Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2025. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
How awesome would it be if you joined forces with Myriad?

Not possible, unfortunately. Remember, the Monero code shares little similarity with anything forked from Bitcoin (Myriadcoin is forked from Zetacoin which is forked from Bitcoin). The RPC APIs are incompatible, the blockchains share no similarity (Monero doesn't even use Berkley DB as a data store), and the way transactions are managed and transferred is equally different.

That having been said, there are definitely features from both coins that the devs can learn from and reimplement, and I think a spirit of cooperation and not competition is important.

Any other dev: look at this! This is how we all move forward.

But I thought so. A person can dream, nonetheless Wink
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Not possible, unfortunately. Remember, the Monero code shares little similarity with anything forked from Bitcoin (Myriadcoin is forked from Zetacoin which is forked from Bitcoin). The RPC APIs are incompatible, the blockchains share no similarity (Monero doesn't even use Berkley DB as a data store), and the way transactions are managed and transferred is equally different.

That having been said, there are definitely features from both coins that the devs can learn from and reimplement, and I think a spirit of cooperation and not competition is important.
So looks like I'm averaging about 20h/s, could be higher with all 8 cores and not working simultaneously.

Should I take a shot at solo mining?
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Small mining guide for people using moneropool.org

Create these 2 batch files in the same map as your simpleminer.exe

start_simpleminer.bat
Code:
:while1
    simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=moneropool.org:5555 --login=YOUR_PUBLIC_ADDRESS_HERE  --pass 123
goto :while1

start_pool_mining.bat
Code:
set /p var="Number of threads: "

set /a "x = 1"
    if %x% leq %var% (
        start start_simpleminer.bat
        set /a "x = x + 1"
    )

To start mining, just double click "start_pool_mining.bat" and type in the number of threads you want to use.
If one of the threads disconnects, it will automatically try to reconnect.

tips welcome at 476vSXvkSEP9EjwiDDUS4Q86absLKEeYVg4piy6bpQLnUXoNwMbx1qQUjUxPg79TxUdyArDL6uukgWu LQkz4WaNFVhvAgVf  Wink

Would any kind soul be able to come up with something similar for Linux? Manually restarting simpleminer every couple of minutes is driving me nuts!

If you recompile from the latest sources it fixes this issue.

Thanks for your reply, but I only compiled it yesterday. It doesn't look like it's been updated since then.
I don't know enough to throw together a script but I'm sure it wouldn't take much - just something to automatically reconnect when the miner stops.
Maybe if someone more knowledgeable's having the same issue they'll rustle something up.  
Good news, I have manually paid out everyone for the first 8 blocks of moneropool.org. Automatic payments should now work as long as no one tries to mine with an invalid address.
I received 15 monero but I was on moneropool.com so I should not have receive any yet and no one was supposed to send me any. Here is the transaction ID if that helps: 7f2f5d57026896df7714b64e669cfb0a333647ed80d85a348154a030dae9111b

Thank you.

That might have been from the Reddit giveaway?
how much time to sync without the blockchain? I cant realize where to put the chain in order for the wallet to use it. srsly.

long time.

are you on windows 7 or 8? If so, it goes here: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Bitmonero\blockchain.bin

thank you very much, it synched alright, but now when I open my wallet.bin it says it couldnt connect to daemon host:8080 w/e ....

any1 help on this?

Hi Policymaker,

Could you copy and paste the exact error you're having? Also if you're wanting to mine using a pool, you can just use this rather than mucking around with the wallet:

https://github.com/zone117x/cryptonote-easy-miner

It generates a wallet address for you and lets you manage mining with a pool all in a windows GUI.

start_simpleminer.bat
Code:
    simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=moneropool.org:5555 --login=YOUR_PUBLIC_ADDRESS_HERE  --pass 123

start_pool_mining.bat
Code:

set /a "x = 1"
    if %x% leq %var% (
        set /a "x = x + 1"
    )

To start mining, just double click "start_pool_mining.bat" and type in the number of threads you want to use.

tips welcome at 476vSXvkSEP9EjwiDDUS4Q86absLKEeYVg4piy6bpQLnUXoNwMbx1qQUjUxPg79TxUdyArDL6uukgWu LQkz4WaNFVhvAgVf  Wink

Would any kind soul be able to come up with something similar for Linux? Manually restarting simpleminer every couple of minutes is driving me nuts!

If you recompile from the latest sources it fixes this issue.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I received 10M. From Reddit giveaway I suppose  Smiley. I am giving back to the community. Just tweet: #Monero internet money, true anonymity (your MRO address)
First 3 will receive 3MRO.
Retweeted Smiley. Although the giveaway is probably over, publicity for monero is always good.

start_simpleminer.bat
Code:

start_pool_mining.bat
Code:

set /a "x = 1"
    if %x% leq %var% (
        set /a "x = x + 1"
    )

tips welcome at 476vSXvkSEP9EjwiDDUS4Q86absLKEeYVg4piy6bpQLnUXoNwMbx1qQUjUxPg79TxUdyArDL6uukgWu LQkz4WaNFVhvAgVf  Wink

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Good news, I have manually paid out everyone for the first 8 blocks of moneropool.org. Automatic payments should now work as long as no one tries to mine with an invalid address.
I received 15 monero but I was on moneropool.com so I should not have receive any yet and no one was supposed to send me any. Here is the transaction ID if that helps: 7f2f5d57026896df7714b64e669cfb0a333647ed80d85a348154a030dae9111b

Thank you.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
The nethash rise to double since last day because someone has a optimized cpu minning tool
And he said he will not share it free
I want know how many guys using the minning tool?
And when did the DevGroup launch the new minning tool?

How do you know this?

The person who discovered the poor optimisation of the code has been fair and open about the discovery. What mining they may have done with two PC, is a drop in the ocean.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Guys, is new efficient miner available? If so, how to build it, mine, etc.? I tried to use cpuminer-multi, but only 1 minute from the start I got a couple of accepts on pool and then nothing forever. What is wrong?
Same here. I'm using simpleminer. There is no optimized miner (the current is more then 3 times faster then the first version we had available), but NoodleDoodle will release an optimized miner if it's working without bugs.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!

(...)

You should give this a try then. I haven't tried it myself.

I'm using the easy-miner from the OP.

that actually worked.. i'm surprised. thx a lot!

guess i'm mining then.. pool now says i have 4.0 hash / sec.

i'll keep going and return when i need help using the actual wallet Wink

thx a lot for the help, much appreciated!
Happy to help Wink
wooohoooo, 5.00 H.

edit: 8.00 and counting.

edit: 9.00!

edit: 10

edit: 13. man i'm blowing this wide open.

edit: 20.73. and that's only 6 of 8 cores.

edit: back down to 10.. pfff..
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Tested and approved.

monero.crypto-pool

How to use :

Linux
./simpleminer --pool-addr=monero.crypto-pool.fr:5555 --login=youraddress --pass x

Windows
Open a command prompt and type :
D:\(the path)\bitmonero.win64\simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=monero.crypto-pool.fr:5555 --login=youraddress --pass x

start_simpleminer.bat
Code:

start_pool_mining.bat
Code:

set /a "x = 1"
    if %x% leq %var% (
        set /a "x = x + 1"
    )

tips welcome at 476vSXvkSEP9EjwiDDUS4Q86absLKEeYVg4piy6bpQLnUXoNwMbx1qQUjUxPg79TxUdyArDL6uukgWu LQkz4WaNFVhvAgVf  Wink

that actually worked.. i'm surprised. thx a lot!

guess i'm mining then.. pool now says i have 4.0 hash / sec.

i'll keep going and return when i need help using the actual wallet Wink

thx a lot for the help, much appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

start_simpleminer.bat
Code:

start_pool_mining.bat
Code:

set /a "x = 1"
    if %x% leq %var% (
        set /a "x = x + 1"
    )

Network hash is  536.61 KH/sec?

Seems to me all the pools from the OP account for a little over 1% of the network, where are these hashes coming from then?  Huh

Cool Cool Cool

So, just checking in to see if I'm doing everything right:

I downloaded everything, ran the simplewallet.exe and copied the wallet address from the wallet.bin.address.txt.

it returned 441NWFtLj3adEAkJBahBmQ3ErAawqFATpj9JDkAXr882LL8S8N4bA6tWGjQDPmNuFrejPCefUy4M4NV pNYq9eiZoPK3qEXk. seems to be a working wallet address?

now i'm running the bitmonerod.exe and at the same time simpleminer.exe with the following .bat:
simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=moneropool.org:5555 --login=441NWFtLj3adEAkJBahBmQ3ErAawqFATpj9JDkAXr882LL8S8N4bA6tWGjQDPmNuFrejPCefUy4M4NVpNYq9eiZoPK3qEXk --pass x

it seems i'm mining, pool dash says i have 2.00 hash/sec, i think that's gonna go up over time. i'm running an e5 xeon 8 core 2.67 ghz.

most of the output says "getting next job.. bla bla.. job didn't change". from time to time a nice green "share submitted successfully" comes by. there were like 3 in 5 minutes.

performance monitor indicates a load around 15%. isn't this a bit low?

anyways, feedback would be welcome if everything's ok on my end. thx Smiley

As of now 1 simple miner instance = 1 core, just open more miner instances.

hey cool, a reply, thx.

so i'm just executed the .bat file another 3 times, i now have 4 simpleminer windows running. are they automatically spread out across the several cores?

i just read somehwere there's a flag for the bat file to tell simpleminer how many cores to use?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
how much time to sync without the blockchain? I cant realize where to put the chain in order for the wallet to use it. srsly.

long time.

are you on windows 7 or 8? If so, it goes here: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Bitmonero\blockchain.bin

thank you very much, it synched alright, but now when I open my wallet.bin it says it couldnt connect to daemon host:8080 w/e ....

any1 help on this?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009
Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse
Network hash is  536.61 KH/sec?

Seems to me all the pools from the OP account for a little over 1% of the network, where are these hashes coming from then?  Huh

Cool Cool Cool

So, just checking in to see if I'm doing everything right:

I downloaded everything, ran the simplewallet.exe and copied the wallet address from the wallet.bin.address.txt.

it returned 441NWFtLj3adEAkJBahBmQ3ErAawqFATpj9JDkAXr882LL8S8N4bA6tWGjQDPmNuFrejPCefUy4M4NV pNYq9eiZoPK3qEXk. seems to be a working wallet address?

now i'm running the bitmonerod.exe and at the same time simpleminer.exe with the following .bat:
simpleminer.exe --pool-addr=moneropool.org:5555 --login=441NWFtLj3adEAkJBahBmQ3ErAawqFATpj9JDkAXr882LL8S8N4bA6tWGjQDPmNuFrejPCefUy4M4NVpNYq9eiZoPK3qEXk --pass x

it seems i'm mining, pool dash says i have 2.00 hash/sec, i think that's gonna go up over time. i'm running an e5 xeon 8 core 2.67 ghz.

most of the output says "getting next job.. bla bla.. job didn't change". from time to time a nice green "share submitted successfully" comes by. there were like 3 in 5 minutes.

performance monitor indicates a load around 15%. isn't this a bit low?

anyways, feedback would be welcome if everything's ok on my end. thx Smiley

As of now 1 simple miner instance = 1 core, just open more miner instances.
Jump to: