Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1800. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
is the GUI released yet?

The GUI is not important enough for us to be worried about yet.  

I'd say we want to get the software as bulletproof as possible now, first.

Worry about a gui later.  If not having a gui means less attention it is better for now.  We want to make sure when the attention comes we are ready.

Boolberry has now got an alpha GUI

monero has like 3 in beta Tongue

The Boolberry GUI wallet is in beta. It is qt-based and cross-platform. I posted the relevant information in the Monero GUI thread along with links to the source code.

If you have questions on the code, send crypto_zoidberg a message. He is glad to answer any questions.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
did somebody address the blockcahin issue?

it is growing really fast I think it isnt sustainable on the long run. I suppose a hard fork is coming soon?

The first issue is that the client needs to split the chain into chunks like Bitcoin does (on disk) so that only a part is in ram.

Then they can move onto the next issue of getting the blockchain smaller. It's really inefficient at the moment so there are lots of room for improvement.

Remember this is early stage tech, it's where Bitcoin was in 2009 - 2010.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Mathew Green tweeted they were developing it specifically for zerocash, cbf to find it, look through his posts.

Well it sounds suspect.

They are developing something that has wider ramifications and would be more useful than zerocash itself to just help get zerocash started.

I remember doing a lot of research into this idea, and what I found was it's highly unlikely to be solved.

It's like saying, to help us build the 100 km skyscraper, we'll just invent a super material. Easy.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010
did somebody address the blockcahin issue?

it is growing really fast I think it isnt sustainable on the long run. I suppose a hard fork is coming soon?
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
is the GUI released yet?

Worry about a gui later.  If not having a gui means less attention it is better for now.  We want to make sure when the attention comes we are ready.

monero has like 3 in beta Tongue
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
is the GUI released yet?

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
I have a total of 8 KH/s that i can use to solo mine. I tried that, I found 1 block in 3 days. waste. However, when I jumped on a pool (monero pool.org) I was getting paid a lot more and blocks were found faster.
Activity: 545
Oh jeez isnt it interesting that MoneroPool.org is shutting down after I uncovered a keylogger malware attached to their software. I see they are blaming it on "DDOS attacks" I warned everyone how many listened? How many peoples bitcoins, litecoins, other coins will be stolen as a result of this?

Shame on members here for attempting to cover this up shame on you

If you don't like the coin, please just leave. You have been spreading FUD about everything related to Monero ever since this community declined your offer of buying your shitty domain for an exorbitant amount. Your futile trolling is so obvious to everyone.

Activity: 560
Everyone, if you think about it we can't really spread the hash around. We need to have 1 major or 2 major pools.

You misunderstand how proof-of-work functions. It's probabilistic and memoryless. In plain English this means your expected payout depends on nothing but your hashrate.

The pool is irrelevant, except for superstitions. In fact, centralized mining like what you're suggesting is a ticket to collapses in market confidence.
moneropool.com has over 3 MH/s right now.
mine.moneropool.com

What do you think? Finding blocks quick. But is it protected?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Everyone, if you think about it we can't really spread the hash around. We need to have 1 major or 2 major pools. We need a moneropool.org MH/s hash rate again. That pool was DDOS'ed because it was not prepared. Mitigating DDOS, having multiple entry and exit points help, load balancing and bgp is key. There are more ways to protect, but i won't list them all - you can google it.

Which pool has this sort of protection? I bet none to very few.
I think we need to all pick 1 or 2 pools and throw our hashes at them. I have a total of 7 KH/s on mro.extremehash.com right now. I also have 1 KH/s on pool.cryptoescrow.eu. But there may be better ones.

As a community, we need to vote. Then the winner of the vote get's our hashes. But the winner needs real protection which costs real money. IMO, if a pool can't spend money upfront, then the pool should not be started.
@ Extremepool we have our own datacenter West Coast USA.
We do not have our servers online with a 3rd party hosting service.
No one has tried to DDOS our pools, at least not that I am aware of, and if they have they have been unsuccessful.
Wolf' has verified our servers are secure and firewalled.   If anyone wants more information feel free to ask or pm me.
http://www.extremepool.org
http://mro.extremepool.org
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Well guys, Monero is up with 120% or so. What will be the further price proces you guys think? 10$, 20$, 100$? thanks
Everyone, if you think about it we can't really spread the hash around. We need to have 1 major or 2 major pools. We need a moneropool.org MH/s hash rate again. That pool was DDOS'ed because it was not prepared. Mitigating DDOS, having multiple entry and exit points help, load balancing and bgp is key. There are more ways to protect, but i won't list them all - you can google it.

Which pool has this sort of protection? I bet none to very few.
I think we need to all pick 1 or 2 pools and throw our hashes at them. I have a total of 7 KH/s on mro.extremehash.com right now. I also have 1 KH/s on pool.cryptoescrow.eu. But there may be better ones.

As a community, we need to vote. Then the winner of the vote get's our hashes. But the winner needs real protection which costs real money. IMO, if a pool can't spend money upfront, then the pool should not be started.
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
is the GUI released yet?

Clock is ticking, zerocash is around the corner and could bite your ass if you don't hurry up.

How has zerocash solved the accumulator problem? If not then it's a trusted system not a trustless system. No one in crypto is interested in third party god mode.

They are using multisig method, so out of lets say 20 people, just one of them needs to be honest.

Either I have misunderstood the accumulator issue or you have misunderstood the accumulator issue.

Zerocash requires an initial accumulator that will exist for the life of the currency. This accumulator requires certain knowns to be created. These knowns then have to be thrown away. However it's impossible to prove they were throw away.

Hense the concern. Someone who retains these variables in the beginning will be able to print new zerocash without any ability to prove the supply is being manipulated.

This is why in its current form zerocash is an example of a trusted crypto currency, and trust at this particular level (control of the money supply by whomever started the currency) is certainly a no go.

Maybe i didn't explain it well enough, here i will give you the source.

https://twitter.com/secparam/status/476479941878755329

Well "multi party computation" is certainly not "multisig"

Also, what the hell is "multi party computation"? Even if all the computers take part in the computation of the accumulator, the initial variables still need to be present when the final accumulator is forged.

I haven't read any research about "multi party computation" that can solve this issue. In fact, true "multi party computation" would be a more impressive invention than zerocash itself.

Please present the papers about "multi party computation" because I need such tech for a project of my own (nothing to do with anon by the way)

Mathew Green tweeted they were developing it specifically for zerocash, cbf to find it, look through his posts.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Fully automated and functional after 60 confirmations - takes about 30 minutes to receive your share of XMR after we mine a block.

sorry i wasnt clear: do you payout dust or do you have some min amount?
We payout dust - there is no minimum payout amount.

would you mind to change that?
you are blowing moneros utxset.. and make it harder to spend for low-hash miners.
leaving your pool for now (but would like to come back Wink )
This is a good idea - i will talk with Wolf0 on how we could implement that.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Fully automated and functional after 60 confirmations - takes about 30 minutes to receive your share of XMR after we mine a block.

That is the default implementation of the pool.

We modified this on http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ (at the cost of very late payments and angry miners, sorry again) but it is working now.

We pay every 3 hours so it stack about 6-7 blocks before sending a TX.

Activity: 55
Merit: 1
1+
Any chance for normal qt wallet? I cant send and receive money with it ? Sad any tutorlial or something?

I like that idea!

It seems that many users have problems to transfer moneros,
it would be great if someone could make a turtorial video on youtube how to
send moneros, mine and stuff like that...

also a youtube and twitter channel is needed, i could help to keep them up to date

For a good video i will send the creator 1XMR
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

would you mind to change that?
you are blowing moneros utxset.. and make it harder to spend for low-hash miners.
leaving your pool for now (but would like to come back Wink )
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Jump to: