Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1844. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
ec2 miners are launching hundreds of instances because it is extremely profitable with this price spike.
I don't think this is true. I don't think EC2-Mining is profitable with current price of $1.73.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
The BBR GUI wallet is got new progress, how about the XMO..

what is XMO? wrong thread
Activity: 308
The BBR GUI wallet is got new progress, how about the XMO..
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

I downloaded the blockchain, putted it in the bitmonero folder, launched bitmonerod, still cant connect and look at my balance "daemon is too busy"

okay so after you have put bitmonero blockchain in %appdata%/bitmonero and have launched simple wallet and bitmonerod, type set_log 1 in the bitmonerod window. I imagine this will show you blocks still coming in, once that stops you should have a green message that says SYNCHRONIZED OK. That means the blockchain has finished downloading and then you can type refresh in the wallet.

daemon is busy means its still downloading the blockchain.

Ty for the fast answer Smiley
I did what u said, after "set_log 1" in bitmonerod window, got errors msg, "failed to handshake..."

It seems to try to connect to some nodes to update blockchain without success

Do you have the latest version?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
BBR has a nice small tweak which is removal of dust from block reward. It would be great if XMR adopt such thing, this would help to reduce the problem of transaction size limit for small miners.

That's not what causes the transaction size issue for small miners.

If you are a large solo miner you end up with a lot of that dust but you probably know how to deal with it by now.
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
BBR has a nice small tweak which is removal of dust from block reward. It would be great if XMR adopt such thing, this would help to reduce the problem of transaction size limit for small miners.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10

I downloaded the blockchain, putted it in the bitmonero folder, launched bitmonerod, still cant connect and look at my balance "daemon is too busy"

okay so after you have put bitmonero blockchain in %appdata%/bitmonero and have launched simple wallet and bitmonerod, type set_log 1 in the bitmonerod window. I imagine this will show you blocks still coming in, once that stops you should have a green message that says SYNCHRONIZED OK. That means the blockchain has finished downloading and then you can type refresh in the wallet.

Ty for the fast answer Smiley
I did what u said, after "set_log 1" in bitmonerod window, got errors msg, "failed to handshake..."

It seems to try to connect to some nodes to update blockchain without success
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

hi Everyone, sorry if this question has even been asked,

I'm mining since 2 days, and when i looked on monero explorer my wallet address, it cant been found.
I mined with the simple monero miner, which i believe generate a wallet and mine instantly.
I mined 0.20, so i guess its peraphs not enough to be paid, am i wrong ?

Thx !

Hi, can you see the coins in your own wallet or are you looking at the payout listed on the pool website.

I'm trying to connect bitmonerod, waiting to sync to see, it seems  to take hours..

ty

Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Hi, monero developers (if you do periodically read this thread)!

I have seen monero sources - their code style seems to be more clear than even bitcoin one Smiley

One question intrigues me: What elliptic curve criptography implementation do you use? Have you gotten it from another source?
Or did you completely write it from scratch?

-------

P.s. 'Contact' division in the official site http://monero.cc does not work - I can not send a message (replies "405 Not Allowed").

P.p.s. Do you need free class 'A' certificates from globalsign as an open source project?

https://www.globalsign.com/ssl/ssl-open-source/
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

I am the masses.  I'm interested i'm Monero due to the involvement of people I respect.  I have no computer skills.  My new computer is windows 8.1 with a pentium chip Embarrassed so I wont be mining.

You NEED to start mining.  Don:t use a pool. Just be patient.
hi Everyone, sorry if this question has even been asked,

I'm mining since 2 days, and when i looked on monero explorer my wallet address, it cant been found.
I mined with the simple monero miner, which i believe generate a wallet and mine instantly.
I mined 0.20, so i guess its peraphs not enough to be paid, am i wrong ?

Thx !

Hi, can you see the coins in your own wallet or are you looking at the payout listed on the pool website.

I'm trying to connect bitmonerod, waiting to sync to see, it seems  to take hours..

ty
legendary
Activity: 1106
Bittrex uses Microsoft Azure. Stay way from Microsoft, the most incompetent cloud service provider
Activity: 146
speed on a site http://moneropool.com/ is shown, but payments on a wallet aren't present some hours.

It's funny, the pool I mine at isn't paying. moneropool.com
The exchange I use, is down now. bittrex
and the only payment I've sent, isn't showing in the block chain.

LOL. Craziness.
Activity: 356
speed on a site http://moneropool.com/ is shown, but payments on a wallet aren't present some hours.
So, just tried to send my first test deposit to bittrex.com sent like

transfer 0 addresstheygaveme 1 keytheygaveme

The simplewallet gave some kind of message that it worked and deducted an amount from my wallet.

The wallet says sent, it's been over an hour and no deposit, I also put both the address and privatekey in http://monerochain.info/search and nothing shows up.

How to fix this error.

Hi, that site will not show you an address in the same way blockchain.info does. That explorer takes block height, transaction hash etc. If you copy and paste the payment ID that they gave you , you should be able to see the transaction.

I did, I misspoke and called it privatekey. Nothing shows up.

Okay well then contact the exchange you sent it to and take it from there. It wont have disappeared.

The simplewallet gave some kind of message that it worked and deducted an amount from my wallet.

The wallet says sent, it's been over an hour and no deposit, I also put both the address and privatekey in http://monerochain.info/search and nothing shows up.

How to fix this error.

Hi, that site will not show you an address in the same way blockchain.info does. That explorer takes block height, transaction hash etc. If you copy and paste the payment ID that they gave you , you should be able to see the transaction.

I did, I misspoke and called it privatekey. Nothing shows up.

How to fix this error.

How to fix this error.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Just me or http://moneropool.org/ having issues accepting shares?
They fixed the orphan issue though.
It should be better now. I had to restart the server and change some things.

Edit: I'm upgrading the server.

how long will your upgrade last ? as the situation is not improving.
It should be ready within 20 minutes. Edit: up again
Jump to: