Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2044. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
So if one can't see the distribution of this coin how do we know there wasn't a giant premine or some way for the devs to just "counterfeit" coins en masse?  Huh
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
I am baffled by the complete lack of instructions for the software associated with this coin. Can someone put some instructions on how to get started with the wallet and mining? I am sure there is something within one of these 80+ pages but do we all have to reinvent the wheel?

OK, I ate my own words after looking at monero.cc.
Activity: 189
I am baffled by the complete lack of instructions for the software associated with this coin. Can someone put some instructions on how to get started with the wallet and mining? I am sure there is something within one of these 80+ pages but do we all have to reinvent the wheel?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
so this is the command i used

wget -o blockchain.bin https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B7RQILpPGrQbUGthNmVJM3RCNDQ&export=download

and this is the error im getting

wget: blockchain.bin: Permission denied
JM3RCNDQ&export=downloaduc?id=0B7RQILpPGrQbUGthNmV

thats what it looks like??  any ideas

Possibly b/c the name of the file at that link is "blockchain (1).bin" or "blockchain-unix-2014-05-08.bin"?
Activity: 37

wget -o blockchain.bin https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B7RQILpPGrQbUGthNmVJM3RCNDQ&export=download

thats what it looks like??  any ideas
Oh,Why? I can't see it???

i cant see it either thats whats happening.... im just copying and pasteing.. got everything figured out but this why is this such a pain for me.
Activity: 28

Oh,Why? I can't see it???

i still cannot install it i get the same error as above when i type: make -j command at the end

im trying to update the g++ but for some reason its not letting me
This might work

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y gcc-4.8 g++-4.8
sudo update-alternatives --remove gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.6
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.8 120 --slave /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-4.8

Replace gcc-4.6 with your current gcc version.

wow it looks like it is actually working now!! i cannot wait and is the command to mine?

./bitmonerod --start-mining MRO_address --mining-threads number_of_threads

i cannot thank you enough this was bugging me all day and im not that savvy with linux
You probably want to download the linux blockchain and put it into ~/.bitmonero to save a huge amount of sync time. That is the right command. If it doesn't start mining after you are synced type into bitmonerod
Code:
start_mining MRO_address number_of_threads
And then you can view your hashrate by typing
Code:
show_hr

thank you so much i appreciate it alot, but for some reason the link for the blockchain is broken is there another link?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
i still cannot install it i get the same error as above when i type: make -j command at the end

This might work

Code:
sudo apt-get update
update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/gcc gcc /usr/bin/gcc-4.8 120 --slave /usr/bin/g++ g++ /usr/bin/g++-4.8

wow it looks like it is actually working now!! i cannot wait and is the command to mine?

i cannot thank you enough this was bugging me all day and im not that savvy with linux
You probably want to download the linux blockchain and put it into ~/.bitmonero to save a huge amount of sync time. That is the right command. If it doesn't start mining after you are synced type into bitmonerod
Code:
start_mining MRO_address number_of_threads
And then you can view your hashrate by typing
Code:
show_hr
Activity: 140
Merit: 12
Current stats:

diff
2014-May-13 22:20:45.753803 BH: 38799, DIFF: 15356392, HR: 255939 H/s

With a block height of 38799 there should be about 17.2*38799 = 667k coins in existence right now.

This might work

Code:
sudo apt-get update

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Can somebody tell me how much coins be mined?
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

This might work

Code:
sudo apt-get update

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

Can someone explain to me why on earth you would have a platform-dependent blockchain/wallet file format?

It's not that hard to make a change which provides both backward-compatibility and platform-independence, but those who can do it mostly have other priorities.

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I know in CryptoNote technology, blockchain formats between Windows and Linux systems differ.
But is this the case with the wallet file formats? I couldn't open a wallet file created with Ubuntu  in a Windows environment.
Also I  want to know if this applies to Bitcoin-Qt software (blockchain, wallet file). Thanks.
Merit: 500
this is the error i cannot figure out??

http://pastebin.com/3Le99xg3

any help 12.04 ubuntu

Outdated compiler (it doesn't seem to support -std=c++11). Update to a newer g++.

Is there any way to see what the distribution of this coin is?

No, it's anonymous (which is the point Tongue). A separate public key is generated for each input and they're difficult to link by blockchain analysis.
this is the error i cannot figure out??

http://pastebin.com/3Le99xg3

any help 12.04 ubuntu
Activity: 133
Is there any way to see what the distribution of this coin is?
Pool launching soon!

tonight soon? because u cannot mine on 12.04 ubuntu?
Hopefully in 2-6 hours.  Smiley

You can mine on Ubuntu 12.04

I should mention it is an alpha pool.

please give me the full script that allows 12.04 because iv been trying all day with no luck Angry

ps the one on the monero.cc doesnt work
Jump to: