Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1960. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Inflation is a bitch. Might wait until price is lower. Longer you wait, price may drop.
What's the average amount of coins being made per day? Like 25k?

yep its about that, at these prices if 70% of coins are sold daily it needs 70 btc a day to keep a price of 0.004.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Looks like miners, or somebody, is voting on the 2-minute block vs 1-minute block.

QCN now higher than MRO on polo.

A slightly higher price on the back of 18.5 BTC in volume vs. MRO's 273 BTC volume? Not a relevant comparison.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Looks like miners, or somebody, is voting on the 2-minute block vs 1-minute block.

24-hour Volume: 17.97394377 BTC

QCN worth 0.004? haha  Cheesy

Yesterday it was 0.0001
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Fluffypony are you one of the devs for MRO?

On another note where is that nice chart of hashing power that was around earlier in the thread? Anyone got a link?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

Activity: 11
Inflation is a bitch. Might wait until price is lower. Longer you wait, price may drop.
What's the average amount of coins being made per day? Like 25k?
Activity: 294
can we please shut the fuck up about fighting between monero and darkcoin. are you guys fucking 8 year olds. who gives a fuck. stay in your own threads, insert tampons and get over it. they are both good coins, leave it at that. your just irrelevantly spamming another coins thread because your afraid your darkcoin investment is going to the ground.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
What is the difference between Bytecoin and Monero in terms of technology?

Nothing.

Monero is a fork/clone of Bytecoin.

darkato: on a serious note. how does darkcoin/evan address the anonymity issue regarding the permutation affixers that are brought about multi-mining where the master nodes are inversely proportional to the income generated by solo miners. This seems to create a huge problem for a sector issue that is over fluxed by the dark send protocol

in my opinion this can all be aovided by using a dark sent protocol. In this way not only do you not know who the reciever is, but your money is sent with out you knowing about it. hence anonymity is increased 10,100 percent. I can not believe evan has not even addressed this issue. this is for a fact quatum resistent. according the the Guatemalan journal of Technology ( a very respected journal in quantum computation using alien techonology from mayans).
legendary
Activity: 1610
Crackpot Idealist
Something weird is happening, whenever I mine for a certain amount of time, all shares are getting refused. Anybody having this issue? I don't know if time is the factor or something else happening on the computer but it is very weird.

Something weird is happening, whenever I mine for a certain amount of time, all shares are getting refused. Anybody having this issue? I don't know if time is the factor or something else happening on the computer but it is very weird.

Are you using cpuminer-multi?  (minerd)

I have the same problem - whether I use the --no-longpoll flag or not, it still switches to "booooo" after some number of hashes, and then stays there.  It looks like a bug in the pool code, as the difficulty appears to drop back to the pool's openign value at the same time.

i.e. pool might start me off at difficulty 500.. it will then go up to a higher level incrementally with lots of "yay", and then suddenly minerd shows difficulty back at 500 and forevermore get boooo.

I'm back to using simpleminer again and just running multiple instances of it - one for each cpu thread.

Same here as well. Now the really weird part is this is only happening on my Linux Mint box at home... all my ubuntu vps's hash just fine with the same miner and settings for days on end with less that 5% rejects for 50 vps's. The only thing I can peg as a culprit is my home box has a FX8350 and mayhaps this is indeed a bug in the difficulty adjustment (cause it seems it takes a shit right at the first adjustment).
donator

Nothing.

Hey darkota - are you not going to take me up on that bet offer? My 5 BTC, your 5 BTC, other people will throw down, and in a year you could win back enough that you WILL be a Bitcoin millionaire and not need to beg for donations on your one-post Wordpress blog. Come, let's make it happen.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Nothing.

Activity: 309
confused developer
Darkota... you have proven your point. but I know for a fact that all this will be obsolete in 2044.  Because then we will have a technology called master dark night crypto
 node rings. This will blow everything away and Evan will have died of an heart attack while trying to implement and and so we are all wasting our time. My suggestion for  Darkota is to wait for this technology and mine it on day one. You will be filthy rich. It will be mine able on anything that can perform any sort of computation. An ordinary abacus will get 233.65 kh/s. I have seen this. It's amazing

I am the developer of this new technology and an expert.

We've had a discussion internally and we're happy to confirm that Monero will be implementing Master Dark Night Crypto Node Rings starting from version 17.3.1 planned for release on February 31st, 2044. emontmon has been confirmed as Lead Chief Major General Compu-Techno-Scientist of the Monero Group Holdings Team Partnership LLC.

May our Dear Eternal Supreme Leader Live for 10000 years
donator

Here is my exhaustive write-up on the subject: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6850085
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
small fry
Hey, would anyone mind connecting some miners to http://minemonero.com?

Thanks guys!!

You can also reach it at http://moneromine.com

anybody willing to help test out the pool?
legendary
Activity: 868
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
It doesn't matter the algorithim  lmao...So implementing Ring Signatures on Darksend would grant the same exact anonymity that it does to Bytecoin forks...Your arguement is invalid.

Bytecoin has issues regarding scaling. Evan has thought of a workaround to attain ring-sig level anonymity without the drawbacks of ring-sigs. If it works = epic win. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime Bytecoin must improve its own implementation because as it currently stands, it has issues in scaling and security (it's crackable by quantum computers). Whether this can be fixed in the current implementation or a scratching-off of the current implementation and relaunching as a new coin, will be the real question. If it's the later, all the bytecoin 1.0 + clone coins will be irrelevant. And clones of the bytecoin 2.0 variant will be unsuccessful given the history of what happened to clones of 1.0.

Really? Quantum Computers? That is an argument...if they come out we have far worse problems. Tell me how Darkcoin is quantum computer secured? I may point to this: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Myths#Quantum_computers_would_break_Bitcoin.27s_security

Also tell me how the masternode stuff will not have scaling issues?
donator
Bytecoin has issues regarding scaling. Evan has thought of a workaround to attain ring-sig level anonymity without the drawbacks of ring-sigs. If it works = epic win. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime Bytecoin must improve its own implementation because as it currently stands, it has issues in scaling and security (it's crackable by quantum computers). Whether this can be fixed in the current implementation or a scratching-off of the current implementation and relaunching as a new coin, will be the real question. If it's the later, all the bytecoin 1.0 + clone coins will be irrelevant. And clones of the bytecoin 2.0 variant will be unsuccessful given the history of what happened to clones of 1.0.

I'm happy to report we've successfully cracked Darkcoin's network with our new quantum computers that just arrived from BFL, a mere two weeks after we ordered them.
Activity: 294
monero is going to the fucking moon. all this darkcoin talk needs to stick to its own shitty thread, darkcoins just a shitty scam pump like aura. and the reason they are all spamming this thread is because they are scared shitless that moneros superior technology is going to take over.
donator
Darkota... you have proven your point. but I know for a fact that all this will be obsolete in 2044.  Because then we will have a technology called master dark night crypto
 node rings. This will blow everything away and Evan will have died of an heart attack while trying to implement and and so we are all wasting our time. My suggestion for  Darkota is to wait for this technology and mine it on day one. You will be filthy rich. It will be mine able on anything that can perform any sort of computation. An ordinary abacus will get 233.65 kh/s. I have seen this. It's amazing

I am the developer of this new technology and an expert.

We've had a discussion internally and we're happy to confirm that Monero will be implementing Master Dark Night Crypto Node Rings starting from version 17.3.1 planned for release on February 31st, 2044. emontmon has been confirmed as Lead Chief Major General Compu-Techno-Scientist of the Monero Group Holdings Team Partnership LLC.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
It doesn't matter the algorithim  lmao...So implementing Ring Signatures on Darksend would grant the same exact anonymity that it does to Bytecoin forks...Your arguement is invalid.

Jump to: