Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1683. (Read 4670614 times)

kbm
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Just had another thought about this.

A highly gambled coin probably drives up value (DOGE in Jan) as if it drops, coins are not as often on exchange, but on gambling sites - players will "chase" lost USD value, lose the coins, then buy back on exchange due to FOMO. If it goes up, players will gamble because they have "found money" in their pockets.

A non-gambled coin would just be kept/sold on the exchange by weak hands (XMR today).

Thesis: Someone make some XMR Dice Wink

Plus, imagine all that extra attention of being potentially the first online outlet allowing people to 'spend' XMR freely!
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Has anyone heard any news of gambling sites for CN coins at all? That would almost be a welcome addition to break up the pool spam a little bit.

I just feel like there's some dice or poker or slots I could be playing Cheesy

Totally agree.

Of course realize it's early - but this community needs a little something to do while it waits for this coin to grow in utility. Gambling is always the answer  Wink

I'm following up on one idea for this kbm. keep an eye out this month.

Just had another thought about this.

A highly gambled coin probably drives up value (DOGE in Jan) as if it drops, coins are not as often on exchange, but on gambling sites - players will "chase" lost USD value, lose the coins, then buy back on exchange due to FOMO. If it goes up, players will gamble because they have "found money" in their pockets.

A non-gambled coin would just be kept/sold on the exchange by weak hands (XMR today).

Thesis: Someone make some XMR Dice Wink
legendary
I suspect some sellers are those who bought for dirt cheap but didnt sell at the top and are now feeling pressure to get a little profit rather then nothing. I got most of my coins at less then .002 but im not selling because there is clearly a race now for a privacy-centric coin. That is the future no doubt, and the winner will be going to the moon alongside BTC. My horse is monero, but time will tell.

Yeah, pretty crazy to be selling now considering the long list of inferior coins that have gone to 50+ million max caps. I can see short-term this 0.003 wall dropping and the coin bottoming out as the market contracts, but the future seems clear.

Max caps:
-Auroracoin (220 m)
-Peercoin (152 m)
-NXT (100 m)
-Mastercoin (100 m)
-Doge (90 m)
-Darkcoin (61 m)
-Quark (60 m)

-Monero today - 3.8 m

if you think XMR has even a tiny chance of accomplishing this too, you'd be foolish to not hold at least a few % of your portfolio.
I think the odds are in our favor. Or maybe I'm the crazy one.

Also I think this coin has a chance to succeed and be even larger where those above have lost ground (mostly due to flawed development or bad distribution, although too early to say for DRK, MSC)

Why stop there? We should be aiming to take Litecoin's spot.

Added.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
I suspect some sellers are those who bought for dirt cheap but didnt sell at the top and are now feeling pressure to get a little profit rather then nothing. I got most of my coins at less then .002 but im not selling because there is clearly a race now for a privacy-centric coin. That is the future no doubt, and the winner will be going to the moon alongside BTC. My horse is monero, but time will tell.

Yeah, pretty crazy to be selling now considering the long list of inferior coins that have gone to 50+ million max caps. I can see short-term this 0.003 wall dropping and the coin bottoming out as the market contracts, but the future seems clear.

Max caps:
-Auroracoin (220 m)
-Peercoin (152 m)
-NXT (100 m)
-Mastercoin (100 m)
-Doge (90 m)
-Darkcoin (61 m)
-Quark (60 m)

-Monero today - 3.8 m

if you think XMR has even a tiny chance of accomplishing this too, you'd be foolish to not hold at least a few % of your portfolio.

Also I think this coin has a chance to succeed and be even larger where those above have lost ground (mostly due to flawed development or bad distribution, although too early to say for DRK, MSC)

Why stop there? We should be aiming to take Litecoin's spot.
legendary

Max caps:
-Litecoin (900 m)
-Auroracoin (220 m)
-Peercoin (152 m)
-NXT (100 m)
-Mastercoin (100 m)
-Doge (90 m)
-Darkcoin (61 m)
-Quark (60 m)

-Monero today - 3.8 m

Also I think this coin has a chance to succeed and be even larger where those above have lost ground (mostly due to uninnovative/flawed development or bad distribution, although too early to say for DRK, MSC)
Activity: 502
Merit: 251
I suspect some sellers are those who bought for dirt cheap but didnt sell at the top and are now feeling pressure to get a little profit rather then nothing. I got most of my coins at less then .002 but i aint selling because there is clearly a race now for a privacy-centric coin. That is the future no doubt, and the winner will be going to the moon alongside BTC. My horse is monero, but time will tell.
kbm
I wonder who sell at such a low price on this great hardships.
This may be only our developer with 5%
For him it is easy coins and he does not care what they pay for electricity.
If you do not stop soon, this and other coins will be dead.

People who sell at low price - anyone who decides they want BTC at that time moreso than they want XMR. Could literally be anyone.

You mean Claymore, the developer of closed source third party mining software .. who has released a developer fee free version?

Let's go down that road. If even 100% of the mining was done with his software, he would only get 1152 coins/day. This is about 4.2% of the 24 h volume according to PLX. Pretty sure that logic's full of holes now ..

Unless you want to say he gets them for free so he spends his time buying them back only to sell them lower .. right? Makes sense  Roll Eyes.

Of course it's much more likely that 1/3 of mining is done with GPU's, but let's make it 2/5 just for kicks. This means he gets 460.8 MRO/day, real scary. That's about 1.7% of the 24 hr volume. If someones dropping the price .. it's not Claymore. It's anyone mining this selling this to people who think it will be worth even more than when they bought it. Hows that a killer? Where's the logic?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
I wonder who sell at such a low price on this great hardships.
This may be only our developer with 5%
For him it is easy coins and he does not care what they pay for electricity.
If you do not stop soon, this and other coins will be dead.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Classic mistake. You equate valid concern around lack of progress with dislike for the currency. It is in fact, the oppostite. If I didn't want XMR to succeed I wouldn't bother posting. Just want people to understand the true state of progress on here. Ignoring it or pretending the devs are somehow making great progress is exactly the wrong thing to do. I'd much rather have a realistic view of the things I invest in than be a sunshine pumper and say everything is great.

It seems like you have a strong dislike for this currency...

Incorrect. I said it seems like that. Do not put words in my mouth.

Specifically what I'm equating is that you have not mentioned even one single thing you liked about this currency -- to which I asked you to present, in the least, 5 things you currently like since the project started.

After that, I will accept your concerns as valid just like any real person. Before that, you're just a concern troll.

Realistically, you've mentioned exactly zero things you like about this. I asked you to name five. Everyone has concerns (you more than many), but if you can't even come up with 5 things that you like then you will be added to my ignore list (or at least I'll say it and continue to reading your miserable posts anyways Wink )

That's because Mumbles is doing what I call, "Fake-Friend-Trolling", where he trolls a coin and pretends to like it, while trolling it cleverly in an attempt to make it seem as thought there are no good features, only bad ones. He most likely represents a competitors of the coin he's trolling, hence his Newbies status, he's probably a sockpuppet account.

I'm a Alpha-Member Troll, Mumbles, I know all your tricks.
Activity: 119
Latium coin. hmmm sounds quite ok...

You are mistaken in thread, go to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annlat-latium-token-sale-is-open-610614

Did you know that yesterday was a bithday of Adi Shamir, 62 years old, one of the famous creators of RSA, and even Ring Signatures, used in Monero? Happy birthday, Adi Shamir!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Shamir

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_signature
kbm

Incorrect. I said it seems like that. Do not put words in my mouth.

Specifically what I'm equating is that you have not mentioned even one single thing you liked about this currency -- to which I asked you to present, in the least, 5 things you currently like since the project started.

After that, I will accept your concerns as valid just like any real person. Before that, you're just a concern troll.

Realistically, you've mentioned exactly zero things you like about this. I asked you to name five. Everyone has concerns (you more than many), but if you can't even come up with 5 things that you like then you will be added to my ignore list (or at least I'll say it and continue to reading your miserable posts anyways Wink )
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Classic mistake. You equate valid concern around lack of progress with dislike for the currency. It is in fact, the oppostite. If I didn't want XMR to succeed I wouldn't bother posting. Just want people to understand the true state of progress on here. Ignoring it or pretending the devs are somehow making great progress is exactly the wrong thing to do. I'd much rather have a realistic view of the things I invest in than be a sunshine pumper and say everything is great.

It seems like you have a strong dislike for this currency...
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Is donation to zone117x really relevant? Is there any reason not to show closed source pools?
Donation: for now, the destination address is hardcoded to zone117x's address. It may change later.
We do not show closed-source because there is enough open-source pools (contrary to miners)
By this logic you shouldn't be adding any new pools to the list, and you shouldn't list any closed source miners. Seems like people really hate minergate... The list should be neutral.
legendary
Has anyone heard any news of gambling sites for CN coins at all? That would almost be a welcome addition to break up the pool spam a little bit.

Totally agree.

Of course realize it's early - but this community needs a little something to do while it waits for this coin to grow in utility. Gambling is always the answer  Wink

I'm following up on one idea for this kbm. keep an eye out this month.
Activity: 93
pool spam has to stop

I know how you feel.   It does make this thread very noisy.     I personally have just decided to never hash for pools who spam this thread in spite of being asked  not to.   I suppose next I will begin ignoring the spammers.

Actually just started hitting ignore.  Works great try it.

Yeah, it's annoying and it annoys myself and I feel embarrassed when I *have* to post it, but otherwise nobody is recognizing your pool. In the OP it's just one pool from a whole lot without it's unique features. That's why I am currently working with David on a new pool list (probably coming with the new website) so user can see distinguishing features without blatant advertising (we'll check if they hold their promises)
kbm

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
pool spam has to stop

I know how you feel.   It does make this thread very noisy.     I personally have just decided to never hash for pools who spam this thread in spite of being asked  not to.   I suppose next I will begin ignoring the spammers.

Actually just started hitting ignore.  Works great try it.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net

Join Monero Pool http://hashinvest.net / EU / Low 1.5% fees

XMR mining Getting Started for Linux, Windows and Mac users.
I take care of this pool all the time. Stable pool with instant online support.

Enable desktop notifications and always stay in tune!

Instant support

HashInvest won't speculate on volatile luck and hardware.
Just stable, well-maintained pool, kind support will help your even at night.

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Hi,

I've been unable to sync bitmonerod on my 32 bit machines this past week, previously they were working fine.

Now their stuck on block 107407 I've tried restoring, deleting and re downloading the blockchain but they still
get stuck.

Any ideas?

Can I transfer my 32bit wallet files to a 64bit setup?

Thank you

I think 32 bit doesn't work anymore because of the memory usage of the blockchain. The whole thing get's loaded into memory, so you need several gigabytes, which is too much for 32 bit.

You can transfer your wallet to 64 bit setup. I think you may need to just copy only your 'keys' file into new directory with 64bit simplewallet, then run simplewallet and type in wallet name (without the .keys part), and it should rebuild the binary part of your wallet (default name wallet.bin).
Jump to: