Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1703. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 125
32bit wallet does not work. Stopped on the block 109291.

It will never work again. Forget it and migrate to 64 bit wallet. Instructions see earlier this thread being bold font, posted by me.

Activity: 518
Merit: 261
32bit wallet does not work. Stopped on the block 109291.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net

Join pool http://hashinvest.net. I take care of this pool all the time.
Stable pool with instant online support.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
This is the case on #monero. We may consider a web-to-irc bridge once the new website comes out (maybe to a specific #monero-help chan with strict policies about no casual chatting, short questions... Just a thought.
A regular FAQ is also considered.

An acid test would be to set up a help method that is usable by me and my friends. We are representatives of a very big market segment of people in 30s-40s-50s, lots of dough, short attention span, and if not totally inept in technology, at least highly conservative in installing new stuff etc.

#monero does not qualify. Facebook/skype chat does. Email sucks. I am with you if arranging a help line incurs costs. My type of people also do not generally care if help is not free. What we do care is to find help when we need it and that the solution actually works.

I appreciate what you are saying about support, my day job involves providing IT support to high value professionals (amongst other things) and it is a completely different service to the mass-market who will put up with lower quality free support. For reference that UK based adhoc HVP support costs £1.50 (bit over $2) per minute, although that includes a significant business overhead it does mean all the boring legal stuff etc is covered.

Out of interest have you tried #monero through one of the web-IRC gateways on most of the mining pools? I'm just wondering whether it is accessing IRC which is the problem, or the text based interface.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
8pool.dtdns.net OP
ehi guys,
like this?
New Monero Pool for CPU/GPU

xmr.darktech.org port 3333,5555,7777
Grin EU server
super stable, vardiff, fast retarget, 0.4% fee and No transfer fee
Start mining Now!!!!!!
happy mining with  Simpleminer & Cryptonoteminer

mining configuration ex:
Code:
minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://xmr.darktech.org:3333 -u address -p x
New Features in next days!
Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
we want miner without 5,5% fee
Claymore damping coin every day

What's the performance of it's closed source miner vs. open source one? I think we speak about AMD miners. But also, what about Nvidia open source miner, ccminer? It delivers me 200-210 H/s only upon nVidia 750 ti Sad
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Claymore is an issue yes but even if half the coins being mined are being done so with his miner (which I doubt) its still only 560ish coins a day or 2 BTC ish. Hardly market moving. This is just noobs selling and whales accumulating.
Activity: 37
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
An acid test would be to set up a help method that is usable by me and my friends. We are representatives of a very big market segment of people in 30s-40s-50s, lots of dough, short attention span, and if not totally inept in technology, at least highly conservative in installing new stuff etc.

#monero does not qualify. Facebook/skype chat does. Email sucks. I am with you if arranging a help line incurs costs. My type of people also do not generally care if help is not free. What we do care is to find help when we need it and that the solution actually works.

David, I think its imperative that some better help channels are set up, I personally believed that it was all quite straight forward and well documented although I will admit I haven't read through the documentation myself.

It is a surprise to me that people are struggling in this way. There are plenty of people who would work on a helpline, myself included, that aren't part of the core dev team but can certainly handle the majority of questions. Particularly if its an extension of the help we already provide on IRC. I don't believe it would be particularly difficult to set up some sort of help methods and more so if Risto is offering to be a test of whatever methods the dev team find appropriate.
I'm finishing a quick FAQ and will think about just after that.
David, I think its imperative that some better help channels are set up, I personally believed that it was all quite straight forward and well documented although I will admit I haven't read through the documentation myself.

It is a surprise to me that people are struggling in this way. There are plenty of people who would work on a helpline, myself included, that aren't part of the core dev team but can certainly handle the majority of questions. Particularly if its an extension of the help we already provide on IRC. I don't believe it would be particularly difficult to set up some sort of help methods and more so if Risto is offering to be a test of whatever methods the dev team find appropriate.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
This is the case on #monero. We may consider a web-to-irc bridge once the new website comes out (maybe to a specific #monero-help chan with strict policies about no casual chatting, short questions... Just a thought.

If you don't mind me asking, what implicit promises are being discussed here? The promise to make the CryptoNote software less of a mess and more up to the current standard the Bitcoin core client is in?

Well if I am not able to use this coin without assistance before Christmas, I will sell it all and buy doge (if that's still available) what do you think of this shit, man??!?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Price is "low" because of the inflation rate and we expect it to be that way for quite some time still, with a low rise, one feature at a time. The "low price" is more than three times what it was when it landed on Poloniex.

And before Poloniex, it was already regarded as "high" or "pump" in the trading thread by those who had no stake. XMR is still, even at these levels, not a "cheap" coin. It needs to deliver the implicit promises in a timely manner against the exponentially (would be more dramatic to say increasing but that is not correct Wink ) decreasing new mintage coming to the market.

If you don't mind me asking, what implicit promises are being discussed here? The promise to make the CryptoNote software less of a mess and more up to the current standard the Bitcoin core client is in?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
- "low" price => wider spread of monero

I am afraid I don't believe this one. Low price just means fewer miners and buyers. High price is higher spread, which is good.
Thank you for putting a new light on this question. I will consider it.

Having said in May that I like it at 0.004 and like a lot at 0.002 but would not buy over 0.010 (because it will come down so I can continue buying)
As for me, since I am using your Sane and Simple Saving method, I might stop buying much before .0.01 (ROI happens at 0.08), at least not now and probably not this year.

About official support man: there is none and this is good. There are two major teams: core team (monero account) and extended team (monero-extended account). Oftentimes, members of both teams reply with their own nick (and this is good too).

Actually this might be a good idea to have! Just a technical guy who is reachable by chat from the XMR webpage. Most of the newbie questions can be answered by someone who is not in dev level right (and I know at least one person who had several devs helping him to install a wallet with no success still to this day....Wink )
Price is "low" because of the inflation rate and we expect it to be that way for quite some time still, with a low rise, one feature at a time. The "low price" is more than three times what it was when it landed on Poloniex.
I am a dev, I am here. I read everything. Most of the time, I remain silent because we believe a community must be able to stand by itself. You want us to babysit you? Go buy another coin. Read the manual. When was the last time I read a newbie mentionning he read the manual before badmouthing the wallet? (answer: last week).
Something positive though:
- the more people are coming into Monero, the worse the signal-to-noise ratio (hint for those who don't understand signal-to-noise ratio: google for the term, I won't babysit you). So if we have a low SNR, this means that we are enjoying success.

About being late: to be late, you must have given some deadline and failed to deliver. We don't provide deadline, out of "one missive per week" - no, this doesn't mean we're "going Debian" either.

About official support man: there is none and this is good. There are two major teams: core team (monero account) and extended team (monero-extended account). Oftentimes, members of both teams reply with their own nick (and this is good too).

Official status: there is the "description" field in profile and there is the signature. No need for something else.

You want to get sortta rich quick? Go elsewhere. You want to get real rich in two years (expected time for the effects of inflation to get lower)? Hold your coins. You want to get a lot of XMR coins? Either buy with fiat from your source of regular income (salary, welfare...), ride the pump and dump waves at your own risk or invest in creator of store of values (see my sig)

You want to participate in the development of monero? I assume if you want and can, you'll figure out by yourself how to do it.

Snobbery is good, if you can prove it to society, directly or indirectly. There should be clear sticky FAQ, and clear other things, with clear heartbeat and feedback. Sorry my English, I am not English speaking...

For example, in light of this thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptonote-a-complete-forking-guide-to-create-your-own-cryptonote-currency-673203

you, being official core team, should clearly deliver why Monero is better than any other Cryptonote fork including reference implementation from official Cryptonote technology creators. This deliverance should be bold & sticky.

why the price value of the coin is falling, never seen it that low.

You must be new here, some of us were buying at 0.0003, wish it would go as low as Ive seen it again Smiley Infact my mining costs at the beginning were way way lower than that.

Actually this might be a good idea to have! Just a technical guy who is reachable by chat from the XMR webpage. Most of the newbie questions can be answered by someone who is not in dev level right (and I know at least one person who had several devs helping him to install a wallet with no success still to this day....Wink )

Most of the people who can help find it very hard to sift through a thread such as this and a conversation in a forum style is very hard to be both quick and legible. Anyone who needs any additional help can always come over to IRC. Myself and many others are more than happy to answer any questions in there and indeed many do pop in, ask a quick question and leave again. Its by far a better system than trawling through an ann thread.

Time to get rid of that pesky mac Wink
Activity: 7
LOL a programmer who needs needs a GUI. A programmer who also believes that people were *blessed* with a different copy of the same binaries. No body will help you while you call everyone an ass hole, the wallet (which the vast majority have got on with) shit and refuse to read the people replies who have helped you.

Ill even help you out a bit more as I cant deal with your screaming in this thread. Come to IRC channel #monero. Ask in there as thats where the devs spend most their time and we can help you with technical problems without you calling everything shit because you cant get it to work.

LOL ....Man, Look this shit is frustrating but Thanks bro I will hit up the ICR channel if they dont have the answer fuck it.

To guy that was talking about firewalls ....Yea thats a good idea, and that was the first thing I thought was happen I disable all my firewalls, antivirus and I ran the command line that i post IDK maybe its something deeper maybe it will work it self out
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

And before Poloniex, it was already regarded as "high" or "pump" in the trading thread by those who had no stake. XMR is still, even at these levels, not a "cheap" coin. It needs to deliver the implicit promises in a timely manner against the exponentially (would be more dramatic to say increasing but that is not correct Wink ) decreasing new mintage coming to the market.

- the more people are coming into Monero, the worse the signal-to-noise ratio (hint for those who don't understand signal-to-noise ratio: google for the term, I won't babysit you). So if we have a low SNR, this means that we are enjoying success.

This is right. If you want to have a deeper discussion on XMR (and other alts), there is my altcoin observer, for example. Following this thread is indeed too much for people whose time carries a price tag.

I am afraid I don't believe this one. Low price just means fewer miners and buyers. High price is higher spread, which is good. But XMR price is just about right atm, not too low to degenerate into what would be labeled ninjamining 2 years afterwards, and also not too high to risk a dev/earlyadopter dump-and-abandon scheme.

Having said in May that I like it at 0.004 and like a lot at 0.002 but would not buy over 0.010 (because it will come down so I can continue buying), I think I am vindicated by the market.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
why the price value of the coin is falling, never seen it that low.
I don't think this will help you, because you should change your firewall options and not the daemon options.

+1. We need sticky FAQ in the 1st page of the thread, with all this typical questions. Firewall is quite common, and people are confusing..

Dear customers! You should encounter a problem with bitmonerod - it may be fail to connect to p2p monero net. It is because you under FIREWALL.

How these users can bypass a firewall?
Jump to: