Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1808. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Shame, fantastic coin, but pools are complete joke. Hope it will be fixed soon. Meanwhile I mine other coins and buy monero.

Pools get DDOS by some haters and the network itself may get attacked, what are we supposed to do ??
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I made a small test on http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ with the CPU and got a payout, then I moved with 1.5k+ overnight and saw no payout.
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
Shame, fantastic coin, but pools are complete joke. Hope it will be fixed soon. Meanwhile I mine other coins and buy monero.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/  this pool is strange
my
Total Hashes Submitted: 47225000
and i  have -Total Paid: 0.089316690102 XMR
 Shocked

How long have you been mining ?

It pays every 3 hours so until the moment you get paid, the total paid will be much lower compared to your hash submitted.

look pool blocks ,10 hours no payout

legendary
http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/  this pool is strange
my
and i  have -Total Paid: 0.089316690102 XMR
 Shocked

How long have you been mining ?

It pays every 3 hours so until the moment you get paid, the total paid will be much lower compared to your hash submitted.
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
is the GUI released yet?

The GUI is not important enough for us to be worried about yet.  

I'd say we want to get the software as bulletproof as possible now, first.

Worry about a gui later.  If not having a gui means less attention it is better for now.  We want to make sure when the attention comes we are ready.

Clock is ticking, zerocash is around the corner and could bite your ass if you don't hurry up.

How has zerocash solved the accumulator problem? If not then it's a trusted system not a trustless system. No one in crypto is interested in third party god mode.

They are using multisig method, so out of lets say 20 people, just one of them needs to be honest.

Either I have misunderstood the accumulator issue or you have misunderstood the accumulator issue.

Zerocash requires an initial accumulator that will exist for the life of the currency. This accumulator requires certain knowns to be created. These knowns then have to be thrown away. However it's impossible to prove they were throw away.

Hense the concern. Someone who retains these variables in the beginning will be able to print new zerocash without any ability to prove the supply is being manipulated.

This is why in its current form zerocash is an example of a trusted crypto currency, and trust at this particular level (control of the money supply by whomever started the currency) is certainly a no go.

Maybe i didn't explain it well enough, here i will give you the source.

https://twitter.com/secparam/status/476479941878755329

Activity: 687
novag
http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/  this pool is strange

my

and i  have -Total Paid: 0.089316690102 XMR
 Shocked
legendary

Is the network under attack ?

Can the massive amount of dust transactions be the problem ?

Everyone complain that pools doesn't pay but on http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ for example, we did pay what has to be paid and even more as a gift.

Notice that not everyone is having problem receiving payment. So why some people keep saying they haven't been paid for a week ?

Concerning monero.crypto-pool.fr, we setup a new payment system that pay every 3 hours instead of every block to stop the dust transaction spamming. I hope the big pools plan on doing the same.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
yes that's great to hear, as long as block chain are doubled, the needed memory need to double too, that' expensive memory usage.
the bytecoin blockchain is much larger than monero, it is a known issue
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
yes that's great to hear, as long as block chain are doubled, the needed memory need to double too, that' expensive memory usage.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
holly shit,

the XMR deamon is totally memory leak, that why when it start, my computer are about to freezing...
Note that this deamon has just started 30 minutes

As Keyboard-Mash pointed out, no memory leak, that's by design (loading the entire blockchain into RAM). We are gradually working on an embedded database version that will solve this.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
holly shit,

the XMR deamon is totally memory leak, that why when it start, my computer are about to freezing...

Kind of. It loads the entire blockchain into ram. It uses a lot of memory, and can probably be handled better, but isn't a memory leak .. as it won't grow unless the blockchain does.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
holly shit,

Note that this deamon has just started 30 minutes

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
is the GUI released yet?

The GUI is not important enough for us to be worried about yet.  

I'd say we want to get the software as bulletproof as possible now, first.

Worry about a gui later.  If not having a gui means less attention it is better for now.  We want to make sure when the attention comes we are ready.

Clock is ticking, zerocash is around the corner and could bite your ass if you don't hurry up.

How has zerocash solved the accumulator problem? If not then it's a trusted system not a trustless system. No one in crypto is interested in third party god mode.

They are using multisig method, so out of lets say 20 people, just one of them needs to be honest.

Either I have misunderstood the accumulator issue or you have misunderstood the accumulator issue.

Zerocash requires an initial accumulator that will exist for the life of the currency. This accumulator requires certain knowns to be created. These knowns then have to be thrown away. However it's impossible to prove they were throw away.

Hense the concern. Someone who retains these variables in the beginning will be able to print new zerocash without any ability to prove the supply is being manipulated.

This is why in its current form zerocash is an example of a trusted crypto currency, and trust at this particular level (control of the money supply by whomever started the currency) is certainly a no go.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
So I sent 1 XMR from my wallet to poloniex two days ago, and it has not shown up.

I sent 5.25 XMR to Bittrex 14 June, and also don`t see it on my balance Sad
used transfer 0 ... command

Are either of you guys using a GUI wallet? I have a sneaky suspicion that some of the GUI wallets are not enforcing the minimum fees, and transactions are thus never getting mined.
Activity: 27
I must say that my feelings about these recent DDoS attacks are strangely divided. Of course it's not nice that people are attacking Monero's infrastructure, but on the other hand my pool is doing better than ever. Knock on wood.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 6
So I sent 1 XMR from my wallet to poloniex two days ago, and it has not shown up.

I sent 5.25 XMR to Bittrex 14 June, and also don`t see it on my balance Sad
used transfer 0 ... command
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
Theres is a keylogger that was attached to the mining software. I suggest everyone scan their computers to see if they are indeed infected. Seriously, you have been warned

This level sociopathic lying. 

Total sleaze bag. 

This coin must be good. 
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
why two big pool getting DDos..
moneropool and monero.crypto-pool.fr

is a test for xmr security ?  Sad Sad Sad

my miner get 0 ....

Hash Rate: 12.10 KH/sec
Total Hashes Submitted: 265579000
Total Paid: 0.000000000000 MRO
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
MoneroPool.org has been up for 3+ hours now. Hope I'm not speaking too soon.  Roll Eyes

Or when I post does the DoS begin?  Tongue

MoneroPool.com also appears to be up.
Jump to: