Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1845. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
hi Everyone, sorry if this question has even been asked,

I'm mining since 2 days, and when i looked on monero explorer my wallet address, it cant been found.
I mined with the simple monero miner, which i believe generate a wallet and mine instantly.
I mined 0.20, so i guess its peraphs not enough to be paid, am i wrong ?

Thx !

Hi, can you see the coins in your own wallet or are you looking at the payout listed on the pool website.
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
Just me or http://moneropool.org/ having issues accepting shares?
They fixed the orphan issue though.
It should be better now. I had to restart the server and change some things.

Edit: I'm upgrading the server.

how long will your upgrade last ? as the situation is not improving.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
It should be better now. I had to restart the server and change some things.

Edit: I'm upgrading the server.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
hi Everyone, sorry if this question has even been asked,

I'm mining since 2 days, and when i looked on monero explorer my wallet address, it cant been found.
I mined with the simple monero miner, which i believe generate a wallet and mine instantly.
I mined 0.20, so i guess its peraphs not enough to be paid, am i wrong ?

Thx !
Activity: 649
Merit: 505
yeah i can confirm moneropool.org this morning has problem to get submitted shares as i am also experiencing problems.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Activity: 245
maybe dev can work of this sort of issue?

The devs are already working on this issue.
Also the pool software is being changed atm to disable these dust payouts and set a minimum payout.
Its another one of those "unintended bugs" in the BCN code the XMR devs are fixing
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Your transaction is still a bit over 2x too large. Try something like 0.5 MRO

You can avoid this happening by mining on smaller pool.

what is the limit in amount ,?Huh

look

[wallet 47QfFp]: transfer 0 myadress 2.041 myID
Error: transaction d2c3> is too big. Transaction size: 61901 bytes, transaction size limit: 24400 b
ytes

i really dont understand why i small amount is refuse too
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
maybe dev can work of this sort of issue?
Activity: 309
confused developer

look

Error: transaction d2c3> is too big. Transaction size: 61901 bytes, transaction size limit: 24400 b
ytes

The amount might be small but it is the number of inputs that matters, you probably have tons of dust inputs from pool mining

look

ytes

and what is the limit ??
transaction size limit: 24400
and what is the limit ??
[wallet 47QfFp]: transfer 0 myaderess 12.49 myID
Error: transaction <6b5cd559b44b28b81a813cedfdf17100f85be94d2405a76111c4bf2b93bd
37aa> is too big. Transaction size: 126004 bytes, transaction size limit: 24400
bytes

why i have this error?

i have update to the last version the client
The transaction is over the max transaction size limit. Try sending in smaller amounts.
[wallet 47QfFp]: transfer 0 myaderess 12.49 myID
Error: transaction <6b5cd559b44b28b81a813cedfdf17100f85be94d2405a76111c4bf2b93bd
37aa> is too big. Transaction size: 126004 bytes, transaction size limit: 24400
bytes

why i have this error?

i have update to the last version the client
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
It is supposed to checkpoint to disk, but apparently it didn't. Double check that you don't have a disk problem (out of disk space, etc.) and once it syncs up the next time, type "save" in the daemon window.

Thanks for the tips. This coin really is for geeks (funny thing is - I AM one !). Now I can see why nobody's buying it - it's not even out of alpha yet.

ok, I've downloaded the blockchain but can't find any info as to where I should locate it. If I put it in the same folder as the daemon, then the log entry says 'Unable to load blockchain, creaating genesis block'. On the other hand, if I look in users/AppData/Roaming etc, there's no sign of a Monero folder created by the daemon.

If I downloaded the Windows binaries, do I still need to install any 3rd party support infrastructure (there was on cited on the Wallet download page but I forgot the name right now).

Thanks again for the tips !

EDIT: FOund where the blockchain goes - it's in a folder called 'bitmonero' in roaming, not monero.

Bitcoin itself was once a geeky skeletal framework. In fact in either case, it's not the coin itself that is geeky but rather the underlying technology. The task at hand is to bring the technology to the masses which is an evolutionary process.

I am the masses.  I'm interested i'm Monero due to the involvement of people I respect.  I have no computer skills.  My new computer is windows 8.1 with a pentium chip Embarrassed so I wont be mining.  I started using btc over a year ago.  I have never downloaded the blockchain as I have only used the electrum wallet.  I have considered purchasing XMR but the process of downloading, setting up, and transferring is daunting.  I don't want use an exchange for storage.  I see that an attempt is being made to make a deterministic wallet.  Will this mean no downloading of the blockchain like electrum?  

Any advice on how to get started with Monero would be appreciated.

This tutorial may help you https://monerotalk.org/t/bounty-create-a-useful-tutorial-on-how-to-setup-monero/13/4

Thanks I'll give it a go when I have some time.  Just to reinforce how clueless I am, in 13 years of owning a computer I have never backed up anything Embarrassed  This is another joy with using the electrum wallet, never a need to back it up.  My seeds are safely stored in several secure locations and my btc will live on when I die.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
XMR is the future.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
It is supposed to checkpoint to disk, but apparently it didn't. Double check that you don't have a disk problem (out of disk space, etc.) and once it syncs up the next time, type "save" in the daemon window.

Thanks for the tips. This coin really is for geeks (funny thing is - I AM one !). Now I can see why nobody's buying it - it's not even out of alpha yet.

ok, I've downloaded the blockchain but can't find any info as to where I should locate it. If I put it in the same folder as the daemon, then the log entry says 'Unable to load blockchain, creaating genesis block'. On the other hand, if I look in users/AppData/Roaming etc, there's no sign of a Monero folder created by the daemon.

If I downloaded the Windows binaries, do I still need to install any 3rd party support infrastructure (there was on cited on the Wallet download page but I forgot the name right now).

Thanks again for the tips !

EDIT: FOund where the blockchain goes - it's in a folder called 'bitmonero' in roaming, not monero.

Bitcoin itself was once a geeky skeletal framework. In fact in either case, it's not the coin itself that is geeky but rather the underlying technology. The task at hand is to bring the technology to the masses which is an evolutionary process.

I am the masses.  I'm interested i'm Monero due to the involvement of people I respect.  I have no computer skills.  My new computer is windows 8.1 with a pentium chip Embarrassed so I wont be mining.  I started using btc over a year ago.  I have never downloaded the blockchain as I have only used the electrum wallet.  I have considered purchasing XMR but the process of downloading, setting up, and transferring is daunting.  I don't want use an exchange for storage.  I see that an attempt is being made to make a deterministic wallet.  Will this mean no downloading of the blockchain like electrum?  

Any advice on how to get started with Monero would be appreciated.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Noticed my computer was running slow, internet crawling, etc... Looked at Resource monitor and bitmonerod was taking more bandwidth than anything, also upon closing it, the TCP connections dropped by 300 to 200, it was over 500 connections total. How does one limit the connections. As that was after having left it open for a couple days, can't see leaving it running like that.
Activity: 302
Imagine a world without hate and oppression
I have problem,
I sent withdrawal from Bittrex to Poloniex. it was my first XMR transaction. I sent coin to ADDR address,NOT payment ID, and credit didn't add to my balance.
I lost my coins or..?
Jump to: