Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1848. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Seems to be 0.8.8

Code:
2014-Jun-11 00:58:33.849009 Starting...
2014-Jun-11 00:58:33.849479 bitmonero v0.8.8.2.1()

I am just rebuilding the blockchain.

I have a strange issue with monero. May someone could explain me what did I or what could go wrong.

I checked the two tx at monerochain and arent there. Have you updated monero to at least version 0.8.8 ?

Now when i had the same problem what i did was to delete the blockchain and redownloaded it. Then i used an old backup of wallet. After it synced the coins where still in my wallet and were sent successfully.

But maybe wait for more replies...  
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
I must say I'm really impressed by the activity in terms of developments!  Smiley

Kudos to all those who spend time improving and creating tools to support monero.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi!

I launched a new forum for Monero based on the modern software Discourse.
Check it out and register your username today! Smiley

https://monerotalk.org/

Also: there is a bounty of XMR 40 for the best tutorial post on how to install and setup Monero on a Windows desktop.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I have a strange issue with monero. May someone could explain me what did I or what could go wrong.

I checked the two tx at monerochain and arent there. Have you updated monero to at least version 0.8.8 ?

Now when i had the same problem what i did was to delete the blockchain and redownloaded it. Then i used an old backup of wallet. After it synced the coins where still in my wallet and were sent successfully.

But maybe wait for more replies... 
Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Yesterday I was going to send some monero to Poloniex. Generated the address and transaction id.

First time I try to send transaction:
Code:
[wallet 48KCoY]: transfer 0 47sghzufGhJJDQEbScMCwVBimTuq6L5JiRixD8VeGbpjCTA12noXmi4ZyBZLc99e66NtnKff34fHsGRoyZk3ES1s1V4QVcB 3 7a285256eb3d9a7d63dae1144b0431212bb4d45465668aa989929f959e864ee6

and get this:
Code:
Error: transaction is too big. Transaction size: 91928 bytes, transaction size limit: 39400 bytes

3 monero isn't a big amount but after some research I decided to split the transaction.

Code:
[wallet 48KCoY]: transfer 0 47sghzufGhJJDQEbScMCwVBimTuq6L5JiRixD8VeGbpjCTA12noXmi4ZyBZLc99e66NtnKff34fHsGRoyZk3ES1s1V4QVcB 1 7a285256eb3d9a7d63dae1144b0431212bb4d45465668aa989929f959e864ee6
Money successfully sent, transaction <45ad70687013a937c7d15910efe158c8071eb24ccabd73536eda55f0d21ce558>
[wallet 48KCoY]: transfer 0 47sghzufGhJJDQEbScMCwVBimTuq6L5JiRixD8VeGbpjCTA12noXmi4ZyBZLc99e66NtnKff34fHsGRoyZk3ES1s1V4QVcB 1 7a285256eb3d9a7d63dae1144b0431212bb4d45465668aa989929f959e864ee6
Money successfully sent, transaction

Moneros left my wallet. Everything seems to be all right. With the exception of two fings:
1. They never reach the place (0 balance at the exchange after long hours)
2. No transactions in the block explorer.

Where did they go? Are lost?

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
XMR is the future.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Master has been updated

- New seed nodes added.
- Electrum-style deterministic wallets have been added to help in the recovery of your wallet should you ever need to. It is enabled by default.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

1.  The 24 word list is written to simplewallet.log  Perhaps this is intentional, but I wonder if it might be good to warn the user?

2.  I assume wallet files made BEFORE this update are not (cannot) part of the deterministic set?

3.  Are there docs on how to do a recovery?  Or is that not implemented yet?

(thx)

1. thx for reporting that bug, will be fixed - its not supposed to log it there.
2. no not really, its easiest to move the coins to a new wallet if u need/want deterministic wallet support
3. recovery is easy: "simplewallet --restore-deterministic-wallet" , then it will prompt you for the wordlist and filename etc. and its done Smiley

PS: brave and adventurous moneros might want to try neo's qt wallet beta: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7240186
legendary
Still wild and free
I cannot speak to Pizza, but I bought this painting

Nice, congrats!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Master has been updated

- New seed nodes added.
- Electrum-style deterministic wallets have been added to help in the recovery of your wallet should you ever need to. It is enabled by default.

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero

1.  The 24 word list is written to simplewallet.log  Perhaps this is intentional, but I wonder if it might be good to warn the user?

2.  I assume wallet files made BEFORE this update are not (cannot) part of the deterministic set?

3.  Are there docs on how to do a recovery?  Or is that not implemented yet?

(thx)
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Seriously, has there been a pizza sold for monero already? 

I cannot speak to Pizza, but I bought this painting:

by Marianne Huntington for 2500 XMR.
legendary
Activity: 1154
EVEN WORSE: they may be preying for your pizza!

Pretty sure that I'd get perma-banned from the forums if I voiced my "appreciation" for you right now!  Angry
Next auction (the one for tacos?), I'm buying you one, free, I'll be asking 0 moneros for it. You shall eat it! Oh yes you will!

Ah rats! I'll never get over this, damn it!  Cheesy
~ Myagui
legendary
Still wild and free
[...] a lot of people are preying for your bitcoins. [...]

What's worse, they might be preying for your monerosGrin
~ Myagui

Seriously, has there been a pizza sold for monero already? 
legendary
Whimsical Pants

~ Myagui

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
The only site you should trust is www.monero.cc and the only guys you should trust are the one from the core team (tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle). This is where the official binaries and gui and everythign else will come from. This is the guys that will deliver them.

Simpler: Start with the top post on this thread. If it isn't linked from there, it isn't official.

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

~ Myagui

legendary
Whimsical Pants
Hmmm.. Who is bitmonero.org?  Only way I know they might not be legit is from you.
The only legit site is monero.cc. And this is a core member who's saying it :-)

I get that, and I am glad you are saying it.  Edit the links out of your quote from my post and I will do the same with the original.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Hmmm.. Who is bitmonero.org?  Only way I know they might not be legit is from you.
The only legit site is monero.cc. And this is a core member who's saying it :-)
legendary
Activity: 1154

~ Myagui
legendary
Whimsical Pants
Ok, I can't seem to get this damn thing to sync up.

The only site you should trust is www.monero.cc and the only guys you should trust are the one from the core team (tacotime, eizh, smooth, fluffypony, othe, davidlatapie, NoodleDoodle). This is where the official binaries and gui and everythign else will come from. This is the guys that will deliver them.

Other that are involved in peripheral and related projects: zone117x, Neozaru, LucasJones, Wolf`, Quanttek

source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7098497

Be careful when you use software from unknown members, a lot of people are preying for your bitcoins.

Hmmm.. Who is bitmonero.org?  Only way I know they might not be legit is from you.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I see, do you think a final reward of 1 XMR might be just? I posted the suggestion in the Monero economy thread.
We are still discussing it. Nothing will be decided on this without a MIP and a lot of discussion with the community.
Jump to: