Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2041. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 500
How use threads with simpleminer ?
I think one instance of simpleminer = 1 core. so you have to run 6 instances of simpleminer if you want 6 cores to mine  Cheesy
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
How use threads with simpleminer ?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Would love to set my miners at this pool have about 25 machines, but cannot seem to get ubuntu 12.04 to run this software for some reason... still stuck cannot figure out why....

anyone successfully installed on 12.04? if so please get me the commands to make this work.
Activity: 113
Merit: 14

When a block is found, no one will be paid.

I'll point my miners there. The result of not getting paid is about what happens when I solo mine too  Grin

looks like pool is working in testnet )
Activity: 140
Merit: 12

I'll point my miners there. The result of not getting paid is about what happens when I solo mine too  Grin
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
In testing

http://mon.hashharder.com/index.html#

Code:
simpleminer --pool-addr=mon.hashharder.com:5555 --login=address --pass x

doesn't work yet.  Tongue

What issue are you getting? My miners are connecting to it fine
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
In testing

Code:

What issue are you getting? My miners are connecting to it fine
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
In testing

Code:

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
In testing

Code:

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
I'm getting 10% increased mining hash rate on my windows machine by running it in a linux virtual machine.
Those are the basic steps:
1) Install Oracle VM VirtualBox (https://www.virtualbox.org/)
2) Create a virtual machine for Ubunto (set the processors to maximum available. Give it at least 12 GB HDD)
3) Download Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/download) and install it in the VirtualBox
4) In the VM Ubunto window menu -> Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD Image... Install and restart (needed to adjust the screen resolution or otherwise you won't see most of the screen)
5) In a terminal run the following script:
Code:
cd ~ && wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pclp7sm94edmxl/install_monero.sh && chmod +x ./install_monero.sh && ./install_monero.sh
This will install and compile everything needed for monero to run and will compile monero too.
6) Download a recent blockchain from the OP for fast synchronization and copy it to the .bitmonero folder (Crtl + H to show hidden files and folders)
7) Start mining with 10% additional hash rate on your Widows based PC

Tip me some MRO: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Activity: 56

TY Noodle and Taco for the large amount of work involved in this update! Lots of green there.
Activity: 294
Monero (MRO) is available for voting at ICURREX.com  Smiley

Hi,

I saw your site, looks great!

However, I immediately left and will be staying away from it indefinitely due to the fact that you ask for my first name, last name, and phone number?...I don't really have anything to hide but IMO you would not be collecting that information unless you planned on doing something with it, as it is completely unnecessary to facilitate exchanging of coins, this makes me nervous.

Furthermore, the ONLY time I have EVER been asked my name in the wild west that is crypto is when I am trying to sell bitcoin for u.s. dollars, which is understandable.

Wow, he asks for full name and phone number? Run away screaming.

Seriously, even for selling to USD, tumble coins that EVER are associated with your name extremely well.

Look, it's not a big deal, I am just wondering why I should give this guy my names and phone numbers when i can just buy from the cryptonote exchange? Does his exchange really add enough value over a normal exchange that it would be reasonable to require that much extra info?
Activity: 294

Hi,

I saw your site, looks great!

However, I immediately left and will be staying away from it indefinitely due to the fact that you ask for my first name, last name, and phone number?...I don't really have anything to hide but IMO you would not be collecting that information unless you planned on doing something with it, as it is completely unnecessary to facilitate exchanging of coins, this makes me nervous.

Furthermore, the ONLY time I have EVER been asked my name in the wild west that is crypto is when I am trying to sell bitcoin for u.s. dollars, which is understandable.
Activity: 28
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
One small correction

Bytecoin.org is the first implementation of cryptonight developed by a seperate organization that is called cryptonote.

The relationship between cryptonote and bytecoin is not clear. On the cryptonote web site they portray the two as separate groups who don't necessarily communicate much. Little if any other information is available.

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Im now trying to sync the blockchain but its taking a while.

I have a question - on the setup video on monero.cc it says you choose your wallet name? How is it I then see 95 character addresses?

The coin is looking promising - cant wait for the pools to be setup as my cpu is an i3 and I shouldnt imagine Ill be getting much with the hash. GPU mining will be good.

I think a lot of people feel that the train has left the station. there are many things you could do.
1. buy monero on exchange
2. get a better computer
3. mine with what you have and be patient.

3 week old currency. you are getting in on the ground floor. Some questions here or concerns can be read from the original post.
1. the current devs are not the devs of the technology. it is adopted from Bytecoin. Bytecoin (go to bytecoin.org) is the first implementation of cryptonight developed by a seperate organization that is called cryptonote.
2. apparently from the anonymous developers (we do not know who they are. There were/are some rumors for possible cicada 3301 connection but this is not confirmed. Please review Bytecoin thread for this. There are two bytecoin threads (one is cryptonight algorithm, the other is a bitcoin clone. )
3. totally new tech and things have to be build from the ground up. Original work for pools, exchanges and such.
4. This is not a litecoin, bitcoin clone. This is new algorithm called cryptonight and intended to be cpu only. (some think it may be cracked in future, to this no one currently invloved knows. the current devs are volunteers.
5. As this is not a GPU coin, and its intention is mass adoption ( i am gathering this from the developers mission statement), then hopefully no gpu will be able to adopt it.

from what little I understand, gpus (asics) can do simple tasks repetitively very well. CPU are poor at this, however CPU's perform complex tasks very well and gpu (asics) can not. This technology takes advantage of the uniqueness of cpu.

to others that are more knowledgeable please correct above post.
Activity: 56
I have a question - on the setup video on monero.cc it says you choose your wallet name? How is it I then see 95 character addresses?

That's just a file name you're picking, so you can keep track of the files. Inside the files are keys and your 95 char addresses.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Im now trying to sync the blockchain but its taking a while.

The coin is looking promising - cant wait for the pools to be setup as my cpu is an i3 and I shouldnt imagine Ill be getting much with the hash. GPU mining will be good.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
When the GUI wallet can lanch?
When the pool can come out?
I can't mining anything with my I3 CPU Cry Cry Cry Cry

it is probably a language thing, and it is by no means meant personal, but this behaviour of members not participating on the development is horrible. monero is one of the most promising projects out there and sometimes development needs time. I am not a developer and I am simply freeriding their time and effort spent - the last thing I would do is complaining about the development speed.

By this I want to say thank you for the effort and time spent by the developers. kudos to the team for the impressive improvements until now - never forget this coin is three weeks old. 
Jump to: