Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2045. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Pool launching soon!

tonight soon? because u cannot mine on 12.04 ubuntu?
Hopefully in 2-6 hours.  Smiley

You can mine on Ubuntu 12.04

I should mention it is an alpha pool.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Pool launching soon!

tonight soon? because u cannot mine on 12.04 ubuntu?
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Pool launching soon!
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
I'm not focusing on that bug, I addressed it because someone else brought it up. If I was going to bitch constantly about one thing, it would be NOT FUCKING COMPILING ON LINUX.  Undecided

Okay I missed that one (it does compiler for me on Ubuntu). Can you be more specific?

Give me just a minute. I'll attempt to compile it yet again and then post the results.

Here you are. I copied the whole thing, not just the relevant bits, in case I would have missed something: http://pastebin.com/Nc5XrpEH

Wow. Just... wow. I did a "make clean", then tried "make build-debug" just for fun... I think the devs failed so hard they won: http://pastebin.com/c9X2H7a9

Try with gcc 4.8.x.  4.9.0 is pretty hot off the presses...
Merit: 500
Okay, one feature we REALLY need in simplewallet is a command history buffer. It doesn't have to be persistent; it can start with an empty buffer every time. Having to retype things kinda sucks. And I automatically press the up arrow and get garbage that I have to erase.
Duly noted, you are not the only one to wish for it!
Use rlwrap

$ rlwrap ./simpleminer --wallet mywallet
Thanks!
http://monero.cc/blog/get-command-history-linux-rlwrap/

You incorrectly credited me on the website (it was smooth). Also, it should be ./simplewallet not ./simpleminer.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Okay, one feature we REALLY need in simplewallet is a command history buffer. It doesn't have to be persistent; it can start with an empty buffer every time. Having to retype things kinda sucks. And I automatically press the up arrow and get garbage that I have to erase.
Duly noted, you are not the only one to wish for it!
Use rlwrap

$ rlwrap ./simpleminer --wallet mywallet
Thanks!
http://monero.cc/blog/get-command-history-linux-rlwrap/
Monero Core Team
Give me just a minute. I'll attempt to compile it yet again and then post the results.
Could you give me the list of command you used, so that I can try to replicate on my machine?

Ideally a long oneliner (with && to separate commands).

Thanks.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Does anyone know how to extract private key out of wallet?

And, if it's at all possible, how to create a wallet having a private key?
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry
nethash and diff rise so quickly
when will the pool being launched
Monero Core Team
And now that deep web services are under attack...
Tell me more, please.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I'm not focusing on that bug, I addressed it because someone else brought it up. If I was going to bitch constantly about one thing, it would be NOT FUCKING COMPILING ON LINUX.  Undecided

Okay I missed that one (it does compiler for me on Ubuntu). Can you be more specific?

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I'm on Arch too, and while it's in the repos, I shouldn't need it to fix a bug in a program, as the devs should be doing that.

Let me explain how this works. The devs' salary is....are you ready for it?......zero dollars and zero cents (or if you prefer zero moneros).

You are just as eligible to submit fixes to github as anyone else.

Throwing mud at the volunteer developers for not prioritizing what you think should be prioritized (and can easily be worked around with a standard utility) won't win you any style points.

I'm not saying the devs don't deserve a pat on the back for their work thus far. But they released alpha software. It's full of bugs. Not like some small oversight, but HUGE bugs.

Noone ever said this isnt alpha software. Hell bitcoin is still in beta after 5 years... Thats how open source software works....you release it and slowly community makes the software better... This is not a bitcoin clone!
legendary
I'm on Arch too, and while it's in the repos, I shouldn't need it to fix a bug in a program, as the devs should be doing that.

Let me explain how this works. The devs' salary is....are you ready for it?......zero dollars and zero cents (or if you prefer zero moneros).

Throwing mud at the volunteer developers for not prioritizing what you think should be prioritized (and can easily be worked around with a standard utility) won't win you any style points.

I'm not saying the devs don't deserve a pat on the back for their work thus far. But they released alpha software. It's full of bugs. Not like some small oversight, but HUGE bugs.

I agree. The merged mining stuff has been a disaster for example (wallet breaking bugs twice).

I don't understand why you are focusing on the one bug that has an easy and essentially complete work around though.

Any rational prioritization puts bugs with a workaround below bugs without one. That has been done here. Every time there has been a serious bug (i.e. merged mining breaking wallets twice, or a poor implementation of checkpointing being exploited), there was a fix pushed out very quickly.

Seriously, the devs are doing the best they can. If you can contribute to doing better, great. If not then appreciate what they do or move on to another coin. Repeatedly sniping at them here over relatively minor issues is getting old.

Activity: 478
Anyone knows how many coins there are? Couldn't find the explorer.

cheers

number of blocks*17.2 . Something around that.

This is the only info I am able to find about current supply. Can anyone confirm this?

That's about right. The reward started at something like 17.5 now its down to about 16.9

Thank you both.
legendary

Monero Core Team
Yah i tried that exact line they had, but it seems like it not working with 12.04 im very confused. driving me crazy!
Use do-upgrade-release thrice to upgrade.
From 12.04 to 12.10
From 12.10 to 13.04
From 13.04 to 13.10
Then try again
legendary

cheers

This is the only info I am able to find about current supply. Can anyone confirm this?

That's about right. The reward started at something like 17.5 now its down to about 16.9
Monero Core Team
there is only Windows 64-bit blockchain in the OP
will it work for 32-bit?
No, it won't. Please someone with a fully-sync'd 32-bits blockchain upload it, I will add it to the pack.
Activity: 478

cheers

Monero Core Team
It doesn't even COMPILE on Arch.
I am on Arch (well, Manjaro). Use http://bit.ly/monerostarterpack and get the Linux binaries - they are compiled on Ubuntu but work on Arch. I am the maintainer, by the way.
Jump to: