Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1962. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
I just get up to 1 H/s with quadro-core (a 2.5GHz). Is this normal? How MRO can I expect per day?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
as a bagholder of dark I think it is a mistake not to implement ring signature - anyway better for monero
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Who knows when mintpal will add monero?

after gui wallet release i think

How it depends? It's not easy to add it to mintpal like every other bitcoin based shitcoin, requires some work to be done. If they want this volume, they will add it without GUI wallet. Mintpal can also don't add it if they are happy with their high-volume scamcoins and won't do a bit of additional work for one new coin.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250

after gui wallet release i think
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Activity: 265
Merit: 119
New pool: extremehash.com, based in the US

The pool found a block overnight, any idea when it  is going to be paid out?

You do realize they wait 60 confirms, right?

Right, it was found few hours ago, so there have been more than 60 confirmations for sure. The maturity block counter on the pool page upon page refresh displays negative numbers that are decreasing, so I am pretty sure that the block is already confirmed. In addition, the time the block was found is reported as 1 AM, which regardless of the US timezone is far enough in the past.
Activity: 265
Merit: 119
New pool: extremehash.com, based in the US

The pool found a block overnight, any idea when it  is going to be paid out?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
when using cryptonote miner how does one access the wallet address which the miner auto creates??

no one has a clue?

I am sure you have to use simplewallet --wallet-file arg. Don't forget to backup wallet.bin.keys (or how you named the wallet file).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
when using cryptonote miner how does one access the wallet address which the miner auto creates??

no one has a clue?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
fx-8320 performance are better than i7 so it has a better hashing.
Why such a difference ? IDK
ehh no
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/373/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8320_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-4770.html

You are playing with words. There are many CPU i7.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors

Most of them have lower perf than fx-8320 unless you take those you have better perf.

Fair enough. I have the i7-4770K
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
ehh no
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/373/AMD_FX-Series_FX-8320_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-4770.html

You are playing with words. There are many CPU i7.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i7_microprocessors

Most of them have lower perf than fx-8320 unless you take those you have better perf.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Is there a way to download boost 1.55 for Linux , or are there binaries for boost 1.53 (which is available for download from the site) ?!

Thank you for explaining why DRK is important or not important.  Roll Eyes

http://www.boost.org/users/download/

What distro? On ubuntu/debian you can install packages. It's not necessary to install 1.55, 1.53 also will be fine.
On the site, there are prebuild binaries of Boost. version 1.53
There are prebuild binaries of simpleminer. Which explicitly require Boost 1.55
Finally got my fx-8320 and am getting around 200H/s. Way better than the 40 I was getting with my phenom x4 840. Hopefully it helps me pay off the new processor now haha!

Please educate me.  What is the power consumption of this 200H/s rig?

Thanks.

The fx-8320 is a 125w 4 physical, 8 logical processor. I was getting 205H/s solo mining. I was only getting 40H/s on a phenom x4 95w.

I don't understand how you are getting so high values. I have a top of the line i7 and I'm only getting 36H/s. Maybe AMD works better on this coin for some reason?

What's your miner?

Mining with the source code in Linux
Activity: 389
Merit: 250
Finally got my fx-8320 and am getting around 200H/s. Way better than the 40 I was getting with my phenom x4 840. Hopefully it helps me pay off the new processor now haha!

Thanks.

The fx-8320 is a 125w 4 physical, 8 logical processor. I was getting 205H/s solo mining. I was only getting 40H/s on a phenom x4 95w.

I don't understand how you are getting so high values. I have a top of the line i7 and I'm only getting 36H/s. Maybe AMD works better on this coin for some reason?

What's your miner?
Thanks.

ehh no
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Thanks.

Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Lets hear it again:

Thus on balance I prefer CN, but I like to see it altered to use a quantum computer resistant algorithm. And then we need to add IP address obfuscation as well that is superior to Tor and I2P.

CN must take the steps necessary to upgrade itself and so must DRK. Having no serious anonymity without IP obfuscation or being able to be broken through a Quantum Computer is not funny. Scaleability issues must also be solved, both in blockchain size and cpu power required to verify stuff.

The question is: Can MRO do these things?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
MRO is blatantly undervalued right now.

Look how un-innovative some of these coins are that have higher market caps:

http://coinmarketcap.com/#BTC

Monero is much more innovative than megacoin, zetacoin, feathercoin, quark, vertcoin, and blackcoin.

I agree its undervalued, one of the best things I believe with MRO is that its taken of fairly soon after release. That means a lot of peopel know about it before a large proportion of coins are mined, this gives more people a change to get some.

With the easy miner its even simpler to start mining.
Jump to: