Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1876. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Is this an intended feature of cryptonote, that you can only send small chunks at a time? I'm not sure if I get it. Does this mean I couldn't send say, 3000 XMR at one time?

It's an issue of transaction size, with "size" meaning bytes not number of coins. What is happening is you are receiving a lot of little payments (probably from a pool). To spend each of those payments requires some number of bytes in your outgoing transaction, and those are size limited.

The fix for this is for pools to wait for some minimum before paying out, but the pool code is brand new and this has not been implemented.

As you say the workaround is to send several smaller chunks. If you send these chunks to another wallet, that second wallet will be able to make larger payments without running into the size limit.

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Is this an intended feature of cryptonote, that you can only send small chunks at a time? I'm not sure if I get it. Does this mean I couldn't send say, 3000 XMR at one time?

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
XMR (or MRO) keeps on dropping Sad

Also when is the new block appearing Sad
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I had this problem too, I was forced to send even 0.15 MRO chunks !!!

Now I mine on a pool that makes the payouts less often. Life got better.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I cannot transfer XMR to bittrex. What's wrong?

try to send in smaller chunks. your transaction is too big
ora
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I cannot transfer XMR to bittrex. What's wrong?

http://s2.postimg.org/5oq8c8z89/xmr.png
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hi, are there any exchanges currently accepting XMR?
Looks like all suddenly stopped dealing with XMR - but why?

They just moved it. Previously was listed under MRO

why, they removed it? is there a particular reason? the client need a fix?

Moved, not Removed:)
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

why, they removed it? is there a particular reason? the client need a fix?
legendary
Why change Ticker symbol?

There is some standard that non-national currencies start with X. Thus bitcoin sometimes uses XBT, although BTC is also popular. I expect MRO to retain some unofficial use for a while.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Why change Ticker symbol?
legendary

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Hi, I created a tap for homebrew (Mac) for easy wallet installation:

https://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

Hope it makes sense.
Activity: 545
Any news on MRO's (XMR's) implementation into Mycelium?
Activity: 994
No, I much prefer to give honest opinions, that way everyone can see who you truly are when you respond.

With your trust level, I totally "believe" everything you have to say.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
In the short run, a self moderated thread might seem a good thing to do, with not as much active posters. In the long term however, it'll backfire on you, as users would complain(even lie), that you deleted their posts, or how the thread is unfair because criticism gets deleted etc etc. In the eye of newbies, it would also seem suspicious(in the long run) to have a self moderated thread run by one of Monero's Core team, they would feel that you have something to hide and that would lead to assumptions, and eventually accusations.

Obviously you have strong opinions on the matter. The best way for you to influence things is to stop posting irrelevant crap on the thread and stop responding when others do so.

No, I much prefer to give honest opinions, that way everyone can see who you truly are when you respond.
legendary
In the short run, a self moderated thread might seem a good thing to do, with not as much active posters. In the long term however, it'll backfire on you, as users would complain(even lie), that you deleted their posts, or how the thread is unfair because criticism gets deleted etc etc. In the eye of newbies, it would also seem suspicious(in the long run) to have a self moderated thread run by one of Monero's Core team, they would feel that you have something to hide and that would lead to assumptions, and eventually accusations.

Obviously you have strong opinions on the matter. The best way for you to influence things is to stop posting irrelevant crap on the thread and stop responding when others do so.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
seems a new kind of coin, is there a faucet yet? pm me

A faucet isn't a bad idea!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Anyone else seeing pretty much a 1:1 parity with investment on hardware / running costs / mining speeds with the GPU miner? Maybe a little edge on CPU, but the gap is so close.

That's incredible.
Yes, everyone has reported hashrates that would make it 1:1. Although the GPU miner might still have more optimizations to come..

I would imagine both platforms have optimizations to come.

Not only the hashrate .. I measured TDP and looked up the purchasing cost too. All pretty close to 1:1

Isn't AMD moving toward APU's? http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/processors/desktop/a-series-apu#

Everyone is moving toward APUs, whether they call it that or not. GPUs are becoming more like CPUs and CPUs are becoming more like GPUs. They are all just computers, and most applications have some elements of parallel and serial workloads. It has been happening for some time and will continue.

It is indeed very impressive that this is the first CPU coin to survive even the first GPU implementation with CPU mining intact.

+10000!

I seem to recall a good two week period where the sph crew was killing a cpu coin a day...
Jump to: