Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1707. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 697
Merit: 500
When wallet be realised?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
If any of you are still furious about XMR devs unwillingness to promote XMR to the masses, this few words by Satoshi are an excellent cure:

Basically, bring it on.  Let's encourage Wikileaks to use Bitcoins and I'm willing to face any risk or fallout from that act.
No, don't "bring it on".

The project needs to grow gradually so the software can be strengthened along the way.

I make this appeal to WikiLeaks not to try to use Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is a small beta community in its infancy.  You would not stand to get more than pocket change, and the heat you would bring would likely destroy us at this stage.

lets hope those are words of wisdom...as i still find it very frustrating at the basicness of the monero website.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
magical TA

that would be all technical analysis, especially for internet coins, since it's just hocus pocus
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
If any of you are still furious about XMR devs unwillingness to promote XMR to the masses, this few words by Satoshi are an excellent cure:

Basically, bring it on.  Let's encourage Wikileaks to use Bitcoins and I'm willing to face any risk or fallout from that act.
No, don't "bring it on".

The project needs to grow gradually so the software can be strengthened along the way.

I make this appeal to WikiLeaks not to try to use Bitcoin.  Bitcoin is a small beta community in its infancy.  You would not stand to get more than pocket change, and the heat you would bring would likely destroy us at this stage.

I think he means VRT. Vertcoin.

Sorry your right - i did mean Vertcoin. i have had a reply on Rpietelia's thread informing me that Vertcoin just uses a mixer, and is not anonymous, so i will ignore VRT from now on. It was just some clever PR on their part that made it sound like it was.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Great News! I had asked BTCwisdom to add us, and they've listened!

Poloniex: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/poloniex/xmrbtc
Mintpal: https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/xmrbtc

I cant wait for Rpietila to do some of his magical TA now.

Edit: anyone know how the order is done? randomly ?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I think he means VRT. Vertcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Hi there, bit of a noob question.

can someone explain if the anon features of XMR are superior to the new stealth features of VTR...i just cannot get my head round it. I hold many XMR and am onboard for the long term - but just want to keep my eye on any possible competition. many thanks!

VTR? Link?
Hi there, bit of a noob question.

can someone explain if the anon features of XMR are superior to the new stealth features of VTR...i just cannot get my head round it. I hold many XMR and am onboard for the long term - but just want to keep my eye on any possible competition. many thanks!
Activity: 482
Merit: 500
I thought I'd post this here, for those that might be interested:

Guide for XMR GPU mining with NVIDIA hardware

Here's hoping that the open source AMD GPU miner can get to the point where it's competitive (or faster than) Claymore's miner.
Activity: 350
Got the wallet up and running (OS X Mavericks). Is there a Monero faucet available, or do I need to buy some like the rest of the plebes? Cheesy

I couldn't get it running from source. Did you have to delete anything along the way?

Thx in advance,
IAS

ps - I look forward to a GUI wallet in 3-6 months. Hope they can deliver then. I understand they have more important things but with distribution
still ongoing, I feel it is important to have easier access for the masses. (ehehhe, as if most people even are considering BTC.)

1. launch (double-click) bitmonerod
2. You'll see something like this:

3. When the demon is finished launching, you'll see something like this:

4. Double-click the simplewallet file and follow the prompts (create your first wallet file, enter a passphrase, etc)
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
Got the wallet up and running (OS X Mavericks). Is there a Monero faucet available, or do I need to buy some like the rest of the plebes? Cheesy

I couldn't get it running from source. Did you have to delete anything along the way?

Thx in advance,
IAS

ps - I look forward to a GUI wallet in 3-6 months. Hope they can deliver then. I understand they have more important things but with distribution
still ongoing, I feel it is important to have easier access for the masses. (ehehhe, as if most people even are considering BTC.)
Activity: 350
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
some of us drooling masses are here already Embarrassed

speaking of drooling. i bet my burrito is done.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
some of us drooling masses are here already Embarrassed

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
We need stable GUI wallet!

yew
need stable GUI wallet!

Would you rather buy before the drooling masses are capable of entering this market or after? Wink
Activity: 182
We need stable GUI wallet!

yew
need stable GUI wallet!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
XMR recently very popular, I hope I'm not late  Grin
Activity: 224
Activity: 104
Merit: 10