Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1865. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Do NOT use minergate, they will scam your coins. You won't be able to withdraw your coins and their support will reply to you!

What are you talking about? Does this have any credence at all? Just fudding?

Can someone else confirm or deny this statement?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Would like to buy some Monero, where can I buy some? Smiley Thanks

first you need some bitcoin, you can buy here: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_xmr

thanks. But I prefer to buy from the thread. Anybody sells 1 BTC worth Monero?

go to freenode #monero-otc

got a link? someone else sells like 400 Monero?
http://webchat.freenode.net/?nick=twistelaar&channels=monero-otc
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Do NOT use minergate, they will scam your coins. You won't be able to withdraw your coins and their support will reply to you!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
I have not ever mined any coin before because I just have a regular computer with an i5 and no graphics card.  I have heard that there were lots of other CPU coins but not one ever interested me. 

I have been digging through this thread and tried my hand at downloading and installing programs, but really am not sure what to do. 

Is there anyway or anywhere I can get a very detailed set of step by step instructions how to run a cpu miner in windows 32? 
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
This is IRC (internet chatting protocol), so you need an IRC client, like Hexchat (http://hexchat.github.io/)
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
hey guys you know the website could be way better with just 1 days work... do you want me to make you something real quick?  

for example your contact form gets a 405 error, the price link pages looks pretty confusing, etc.

just let me know i can suck out the content and slap it into something nicer looking in a few hours that should hold you over.

i've done some of the websites for mastercoin which get pretty good conversions (50%+) on wallet downloads

pm me since i dont read this thread all the way through

Chat about it on the IRC Wink
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
hey guys you know the website could be way better with just 1 days work... do you want me to make you something real quick?  

for example your contact form gets a 405 error, the price link pages looks pretty confusing, etc.

just let me know i can suck out the content and slap it into something nicer looking in a few hours that should hold you over.

i've done some of the websites for mastercoin which get pretty good conversions (50%+) on wallet downloads

pm me since i dont read this thread all the way through
legendary
Activity: 1588
how can i copy/paste adress to simplewallet?
i dont want to write it by hand!

(win7)
Copy and in the cmd you can right click with the mouse, that should paste it.

First you have to open "Properties" of your command window...
And check "QuckEdit Mode"... this is unchecked by default.

Only then ... will paste what's in your clipboard.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
WTB 0.5 BTC MONERO.

Somebody?

Or does somebody have the trade thread link for me?  thanks

The trade thread is closed, but #monero-otc channel is still active on freenode I think.
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

(win7)
there is a text file in the same folder with your wallet file, namely .address.txt which does contain your public address.

WTB 0.5 BTC MONERO.

Somebody?

How about buying XMR on Poloniex ?
legendary
Activity: 1148
WTB 0.5 BTC MONERO.

Somebody?

Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^1) Right click on the blue title bar -> edit -> paste, or 2) right click on the title bar -> properties -> quick edit and now each right click in the window will paste what's in the clipboard.
legendary
Activity: 910

(win7)

doing so.. but not working this time
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
When I first started my wallet, I didn't encrypt it. How can I encrypt it now? I'm using simple wallet.

Another question: How does the Monero wallet decide what other signatures to use to sign a transaction when I say to use n signatures? Does it select them randomly from the blockchain?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's encrypted - always. There's no ability to create an unencrypted wallet.
Yea but I can spend from my wallet without typing a password. So it must not be encrypted.

My guess is that your password is empty.  That doesn't make it plaintext, it just makes it trivial to guess the password.

Just looking at the code... I think it is possible that there is no PW set.

if(!command_line::has_arg(vm, arg_password) )
    {
      LOG_ERROR("Wallet password not set.");
      return 1;
    }

Not the best code to prove it but it's 2am and I need to sleep. Smiley Best to use additional encryption anyway - or generate a new wallet w/ a password and send to there. The wallet software is still evolving though as the PW doesn't seem changeable.

Can you give examples of additional encryption? I'm kinda new to cryptography.

If you want to encrypt your keys file for storing it somewhere else safely or print it you can do this on Linux:

Code:
# Encrypt:
$ openssl aes-256-cbc -base64 -in file -out file.aes-256-cbc.enc
# Decrypt:
$ openssl aes-256-cbc -base64 -in file.aes-256-cbc.enc -out file -d
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
The GUI wallet is so hard to the XMR team?
I wait for it for my whole life Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

(win7)
legendary
Activity: 910

(win7)
Activity: 543
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1148
Would like to buy some Monero, where can I buy some? Smiley Thanks

first you need some bitcoin, you can buy here: https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_xmr

thanks. But I prefer to buy from the thread. Anybody sells 1 BTC worth Monero?

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
When I first started my wallet, I didn't encrypt it. How can I encrypt it now? I'm using simple wallet.

Another question: How does the Monero wallet decide what other signatures to use to sign a transaction when I say to use n signatures? Does it select them randomly from the blockchain?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's encrypted - always. There's no ability to create an unencrypted wallet.
Yea but I can spend from my wallet without typing a password. So it must not be encrypted.

My guess is that your password is empty.  That doesn't make it plaintext, it just makes it trivial to guess the password.

Just looking at the code... I think it is possible that there is no PW set.

if(!command_line::has_arg(vm, arg_password) )
    {
      LOG_ERROR("Wallet password not set.");
      return 1;
    }

Not the best code to prove it but it's 2am and I need to sleep. Smiley Best to use additional encryption anyway - or generate a new wallet w/ a password and send to there. The wallet software is still evolving though as the PW doesn't seem changeable.

Can you give examples of additional encryption? I'm kinda new to cryptography.
Jump to: