Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1791. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
So i have a few VMs that i want to solo mine but only port 80 is open. So they cant connect to peers.
Is it possible to make my laptop for example to be a node for those VMs so they can connect to the network?
If yes how?

You don't technically need incoming ports at all to run a node, though it is preferable.

If your node isn't able to work you probably have an old build with the obsolete seed nodes. Try upgrading.

Outgoing ports are also closed. Except port 80.

Okay, then you can start a daemon somewhere else with --p2p-bind-port 80 and then probably use --add-priority-node or --add-exclusive-node to connect to that daemon

Yeah i tried that and i am gettting "Signature mismatch, connection will be closed" unfortunately Sad
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
i have some cpu,who know how to miner with my wallet??
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1009
Why this??

My wallet balance is 0 D:

Anyone can help me??
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
So i have a few VMs that i want to solo mine but only port 80 is open. So they cant connect to peers.
Is it possible to make my laptop for example to be a node for those VMs so they can connect to the network?
If yes how?

You don't technically need incoming ports at all to run a node, though it is preferable.

If your node isn't able to work you probably have an old build with the obsolete seed nodes. Try upgrading.

Okay, then you can start a daemon somewhere else with --p2p-bind-port 80 and then probably use --add-priority-node or --add-exclusive-node to connect to that daemon

Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Regarding the Mintpal voting, they say they use the money generated for improvements.
Anyone take a look at the amount generated? Just XMR has over 17,600 votes. Check my math, but isn't that over 17BTC's raised? That is $10,600+ Dollars
When you add all the other coins in, that is an insane amount of money.
And they are doing this weekly?

IAS

Not all votes come through payments. But you're right, looks like XMR votes through payments amount to about 15 BTC currently. Not bad at all. But not really a problem either, it serves its purpose to get a view of how much money (and thus: volume) is behind an unlisted coin.

0.5BTC was from me alone as the votes where already up at 16.5K+
I have invested in a private pool (not technical enough to make one) didnt even ask the dev how much he wants  Cheesy
1BTC for the Opensource AMD miner + 0.2BTC for the Nvidia Miner Bounties - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7379927

Note : Have been in XMR for 5 days

I have a gut feeling you can say about this one

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
we can vote once per hour without pay
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Regarding the Mintpal voting, they say they use the money generated for improvements.
Anyone take a look at the amount generated? Just XMR has over 17,600 votes. Check my math, but isn't that over 17BTC's raised? That is $10,600+ Dollars

IAS

Not all votes come through payments. But you're right, looks like XMR votes through payments amount to about 15 BTC currently. Not bad at all. But not really a problem either, it serves its purpose to get a view of how much money (and thus: volume) is behind an unlisted coin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

IAS

You can vote once per hour without paying  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

IAS
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
If you want to crowdfund an open source GPU miner, start a new thread for it and link it here.  There should be some discussion first (there), for example what level of performance is required to claim the bounty, etc.

Here is the link for the GPU miner bounty thread
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
If yes how?

Activity: 56

If you want to crowdfund an open source GPU miner, start a new thread for it and link it here.  There should be some discussion first (there), for example what level of performance is required to claim the bounty, etc.

Doing it now, and crossposting everything in this thread.
legendary
I think if some miners are interested we can help fund and opensource Claymores GPU miner and the Nvidia one (cant remember the members username) maybe Lucas's and Wolf's projects also.

I think creating a frontend GUI with temperatures (instead of Realtemp and Afterburner) would be a big +1 for newbs to the algo.

The diff should help the price imo.

Im looking longterm for XMR so I invested 30% of my BTC into coins, a private pool (due to DDOS issues) and helped the votes alittle on Mintpal.

Not a dev but I hope I can help the project flourish with a few ideas.

This is a very good idea. cbuchner1 announced that he has a miner. I think it's time to ask them (more than just one of us would be great) what they would consider accepting to open source their projects. This just seems like a crap joke at this point. It's great that claymore made a program .. but it's been described as terribly unoptimized by very knowledgeable sources. It needs to be open source, because claymore does not have the time to optimize it.

The problem here is that guys like cbuchner1 could be left with highly optimized miners, and we're just burning GPU power at this point. Mining is getting rough right now and it's really starting to choke off interest. People who aren't mining this right now aren't going to be the one's to come in and ask Claymore and cbuchner these questions .. it's kind of on us. There's one person in particular I know has a serious CPU farm here. I'm sure the private nvidia mining operation is somewhere near that at this point. We need to get on top of this.

Update 1: Claymore does not provide open source miners, period. We will need to start a fund for an open source AMD miner. I will kick it off with 150 XMR. I'd like to use an escrow or something if necessary.

legendary
If yes how?

Activity: 565
Merit: 500
I think if some miners are interested we can help fund and opensource Claymores GPU miner and the Nvidia one (cant remember the members username) maybe Lucas's and Wolf's projects also.

I think creating a frontend GUI with temperatures (instead of Realtemp and Afterburner) would be a big +1 for newbs to the algo.

The diff should help the price imo.

Im looking longterm for XMR so I invested 30% of my BTC into coins, a private pool (due to DDOS issues) and helped the votes alittle on Mintpal.

Not a dev but I hope I can help the project flourish with a few ideas.

This is a very good idea. cbuchner1 announced that he has a miner. I think it's time to ask them (more than just one of us would be great) what they would consider accepting to open source their projects. This just seems like a crap joke at this point. It's great that claymore made a program .. but it's been described as terribly unoptimized by very knowledgeable sources. It needs to be open source, because claymore does not have the time to optimize it.

The problem here is that guys like cbuchner1 could be left with highly optimized miners, and we're just burning GPU power at this point. Mining is getting rough right now and it's really starting to choke off interest. People who aren't mining this right now aren't going to be the one's to come in and ask Claymore and cbuchner these questions .. it's kind of on us. There's one person in particular I know has a serious CPU farm here. I'm sure the private nvidia mining operation is somewhere near that at this point. We need to get on top of this.

Update 1: Claymore does not provide open source miners, period. We will need to start a fund for an open source AMD miner. I will kick it off with 150 XMR. I'd like to use an escrow or something if necessary.

If it can be done from one of the core members (crowdfunding) that would be great

Throw 1 BTC or the equivalent XMR into that from me for the AMD miner. And 0.2BTC for Nvidia (as I don't own any)

Will get the message out to a few friends that are already invested and mining Monero.

Update 2 Bounties : 150XMR + 1BTC for AMD Opensourced miner for XMR
                           150XMR + 0.2BTC  For Nvidia Opensourced miner for XMR

Activity: 2
^Are you running it by double clicking on it? Did you double click on a .bat file yesterday instead of an .exe? Any errors it gives you?
errors can not to see. The window of bitmonerod  shut down too quick. yesterday ,it can run very well.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511
after couple of days waiting till some sellorders were filled (other coins), I am finally into Monero.
Which means at least 10 votes p/day extra  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1009
Why this??

My wallet balance is 0 D:
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^With the wallet (actually the wallet is telling the daemon to mine) you will be solo mining - if you have enough hash rate it's better. With minerd you are mining for a pool and you'll get small, but regular payments.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Is it better to mine with the wallet, or to mine with a program like minerd?
Jump to: