Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1803. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
So I sent 1 XMR from my wallet to poloniex two days ago, and it has not shown up.

I am on version 0.8.8

I receive payments from moneropool.org fine.

My command was of the form "transfer 2 xxxxx 1 xxxxx"

The wallet responded "Money successfully sent, transaction "

"payments xxxxx" where "xxxxx" is the payment ID gets "No payments with id

I tried "payments" again after a refresh and got the same result.

Neither the transaction id nor the payment id show up in bitmonerod.log, nor in monerochain.info.

My balance is indeed one coin short.

I lost net connectivity for a while right after the payment was made.

Suggestions, please?

Have you spoken to poloniex about the transaction id?

No...since it doesn't show up in the block explorer, I can't imagine what they would be able to do about it. 
1) Enter "exit" in both daemon and wallet
2) Update to the latest version from the OP
3) delete poolstate.bin (it's in %APPDATA%\bitmonero on windows and in .bitmonerod on linux)
4) backup your wallet (.keys)
5) delete wallet.bin (NOT wallet.bin.keys).
6) open your daemon and wallet as usual (same name as the .bin file you deleted, same pass) and it'll sync again (based on the .keys file). The money should be in your wallet and you could send them with the proper fee now.

Thanks...that worked, even though I am on 0.8.8.1 and logs showed the tx fee was correct.  I suspect, in my case, internet connectivity issues caused the daemon to get into a bad state.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I have been mining over 24 hours at 3KH/s ++, I should be getting over 8 - 9 coins.... but I am got 1.2 coins! Is it just me or is there something wrong with all the pools ?
Activity: 856
I bet we reach 0.007 BTC in next 24 hours !!
Activity: 698
Merit: 511
Does anyone know why do I get following messages in the daemon window?

2014-Jun-16 18:37:30.250365 [P2P8][sock 16] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6559881

Any ideas why the DDOS attacks are so fierce? This little "nobody" of a coin is suddenly catching the attention of the Crypto world and might be a threat to DRK, etc.
It is not cheap to constantly do DDOS attacks. Perhaps it is from the same bots that are mining it, but any plans for a P2P miner?

Lastly, the huge volume is intense. 480 BTC traded on Poloniex, interesting...
Someone is taking notice.

I bet 1 XMR the people behind most DDOS are the DRK bagholders.

I bet its someone from others pools wanting to devert the powerful hash Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Any ideas why the DDOS attacks are so fierce? This little "nobody" of a coin is suddenly catching the attention of the Crypto world and might be a threat to DRK, etc.
It is not cheap to constantly do DDOS attacks. Perhaps it is from the same bots that are mining it, but any plans for a P2P miner?

It's pool wars.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

Several different leads
- people sick of overly large pool
- competition/haters
- people willing to momentarily discredit monero in order to buy more

The usual thing Smiley

Edit: pool wars is another possibility, thanks sammy007.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile

Activity: 442
Does anyone know why do I get following messages in the daemon window?

2014-Jun-16 18:37:30.250365 [P2P8][sock 16] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32
Activity: 252
I don't like spamming pool adverts but I figure I'm allowed one, in slightly larger font:

Come mine at http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ (if you feel like it)

Some points in its favour:
  • Runs on dedicated server in London datacentre with low latency links
  • One of the longer running XMR pools (its even a seed node!)
  • Tested for over a week with own hashpower to fix the bugs first, rather than waste miners' time
  • Optimised vardiff calculator, reliable share processing
  • Pool admin spends too much time in IRC in case you have questions or special requests
Activity: 294
Hello monero followers!

Is it possible to paste an adress into the simple wallet, or do i have to
type in the whole adress manualy into the wallet?

Thank's for help

ALT + Space + E
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
Hello monero followers!

Is it possible to paste an adress into the simple wallet, or do i have to
type in the whole adress manualy into the wallet?

Thank's for help
Activity: 301
MoneroPool.org is shutting down due to DDoS attacks. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Permanent shutdown?
Yes. It's not worth it to keep running the mining server any more  Undecided

Come mine @ http://pool.cryptoescrow.eu
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I updated the OP with the list of sister threads. I suggest the creator of the other threads to to add this:

Ok, I updated the mining thread.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
MoneroPool.org is shutting down due to DDoS attacks. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Damn. I'm sorry for you.

I'm still trying to keep my pool on my side but it is getting really hard.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I suggest you post this kind of "ads" in the Monero mining thread so it doesn't cloag up this one.

I updated the OP with the list of sister threads. I suggest the creator of the other threads to to add this:

Economy

››› Economy ‹‹‹
Monero ANNMonero SupportMonero Mining
#monero • #monero-dev • #monero-otc

Mining

››› Mining ‹‹‹
Monero ANNMonero supportMonero Economy
#monero • #monero-dev • #monero-otc

Thank you!
Activity: 265
Merit: 119

Permanent shutdown?
Yes. It's not worth it to keep running the mining server any more  Undecided

I am sorry to hear that. I enjoyed my experience mining at your pool, the least amount of hassle and regular payouts. Hopefully, it may be worth your while in the future.
Activity: 300

Permanent shutdown?
Yes. It's not worth it to keep running the mining server any more  Undecided

Sorry to hear that. Can't you do anything about it, i think there are some DDoS protection service ? What did your hosting provider say about this DDos attempt ?
Activity: 798
how to send my monero from my wallet to trade?

Where are you wanting to send it to ? Both Polo and Biterex will give you a payment ID. If you need to know the transfer command it is

transfer 0 [Addresss] [amount] [Payment_Id]
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
So I sent 1 XMR from my wallet to poloniex two days ago, and it has not shown up.

I am on version 0.8.8

I receive payments from moneropool.org fine.

My command was of the form "transfer 2 xxxxx 1 xxxxx"

The wallet responded "Money successfully sent, transaction "

"payments xxxxx" where "xxxxx" is the payment ID gets "No payments with id

I tried "payments" again after a refresh and got the same result.

Neither the transaction id nor the payment id show up in bitmonerod.log, nor in monerochain.info.

My balance is indeed one coin short.

I lost net connectivity for a while right after the payment was made.

Suggestions, please?

Have you spoken to poloniex about the transaction id?

No...since it doesn't show up in the block explorer, I can't imagine what they would be able to do about it.  
You were using an old version and because of that you sent with a low fee - probably no miner will include your transaction.
1) Enter "exit" in both daemon and wallet
2) Update to the latest version from the OP
3) delete poolstate.bin (it's in %APPDATA%\bitmonero on windows and in .bitmonerod on linux)
4) backup your wallet (.keys)
5) delete wallet.bin (NOT wallet.bin.keys).
6) open your daemon and wallet as usual (same name as the .bin file you deleted, same pass) and it'll sync again (based on the .keys file). The money should be in your wallet and you could send them with the proper fee now.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

I sent 5.25 XMR to Bittrex 14 June, and also don`t see it on my balance Sad
used transfer 0 ... command

Are either of you guys using a GUI wallet? I have a sneaky suspicion that some of the GUI wallets are not enforcing the minimum fees, and transactions are thus never getting mined.

No, I am using simplewallet on Linux.

I found this in simplewallet.log:

2014-Jun-14 14:10:03.214535 Transaction successfully sent. <<862ea2494a717bf77c127a2677797ef8faac480676a05a85592d42da2fb01423>>
Commission: 0.005000000000 (dust: 0.000000000000)

So it's not an issue with the fee.

Also in simplewallet.log, just before the above, is:

transaction <862ea2494a717bf77c127a2677797ef8faac480676a05a85592d42da2fb01423> generated ok and sent to daemon, key_images: [...

But the transaction id does not appear in bitmonerod.log

Jump to: