Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2029. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
i think its moneropool.com

Oh, they seem to be two separate pools.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
What I'm wondering is what Evan has reserved for V2 of Darkcoin. Ring Signatures have been announced but what I'm wondering is how they integrate into the Masternode concept. It's gonna be interesting to see. I don't think anoncoin is any competition right now, the runners are Darkcoin, Monero and Zerocash whenever it comes out. Let's see!

I know Evan said that but two problems jump out right away when I read that.  

1.  Switching to a non masternode concept would incentivize a significant percentage of those who bought 1000 hoping for passive income to dump their holdings.

2.  I'm not sure it could really even be done as a standard fork while piggy backing on a coin that is based of BTC algorithm. The only way I can see it really working is if he creates a whole new cryptonote coin, names it Dark (2 or something) and then offers an exchange like 1 old dark for 1 new dark to the holders, similar to what CaiShen just did.

I don't really see a problem with him implementing it, but it would definitely put a damper on the price for a while and in that case why not just be in Monero. It's already here, already uses CryptoNote and has more Hero members sniffing its ass than any Alt I've seen in a while.

That's not to write Evan and Dark off completely. I'd like an eduffield CryptoNote coin as the man is clearly extremely innovative, works his ass off and it would be really neat to see what he does with it. I'd love to see some healthy competition in the exciting new sphere of CryptoNote coins.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Pool owners,

Please PM me your URLs so I can start listing them in the OP. Just as heads up, I will temporarily delist any pool that gets too big (>20% of the network).

So far I have:

http://moneropool.org/
http://extremepool.org/
http://monerominers.com/pool

i think its moneropool.com
Pool owners,

Please PM me your URLs so I can start listing them in the OP. Just as a heads up, I will temporarily delist any pool that gets too big (>20% of the network).

So far I have:

http://moneropool.org/
http://extremepool.org/
http://monerominers.com/pool
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
Man, I would join this coin if it wouldn't be already that expensive. At the current rate of .0012BTC and max 18.4m coins it has already a market cap of > $9m Sad

why would you calculate market cap with max supply when this will happen in about 8 years from now?

Market cap is usually pretty meaningless with alts.  Initial coin value is usually set by the quality of the coin.  It seems to me like higher values later are set by pump teams.  Or the occasional rumor of real world adoption etc.
legendary
getmonero.org
Man, I would join this coin if it wouldn't be already that expensive. At the current rate of .0012BTC and max 18.4m coins it has already a market cap of > $9m Sad

why would you calculate market cap with max supply when this will happen in about 8 years from now?
Activity: 532

And remember that CN coins anonymity doesn't rely on master nodes so it is better than darkcoin. i cant see a reason why monero cant also be in the millions once news of it are spread Smiley Though we still need a nice GUI and pools.

Yeah. The main thing that made me a (tentative) believer in CN is that AnonyMint didn't seem to have many objections. He's pretty good at rippingholes in things.  His main contention was that it will be hard to prune the blockchain. As data storage is cheap and getting cheaper I don't find that to be a serious drawback.  

With masternodes I'm pretty sure the intelligence arm can backdoor into all of them and thus DRK is rendered just as transparent as the traditional cryptos.

What I'm wondering is what Evan has reserved for V2 of Darkcoin. Ring Signatures have been announced but what I'm wondering is how they integrate into the Masternode concept. It's gonna be interesting to see. I don't think anoncoin is any competition right now, the runners are Darkcoin, Monero and Zerocash whenever it comes out. Let's see!
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Another mining pool is up at http://monerominers.com/pool or http://46.249.39.82/pool for those with a slow dns Smiley It's a fast server based in Europe, so go right ahead and start mining Smiley

To start mining:
simpleminer --pool-addr=46.249.39.82:5555 --login= --pass

Payouts don't work yet, but will be done manually for now.

Happy mining!
Activity: 450
how much time to sync without the blockchain? I cant realize where to put the chain in order for the wallet to use it. srsly.

long time.

are you on windows 7 or 8? If so, it goes here: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Bitmonero\blockchain.bin

The Market Cap at least on Coinmarketcap.com doesn't factor in eventual supply, only present supply.  If we assume that in 2 months there are a lot of the typical features associated with alts and a supply of ~2 million coins in the market place then even a price of .0015 XBT at that time will be around $1.35 Million at present XBT/USD rates. 

DRK coin currently has a $25 million market cap and at full issuance (~22 million coins) would be worth ~$129 Million.  So I have to say $9 Million full issuance market cap is looking quite cheap.

And remember that CN coins anonymity doesn't rely on master nodes so it is better than darkcoin. i cant see a reason why monero cant also be in the millions once news of it are spread Smiley Though we still need a nice GUI and pools.

Yeah. The main thing that made me a (tentative) believer in CN is that AnonyMint didn't seem to have many objections. He's pretty good at rippingholes in things.  His main contention was that it will be hard to prune the blockchain. As data storage is cheap and getting cheaper I don't find that to be a serious drawback.  

With masternodes I'm pretty sure the intelligence arm can backdoor into all of them and thus DRK is rendered just as transparent as the traditional cryptos.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
how much time to sync without the blockchain? I cant realize where to put the chain in order for the wallet to use it. srsly.
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
NoodleDoodle will release his un-de-optimizations later. Please, wait for him to test the bug fixes extensively on every platform to ensure they don't break the extreme stability of Monero or give linux an advantage over windows.
Activity: 122
Noodle is doing some final tests on Windows and will begin testing on Linux. He expects hashrate should increase across all architectures. I can confirm a 5x increase on an i7 quad-core + Windows 7 64-bit.

Please be patient. These are actual changes to the program, not just a switch that gets flicked on. It needs testing.

good news , thank you eizh, now the hashrate increase twice just this day, hope this new tool chould make the mining more fair
legendary
getmonero.org
Number of MRO in existence so far?

Around 740000. I multiply number of blocks which is almost 43000 with an avergae block payout which i put 17.2.
Thanks! That means the Monero marketcap is around $300,000 as of now

And Dark Coin's is $25 Million, so a lot of potential here.

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
i'm also waitting for a optimized cpu minning tool, it seems that somebody has that version, now it's unfair for vs whice use the old tool~~

Why would you do that when mining with the existing miner is still very profitable? (And I would add does not risk wasting your time mining unspendable coins or other problems, as happened to people using another too-hastily-released mining tool.) Testing is good. Be patient.

I mined with 4x Core i7 3770 for four days straight and didn't find a block. doesn't seem profitable to me. was I just unlucky?

What was your hash rate?  Here's the computation for my i7-4770, which gets roughly 25 hashes/sec (I'm not at it now):

blocks/day = (86400*hashes/sec) / diff

Diff *now* is really high, but yesterday it was around 16,000,000, so:

86400*25/16000000 = 0.135

Which means that it should find a block every 1/0.135 = 7.4 days.  Your 3770s are probably similar, so with 4 of them, you should find a block every 2 days or so.  You could have been unlucky or maybe I over-estimated the hash rate you were getting.

With diff at 35m, you'll get a block every 4 days.  I'd probably move to a pool, because while you should be getting 4-5 MRO per day from your setup, it'll be very bursty.

Huh? I have an i7-4770K, and I get ~35h/s. And I'm only using 6 threads, so I don't lock up the system if I try to compile something.

The K is a bit faster than the 4770 for this one, based on comparing notes with some other people.  I was guessing from memory - it probably gets more like 29.

Around 740000. I multiply number of blocks which is almost 43000 with an avergae block payout which i put 17.2.

And Dark Coin's is $25 Million, so a lot of potential here.
Activity: 406

Activity: 122
i'm also waitting for a optimized cpu minning tool, it seems that somebody has that version, now it's unfair for vs whice use the old tool~~

Why would you do that when mining with the existing miner is still very profitable? (And I would add does not risk wasting your time mining unspendable coins or other problems, as happened to people using another too-hastily-released mining tool.) Testing is good. Be patient.

I mined with 4x Core i7 3770 for four days straight and didn't find a block. doesn't seem profitable to me. was I just unlucky?

so do i , i didn't find any block these days, maybe more than 3 days,
Jump to: