Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1706. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
http://mro.extremepool.org   1% going to dev for pool code. 
Thanks zone117x for all you have done for the community.
Activity: 143
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net

Updates:

• Pool updated to edge pool software and daemon.
  • Edge difficulty retarget improvements applied and running.
  • Pool now donating 0.1% to pool software development in order to provide excellent service in future.
  • Still low 0.75% fees.

People! Join pool http://hashinvest.net. I take care of this pool all the time. Stable pool with instant online support and payouts.

Activity: 482
Merit: 500
I tried to transfer some money from one wallet to another but the coins did never arrive.

Monerochain.info does not know the transaction hash.

How can i find out what really happened?
If they never showed up on the public blockchain, your local copy thinks they've been sent so you need to clear that, resync with the public blockchain, and also rebuild your local wallet. If you haven't done "save" or "exit" in bitmonerod, just close the window without saving -- then you don't keep the info on the "lost" coins. For simplewallet, it doesn't matter what you do as you'll be deleting and resyncing regardless.

So close both siplewallet and bitmonerod, then delete all of the wallet files except for the ".keys" file (usually wallet.bin.keys), and if you need to, delete all of your blockchain files as well (in AppData/Roaming/bitmonero) and download the last update to provide faster syncing.

Now restart the daemon and wallet, and when both are all caught up to the current block your "lost" coins should be back.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
magical TA

that would be all technical analysis, especially for internet coins, since it's just hocus pocus

Risto is better at interpreting charts and markets than I am, at least on strategically useful scales, and I am no slouch.  He benefits reputationally from only making predictions public when he has high confidence.  But what Risto does is far beyond TA per se, encompassing diverse fundamental, pattern, and statistical analyses. 
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants

Thanks, I've regenerated the wallet but it say's balance 0.0  I have read this though -

4. We caught a bug where restoring a deterministic wallet would not find old transactions. This was due to the assumption that is made by simplewallet that a newly "created" wallet will never have old transactions in it. This has been patched, and will be merged up to master and included in updated binaries from the beginning of next week.

Is this why my balance shows 0 and is there a quick fix?

There is, but you need to be able to compile the wallet.

There's a branch that fixes restore here:
https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/restore-fix

So you can restore wallets from mnemonic phrases properly if you compile that on whatever system.

I did this and verified it DOES fix the problem.  So you can rest assured your coins are still there if the seed produced the right address (which it does).  If you are unable to compile that new wallet you can just wait for them to merge it into the next binary officially.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
I tried to transfer some money from one wallet to another but the coins did never arrive.

well as long as you control the wallet that you sent from and the wallet that you sent too than you still have your coins. somewhere. if its not on the blockchain than almost certainly its still on the wallet that you sent from. if worst comes to worst it will almost certainly be fixed by a fresh install.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
What's the process for regenerating a wallet from seed.  I just reinstalled it all and it only offered me options to create a new wallet.
simplewallet --help

Thanks, I've regenerated the wallet but it say's balance 0.0  I have read this though -

4. We caught a bug where restoring a deterministic wallet would not find old transactions. This was due to the assumption that is made by simplewallet that a newly "created" wallet will never have old transactions in it. This has been patched, and will be merged up to master and included in updated binaries from the beginning of next week.

Yes. There is exactly what you speak about. This written in Monero missive July 27. No quick fix available yet. Github branch is pending to merge. I have not seen Monero developers since Sunday on this thread. May anybody know what are they doing? Still at Bitcoin conference in Estonia?

Activity: 525
Merit: 250
1000 votes have been reached! Nice job! We are happy to see your active participation in our voting.
Keep supporting Monero: https://hitbtc.com/vote

Do not forget that once you sign in to your Hitbtc account, your votes will be multiplied by 10. Be sure to share these details with your friends!
Activity: 124

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Is there any development progress?
Activity: 20
I think he means VRT. Vertcoin.

Sorry your right - i did mean Vertcoin. i have had a reply on Rpietelia's thread informing me that Vertcoin just uses a mixer, and is not anonymous, so i will ignore VRT from now on. It was just some clever PR on their part that made it sound like it was.

Vertcoin is not trying to be anonymous but provide privacy tools: there are benefits for both anonymous and non-anonymous coins, so space for both.  Plenty of people support both VTC and XMR.
Activity: 20
Something is up with XMR.farm pool ?

Pool
 Hash Rate: 0.00 H/sec
 Block Found: 5 days ago
 Round Hashes: 1625485357
 Connected Miners: 0
 Fee: 0.38% + 0.1% development funding
 Block Found Every: Infinity years (est.)

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
What's the process for regenerating a wallet from seed.  I just reinstalled it all and it only offered me options to create a new wallet.
simplewallet --help

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
simplewallet --help

I remember the devs wrote something about branch, that this feature lies in a github branch to merge. I may mistake... Nevertheless, I slightly disconcerted, why devs are slow to make a comprehensive sticky FAQ at 1st page of this thread.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
When wallet be realised?

Due to some problems of higher priority to be fixed, this question has no sense current time. Among such problems is so called blockchain bloating curse - the price we pay for maintain FUNDAMENTAL anonymity level of Monero. This curse can not be solved completely in terms of Cryptonote algorithm, but delelopers are working hard to insert embedded database like leveldb, that dramatically decreases exe-file memory footprint, and may apply extra comression on saved data.

One can use Bitcoin for ordinary payments, and Monero for TOTALLY anonymous payments that never could be unveiled by FBI agents, etc. Mathematical theorems and completely decentralized Cryptonote algorithm do guarantee 100% pure natural anonymity Smiley

And because with blockchain growing, I repost detailed instructions to migrate to 64-bit Monero toolchain.

With 64-bit Monero, even TODAY you do achieve high level of robustness & durability, even without embedded database.

*WINDOWS USERS* (I think Linux users may do very very the same)

In case of any technical problem you have encountered with Monero:

1. Backup your wallet.* files.
2. Delete ALL Monero files from your computer.
3. Download 64-bit Monero zip & blockchain.bin from 1st sticky page of this thread.
4. Unzip & place all the files downloaded above to the directory: "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero".
5. From the backup made at step 1, place wallet.* files ||| EXCEPT wallet.bin ||| into directory at step 4.
6. Start bitmonerod.exe and wait for it to sync with the net.
7. Start simplewallet by the commad prompt: "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin" (name of file that must NOT exist in directory at step 4).
8. When you want to stop any monero executables - ALWAYS type "exit" & be patient.

simplewallet re-creates correct version of wallet.bin for you.

Since you migrate to 64-bit Monero by CORRECT WAY mentioned above - you will never have any problem except being patient due to Monero is currently somewhat slow.

Monero developers are working hard to entirely fix the problem - you may choose either migrate the way I described above, or wait for developers to release a fix.

Note that if you named your wallet file not "wallet.bin" but simply "wallet" you have to delete file "wallet", but keep "wallet.keys", etc,
so meaning file name is what you type to simplewallet prompt on starting:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero\

before:

wallet.bin
wallet.bin.keys
wallet.bin.address.txt

after:

wallet.bin.keys
wallet.bin.address.txt

[64-bit] simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin

***OR***

before:

wallet
wallet.keys
wallet.address.txt

after:

wallet.keys
wallet.address.txt

[64 bit] simplewallet --wallet-file wallet

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
For those of you unaware about the GUI, there is currently one well underway and almost completed. based off the bitcoin-qt style client

little teaser for you guys. happy panic buying.

Activity: 24
are there any proper pools for this or are they all p2pool nodes?
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Great News! I had asked BTCwisdom to add us, and they've listened!

Poloniex: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/poloniex/xmrbtc
Mintpal: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/xmrbtc

I cant wait for Rpietila to do some of his magical TA now.

Edit: anyone know how the order is done? randomly ?

Thats great thanks !

Time to start trading properly Smiley
Jump to: