Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1868. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
why do idiots just dump the price....
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Real estate is way overpriced these days. Doesn't mean Monero is not underpriced. Just saying Smiley

I wasn't looking for a bargain.. but it does have 13 buildings (8 with roof on) with total floor area of 5000 sqm with 13 ha park and 39 ha other land. I heard that even one of the core devs is paying a visit during the first conference there in 27-29 June.  Smiley
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Real estate is way overpriced these days. Doesn't mean Monero is not underpriced. Just saying Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
About 1.36M. Considering that it's more than there exists, it is safe to say that XMR is cheap  Grin
Could not have said better Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
How much XMR does this cost right now? Tongue

About 1.36M. Considering that it's more than there exists, it is safe to say that XMR is cheap  Grin

EDIT: Ah, did not take into account the most recent drop. Anyway, just added BTC10 to the buy side today, some of it maybe fulfilled already.
Activity: 798
Which lucky SOB just got to buy at 0.001 on Bitrexx?!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I fully support this kind of thinking. Instead of planning the coin to live 2 weeks for a premine&pump or 2 months for a quickmine&pump, the plan to have a steady and slow emission (the slowness absurdly enough translates to "high inflation" when all the competition is instamined and has therefore a "low inflation" at the time when the coin is actually buyable by the users & investors) over 2 years is preferable to me, with the time well spent in developing functional and secure resources how to use it, and distribute it to the hands of BTC powerhouses.

I am not interested in jumping in to anything that does not have a realistic long-term chance of success. Monero has it, so it does not matter a squat what the price is during the following 6 months (except that if it goes down, I will buy more). When I started with BTC, the first thing it did after I bought at $3 was a drop to $2. No problem, I first sold at $200+ Smiley

...and now he is buying these kind of things :

How much XMR does this cost right now? Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
I fully support this kind of thinking. Instead of planning the coin to live 2 weeks for a premine&pump or 2 months for a quickmine&pump, the plan to have a steady and slow emission (the slowness absurdly enough translates to "high inflation" when all the competition is instamined and has therefore a "low inflation" at the time when the coin is actually buyable by the users & investors) over 2 years is preferable to me, with the time well spent in developing functional and secure resources how to use it, and distribute it to the hands of BTC powerhouses.

I am not interested in jumping in to anything that does not have a realistic long-term chance of success. Monero has it, so it does not matter a squat what the price is during the following 6 months (except that if it goes down, I will buy more). When I started with BTC, the first thing it did after I bought at $3 was a drop to $2. No problem, I first sold at $200+ Smiley

...and now he is buying these kind of things :

Monero Core Team
Hi, I am considering about buying XMR. Can somebody explain in a few sentences the main advantages and disadvantages ?

Thank you.
  • Anonymity that actually works, right here, right now
    1. no need to trust the mixing entity not to keep logs
    2. no need to wait around for others to participate in the mixing
    3. mix arbitrary amounts
    4. mix with as many as you want, instead of the number of other people available
  • Could not easily (or at all) be done with Bitcoin or any fork
  • Dedicated and proficient team (but I am obviously biased here Smiley)
  • Fair: no premine, instamine, fastmine, hidden launch..., whatnot (devtome agrees)
  • Recognition by major bitcoin actors like Risto Pietila and Gregory Maxwell
A word of advice, though:
If you are not able to do your own research, you are not ready to invest.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hi, I am considering about buying XMR. Can somebody explain in a few sentences the main advantages and disadvantages ?

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 910
what about bittrex? removed?
just got my btc there to buy!
did i waste my time..?

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMR

is this not working?

direct link did work, but the hidden xmr icon is kind a disabled there?
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
did i waste my time..?

Here you go: https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMR

It's better to buy on Poloniex, volume is much higher there.
legendary
getmonero.org
did i waste my time..?

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XMR

is this not working?
legendary
Activity: 910
did i waste my time..?

smart move guys!
xmr was hidden under banner at this page!
no way to find it if you dont know its there!!
legendary
getmonero.org
I don't mind this low price at all. i just hope it stays low for a while, while I sell my other cryptos to stock up.
I don't sell them at 650000 and watch them drop to 200000 ..You don't mind..but. I do mind

If you thought that they were worth having at 650000, why don't you buy more as at 200000 they are a bargain?

Maybe you are right..Buy I have no more BTC... Cry

See thats the problem. You are going all in at the time of hype? What do you expect? How can you put everything in exackly at the hype peak? Just because people on poloniex were saying "omg moon" and "buy buy buy" ?

0.0065 was too high for the time being. Monero is solid coin, with solid tech and with many devs. Monero will rise. It needs more markets and actual stuff to buy with it! You havent lose anything except if you sell now. Believe me if you sell now you are going to make me happy Smiley But you can always go and gamble in whatever pump and dump coin you like or just wait...
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I don't mind this low price at all. i just hope it stays low for a while, while I sell my other cryptos to stock up.
I don't sell them at 650000 and watch them drop to 200000 ..You don't mind..but. I do mind

If you thought that they were worth having at 650000, why don't you buy more as at 200000 they are a bargain?

Maybe you are right..Buy I have no more BTC... Cry
Monero Core Team
Are there any instructions for getting monero working on Debian Wheezy?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6945897

Please mention any oversight
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Are there any instructions for getting monero working on Debian Wheezy?
Activity: 798
why change the coin name?

You mean from Bitmonero or the ticket to XMR?
Monero Core Team
Jump to: