Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1843. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 786
Merit: 857
Can anyone help me out?
when checking my balance i see
balance 30 unlocked 4.889
how do i unlock the other XMR to transfer?
using simplewallet and bitmonerod
thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Actually, that's a good idea. Don't solve the dust problem for the pools and get all the devs together and suddenly come out with a solution for p2pool. Boom p2pool is the only dust free pool. Then solve it for other pools. p2pool is the only known way to solve the centralization problem right now. If you guys did that I think you'd become a threat to Bitcoin over night, and make a shitload of money in the process.

The P2Pool codebase is a nightmare and needs to be totally refactored. Additionally, verification of chains is extremely difficult due to the slowness of our hashing algorithm. I doubt it will be possible for a P2Pool implementation to come out in the near future (though I'd welcome it).

The dust issue can be solved for pools simply by sending amounts denominated to 0.1 and nothing less, zone177x is working on it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Exactly my thoughts. It is easier to get as many people as possible on a p2pool boat early, and it would be a big plus for XMR on the long run if it becomes part of the "community culture".
One could also set up something like http://blisterpool.com/p2pdonate to make it more profitable than any other pool, assuming people donate enough. Which I'm sure they'd do because as you said the community here seems extremely passionate.

If mining proceeds are "dusty" now, imagine with a P2Pool type arrangement.
This will require some deep thinking from the smartypants here  Wink , and will probably need to have the dust problem addressed with current pool code 1st.

(No, I do not want dust in my pizza ffs!)
~ Myagui

Actually, that's a good idea. Don't solve the dust problem for the pools and get all the devs together and suddenly come out with a solution for p2pool. Boom p2pool is the only dust free pool. Then solve it for other pools. p2pool is the only known way to solve the centralization problem right now. If you guys did that I think you'd become a threat to Bitcoin over night, and make a shitload of money in the process.
legendary
Merit: 1005
Hi, monero developers (if you do periodically read this thread)!

I have seen monero sources - their code style seems to be more clear than even bitcoin one Smiley

One question intrigues me: What elliptic curve criptography implementation do you use? Have you gotten it from another source?
Or did you completely write it from scratch?

-------

P.s. 'Contact' division in the official site http://monero.cc does not work - I can not send a message (replies "405 Not Allowed").

P.p.s. Do you need free class 'A' certificates from globalsign as an open source project?

https://www.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-open-source/

EdDSA, see the ByteCoin whitepaper. We are using a reference implementation.

See here for the advantages this has against Bitcoin's implementation: http://blog.cr.yp.to/20140323-ecdsa.html
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Exactly my thoughts. It is easier to get as many people as possible on a p2pool boat early, and it would be a big plus for XMR on the long run if it becomes part of the "community culture".
One could also set up something like http://blisterpool.com/p2pdonate to make it more profitable than any other pool, assuming people donate enough. Which I'm sure they'd do because as you said the community here seems extremely passionate.

If mining proceeds are "dusty" now, imagine with a P2Pool type arrangement.
This will require some deep thinking from the smartypants here  Wink , and will probably need to have the dust problem addressed with current pool code 1st.

(No, I do not want dust in my pizza ffs!)
~ Myagui
legendary
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
Is there anyone working towards a cryptonote version of p2pool?

It seems to me this community is pretty tight knit with a lot of passionate people. Maybe it would be best to nip this problem in the bud now and get everyone onto p2pool and have it be the biggest pool. Maybe even try to have it get over 50% of the hashrate. If you guys did that I think that would be a game changer.

With ghash.io now consistently controlling close to 50% of the Bitcoin hashrate, I'm wondering if Cryptonote has basically the same vulnerability. I'm unfamiliar with how this mining protocol works. It seems to me if Cryptonote had any strength in this regard whatsoever it would be a gigantic advantage for Cryptonote. Thanks to whoever replies.

Cryptonote is a protocol and the 50% issue is not a protocol issue so as such is vulnerable to the same pooled resources issues.

That's too bad.

It seems to me this community is pretty tight knit with a lot of passionate people. Maybe it would be best to nip this problem in the bud now and get everyone onto p2pool and have it be the biggest pool. Maybe even try to have it get over 50% of the hashrate. If you guys did that I think that would be a game changer.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
With ghash.io now consistently controlling close to 50% of the Bitcoin hashrate, I'm wondering if Cryptonote has basically the same vulnerability. I'm unfamiliar with how this mining protocol works. It seems to me if Cryptonote had any strength in this regard whatsoever it would be a gigantic advantage for Cryptonote. Thanks to whoever replies.

Cryptonote is a protocol and the 50% issue is not a protocol issue so as such is vulnerable to the same pooled resources issues.
legendary
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

I downloaded the blockchain, putted it in the bitmonero folder, launched bitmonerod, still cant connect and look at my balance "daemon is too busy"

okay so after you have put bitmonero blockchain in %appdata%/bitmonero and have launched simple wallet and bitmonerod, type set_log 1 in the bitmonerod window. I imagine this will show you blocks still coming in, once that stops you should have a green message that says SYNCHRONIZED OK. That means the blockchain has finished downloading and then you can type refresh in the wallet.

daemon is busy means its still downloading the blockchain.

Ty for the fast answer Smiley
I did what u said, after "set_log 1" in bitmonerod window, got errors msg, "failed to handshake..."

It seems to try to connect to some nodes to update blockchain without success

Do you have the latest version?

Upadated and it seems to work Smiley Ty for the help
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
The devs need to make it mandotory for dumbass pools to stop paying out micro/dust payments.
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
Your transaction is still a bit over 2x too large. Try something like 0.5 MRO

You can avoid this happening by mining on smaller pool.

what is the limit in amount ,?Huh

look

[wallet 47QfFp]: transfer 0 myadress 2.041 myID
Error: transaction d2c3> is too big. Transaction size: 61901 bytes, transaction size limit: 24400 b
ytes

i really dont understand why i small amount is refuse too

so we can imagine  that we can have a wallet and we can't transfer any coin because the transaction size is come so big than any minimal transfert is refuse???

its a very bad thing for this coin

because, all pool i can choose have big hasrate so my transaction limit will never decrease...
moneropool.com stop payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just leave that pool, it not happen once it happens many times already, ABANDON THAT POOL

A bit extreme, has it happened and nobody got paid? no ? Exactly, you'll get your payments, jeeez.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100

just leave that pool, it not happen once it happens many times already, ABANDON THAT POOL
Activity: 356
Merit: 100

the part of transactions is visible in a wallet, but has the status is unavailable
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
The BBR GUI wallet is got new progress, how about the XMO..

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7240186

It has been mentioned already in this thread x times Wink its in beta and works
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
P.s. 'Contact' division in the official site http://monero.cc does not work - I can not send a message (replies "405 Not Allowed").
Fixed, thank you.
ec2 miners are launching hundreds of instances because it is extremely profitable with this price spike.
I don't think this is true. I don't think EC2-Mining is profitable with current price of $1.73.

Yeah thats not it trust me Wink

1000 h/s gets around 3.8 XMR at this difficulty which is around .01BTC at this price which is $6.40 ish. Cost of 1000 h/s is around $7.60 per day. In fact all thats happened with this price spike is its become a bit less of a loss to mine but still cheaper to buy.
Jump to: