcoin. Hope it stops @ 0.002 but don't really see it possible. Sad
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
Does anybody know where I can get the 32-bit cpuminer for Monero?  I have 6 WinXP systems in my office and I'm not switching over to Win 7 anytime soon.
Monero dont work on 32 bit systems
Activity: 146
I just want to know when the price will stop falling, getting a bit ridiculous.
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
So many people (including bitcointalk hero members and btc whales) saying they are buyers at this price but not bid support on the exchanges. I find this curious.

I bought some speculative coins at these prices. I've bought a bunch of stuff that has fallen for no real tangible reason, just crypto apathy right now.

A bump in the prices are coming. In addition, anonymity is going to become more of an issue once people figure out why it is needed.

I think the mistake that anonymity projects make is that the look to compete with each other, not act with an almost single voice to the market as to what they are all attempting to achieve when compared to say Litecoin.

All the leading projects with some credibility should pool together to distribute articles on anonymity problems with litecoin, bitcoin, etc. Do it through one person who writes everything in generic terms not xmr is better than xyz.  When anonymity is on the radar as an issue, all related prices will go up, then you can start to distinguish differences.
Activity: 519
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I think that the main anchor for Monero is a team of devs, which is incompetent and lazy.

lol, nice trolling.

----

Appart from the trolling, anyone can participate in the development any time. It's not like their was a CEO of Monero that you don't agree with but can't do anything about it.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Please support my thread against this big FUD-campaign fighting XMR with bought and new regged accounts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-to-stop-fud-campaigns-with-bought-accounts-690377

It's really enough now.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1
Why was coin's name changed  from MRO to XMR?

To comply with the ISO 4217 standard.

Oh,man! Sorry, guys. I have some problems with my internet connection

Thanks for answer.
Activity: 144
Mы oткpылиcь! Дoбpo пoжaлoвaть нa пepвый pyccкий пyл дoбычи кpиптoвaлюты Monero http://moneropool.ru

Ocoбeннocти пyлa:
- caйт пyлa кaк нa pyccкoм тaк и нa aнглийcкoм языкax
- pyccкoязычный чaт гдe мoжнo пooбщaтьcя пo paзличным acпeктaм мaйнингa и нe тoлькo (вклaдкa "Oбщeниe")
- pyccкoязычнaя пoддepжкa
- кoмиccия: 1%

P.S: Oт ceбя xoтy зaмeтить, чтo чecтнocть и cтaбильнocть бyдeм дoкaзывaeм нa дeлe, a нe cлoвaми.
Ecли ктo тo дyмaeт чтo кoмиccия 1% этo мнoгo, тo пocyдитe caми, oткyдa бepyт дeньги дepжaтeли пyлoв нa apeндy cepвepa, кoгдa кoмиccия y ниx пpaктичecки нyлeвaя? Явнo нe из cвoeгo кapмaнa. He дoгaдывaeтecь oткyдa?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1

Seriously? I thought it was just two different types of coins. Now I'm curious how was it happen, and the main question is why was it happen?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
We are already talked about the prospects of Monero here, you should read carefully the thread.

I think that the main anchor for Monero is a team of devs, which is incompetent and lazy.

Thanks for providing me with my Sunday morning chuckle:) Nobody has ever described me as being incompetent or lazy (except when it comes to the gym), so it's good to know that I have someone who can psychoanalyse me and the rest of the core team from a handful of posts on Bitcointalk, and come to conclusions that not even our wives/girlfriends/mothers have reached.

Fluffy, please ignore these dumbass comments, we believe in you guys Wink
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
We are already talked about the prospects of Monero here, you should read carefully the thread.

Thanks for providing me with my Sunday morning chuckle:) Nobody has ever described me as being incompetent or lazy (except when it comes to the gym), so it's good to know that I have someone who can psychoanalyse me and the rest of the core team from a handful of posts on Bitcointalk, and come to conclusions that not even our wives/girlfriends/mothers have reached.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

To comply with the ISO 4217 standard.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
Jump to: