Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1875. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I'm seeing more and more people getting transaction size limit while sending Monero. So what is the problem here ? Transaction size depend mostly on number of inputs and outputs, not amount.

I guess this is because of the amount to be broken down into smaller transactions, i.e. 123.4567 => 100 + 20 + 3 + 0.4 + 0.05 + 0.006 + 0.0007. I think this way will increase number of inputs enormously. If this is corrent, Monero need some serious improvements otherwise it will be struggle on getting more adoption, we can't tell user to send coins in even amount of something like 100 XMR instead of 100.123456789 XMR.

the problem are many small inputs (eg pool payouts)
btw bitcoin has the same problem (just better pools)

So will this problem will be less seen while XMR continue growing ?

yes obviously. It doesnt even need to grow. Pools just need to limit payouts...
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I'm seeing more and more people getting transaction size limit while sending Monero. So what is the problem here ? Transaction size depend mostly on number of inputs and outputs, not amount.

I guess this is because of the amount to be broken down into smaller transactions, i.e. 123.4567 => 100 + 20 + 3 + 0.4 + 0.05 + 0.006 + 0.0007. I think this way will increase number of inputs enormously. If this is corrent, Monero need some serious improvements otherwise it will be struggle on getting more adoption, we can't tell user to send coins in even amount of something like 100 XMR instead of 100.123456789 XMR.

So will this problem will be less seen while XMR continue growing ?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

I guess this is because of the amount to be broken down into smaller transactions, i.e. 123.4567 => 100 + 20 + 3 + 0.4 + 0.05 + 0.006 + 0.0007. I think this way will increase number of inputs enormously. If this is corrent, Monero need some serious improvements otherwise it will be struggle on getting more adoption from users and exchanges. We can't tell user to send coins in even amount of something like 100 XMR instead of 100.123456789 XMR.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

monero.crypto-pool.fr

Our total hashrate increased by 9 times in 24 hours.

The pool is very stable thanks to recent improvement in the code. There is still a big margin for more hashrate.

We never found so much blocks, it is very impressive.

Thanks for your support !

Check my signature for tutorial.

Activity: 434
Hi I have been away for a week & come back to find I solo mined 15 mro, but now I see there was a mandatory upgrade & change to XMR.  Are these coins now worthless or can I still transfer them?   I'm running wallet v0.8.8.1.1 according to the log??

Your coins are fine. Just upgrade your wallet software.

Backup your wallet files before doing anything else of course.

Thanks will give it a go.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
I cannot transfer XMR to bittrex. What's wrong?

Protocol limitations.

Is there any dev, from any BCN-coin trying to fix this? It's quite annoying - and not only that, but people used to Bitcoin consider it a ridiculous limitation.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hi I have been away for a week & come back to find I solo mined 15 mro, but now I see there was a mandatory upgrade & change to XMR.  Are these coins now worthless or can I still transfer them?   I'm running wallet v0.8.8.1.1 according to the log??

Your coins are fine. Just upgrade your wallet software.

Backup your wallet files before doing anything else of course.

legendary
It depends on how many chunks got in to get to that amount.

As far as I've read, each time you got some MRO from the pool, a new address is generated for that. This is for our protection and it's OK.
So I actually had to send from maybe 100 (internal) addresses to get to that 0.15 MRO (only one CPU mining). That's why the size was too big.

If your 3000 MRO went to your wallet in one chunk or two, I'm almost sure you can send it away in one piece. I don't know more exactly, never had that many Smiley

So, if you let say mined 5 XMR, and then send 300 XMR on wallet from some exchange, you will be easily transfer back or anywhere else those 300 XMR, you will just have problems with mined 5 XMR? I thought of making 2 Wallets, but if it is this way is useless to do that.

It is probably a good idea to mine to a separate wallet to keep those problematic tiny payments in one place.

If you receive 300 from an exchange into a empty wallet, you won't then have any problem sending that 300 at one time.

Activity: 434
Hi I have been away for a week & come back to find I solo mined 15 mro, but now I see there was a mandatory upgrade & change to XMR.  Are these coins now worthless or can I still transfer them?   I'm running wallet v0.8.8.1.1 according to the log??
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

As far as I've read, each time you got some MRO from the pool, a new address is generated for that. This is for our protection and it's OK.
So I actually had to send from maybe 100 (internal) addresses to get to that 0.15 MRO (only one CPU mining). That's why the size was too big.

If your 3000 MRO went to your wallet in one chunk or two, I'm almost sure you can send it away in one piece. I don't know more exactly, never had that many Smiley

So, if you let say mined 5 XMR, and then send 300 XMR on wallet from some exchange, you will be easily transfer back or anywhere else those 300 XMR, you will just have problems with mined 5 XMR? I thought of making 2 Wallets, but if it is this way is useless to do that.
legendary
For these small payments we really need the wallet to calculate the best way to send a large payment and calculate the correct fee. If it's going to be a multi block payment then the client needs to handle that itself.

I agree. But first things first: let's have a proper wallet first. Then it can be improved.

Yup.

Also, better handling of unconfirmed transactions. If you try to send a transaction that is too large or has too small of a transaction fee, it maybe not make it into a block right away or ever. There is currently no UI for indicating to the user what is going on.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
For these small payments we really need the wallet to calculate the best way to send a large payment and calculate the correct fee. If it's going to be a multi block payment then the client needs to handle that itself.

I agree. But first things first: let's have a proper wallet first. Then it can be improved.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
legendary
How to send in smaller chucks?

Try to send 1 MRO. If it's not working, try 0.75 ....
ora
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I cannot transfer XMR to bittrex. What's wrong?

http://s2.postimg.org/5oq8c8z89/xmr.png

try to send in smaller chunks. your transaction is too big

How to send in smaller chucks?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Instead of frustrating users could we add an ability to specify a larger fee and the client will send multiple payments automatically. We could even add a function in the client called "consolidate" that will automatically send all these little payments into a bigger one back to yourself making the users wallet ready for more streamlined use later (not having to pay a large fee)
legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Is this an intended feature of cryptonote, that you can only send small chunks at a time? I'm not sure if I get it. Does this mean I couldn't send say, 3000 XMR at one time?

It's an issue of transaction size, with "size" meaning bytes not number of coins. What is happening is you are receiving a lot of little payments (probably from a pool). To spend each of those payments requires some number of bytes in your outgoing transaction, and those are size limited.

The fix for this is for pools to wait for some minimum before paying out, but the pool code is brand new and this has not been implemented.

As you say the workaround is to send several smaller chunks. If you send these chunks to another wallet, that second wallet will be able to make larger payments without running into the size limit.

Any good pools? Im mining with extreme hash right now and don't get blocks for 12 hrs Sad
Jump to: