Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2042. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
I am baffled by the complete lack of instructions for the software associated with this coin. Can someone put some instructions on how to get started with the wallet and mining? I am sure there is something within one of these 80+ pages but do we all have to reinvent the wheel?

seriously man...sooo frustrating...

As above stated , just go to monero.cc and read the Getting started page
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
[snip]

Where are you placing it? What bit version is your PC?

1) Into C:\\%my_username%\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero
2) Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

Sorry, I've cleaned all those files, started all again, and now it seems to me daemon is synchronizing. About 2 days left now, 27 days were earlier.
Hope it would be synced well.
P.S. No, it freezed on synchronization, lol.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
When the GUI wallet can lanch?
When the pool can come out?
I can't mining anything with my I3 CPU Cry Cry Cry Cry

There is a GUI wallet being tested, feel free to test it if you like.

Pools are nearing completion, it has taken a while due to not being a copy paste coin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
When the GUI wallet can lanch?
When the pool can come out?
I can't mining anything with my I3 CPU Cry Cry Cry Cry
[snip]

Where are you placing it? What bit version is your PC?
I don't have ".../AppData/bitmonero" folder, what should I do? In what place blockchain.bin should be placed?
Also, with "show_hr" command I got "Mining is not started". I'm starting by bat-file from "getting started".

Okay,

First off you have to create that folder in $AppData$\Roaming\bitmonero then you can put your downloaded blockchain in there.

To mine you have to type start_mining [number of threads] in the simplewallet.exe windows not in the bitmoneod.exe

e.g start_mining 4

Then you can use show_hr in bitmonerod.exe

If it says daemon busy when you try and start mining it is because the blockchain is still syncing.

Thank you.
Why is this written on http://monero.cc/getting-started/#installing-monero:
"./bitmonerod --start-mining MRO_address --mining-threads number_of_threads
This line above is the only one you have to know for mining. Be it on your computer on another computer. You don’t even need your wallet open to mine".

This is daemon, not wallet.

That is a linux command.

Yes you don't need to use simple wallet to start mining but its the easiest and if your just mining on your personal computer there is no need to use that command with the adress just

start_mining

is all you need.

It comes in useful when you have more than one system mining but you want it to all go to the same address.

the equivalent windows command is something like

start_mining

in the bitmonerod.exe window.

I understand now, thanks.
Don't you know why I can't sync it with downloaded blockchain.bin? I get this error:

2014-May-14 14:45:11.430632 Initializing core...
2014-May-14 14:45:11.430632 Loading blockchain...
2014-May-14 14:45:11.446232 ERROR C:\temp\bytecoin\git\bitmonero-master-32bit\sr
c\common/boost_serialization_helper.h:82 Exception at [unserialize_obj_from_file
], what=invalid signature
2014-May-14 14:45:11.461832 Can't load blockchain storage from file, generating
genesis block.

2014-May-14 14:45:12.631834 Blockchain initialized. last block: 0, d679.h5.m45.s
12 time ago, current difficulty: 1
I don't have ".../AppData/bitmonero" folder, what should I do? In what place blockchain.bin should be placed?
Also, with "show_hr" command I got "Mining is not started". I'm starting by bat-file from "getting started".

Okay,

First off you have to create that folder in $AppData$\Roaming\bitmonero then you can put your downloaded blockchain in there.

To mine you have to type start_mining [number of threads] in the simplewallet.exe windows not in the bitmoneod.exe

e.g start_mining 4

If it says daemon busy when you try and start mining it is because the blockchain is still syncing.

Thank you.
This line above is the only one you have to know for mining. Be it on your computer on another computer. You don’t even need your wallet open to mine".

That is a linux command.

Yes you don't need to use simple wallet to start mining but its the easiest and if your just mining on your personal computer there is no need to use that command with the adress just

start_mining

is all you need.

It comes in useful when you have more than one system mining but you want it to all go to the same address.

the equivalent windows command is something like

start_mining

in the bitmonerod.exe window.
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^You could make the daemon to mine sending the command from the wallet you want to have the mining income to. This way you don't need to type the address, because the wallet knows it. You just type "start_mining number_of_threads".

Okay,

e.g start_mining 4

Thank you.

Still no answer Sad
Also, x64-version of bitmonerod says this (x32 works well):

2014-May-14 14:24:58.138501 Initializing p2p server...
2014-May-14 14:24:58.154101 ERROR c:\temp\bytecoin\git\bitmonero-master\src\p2p\net_node.inl:77 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=invalid signature
2014-May-14 14:24:58.169701 ERROR c:\temp\bytecoin\git\bitmonero-master\src\p2p\net_node.inl:203 Failed to init config.
2014-May-14 14:24:58.185301 ERROR ..\..\src\daemon\daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.
2014-May-14 14:24:58.200901 Mining has been stopped, 0 finished

lol, I answered it above...

Still no answer Sad
Also, x64-version of bitmonerod says this (x32 works well):

2014-May-14 14:24:58.138501 Initializing p2p server...
2014-May-14 14:24:58.154101 ERROR c:\temp\bytecoin\git\bitmonero-master\src\p2p\net_node.inl:77 Exception at [node_server::init_config], what=invalid signature
2014-May-14 14:24:58.169701 ERROR c:\temp\bytecoin\git\bitmonero-master\src\p2p\net_node.inl:203 Failed to init config.
2014-May-14 14:24:58.185301 ERROR ..\..\src\daemon\daemon.cpp:148 Failed to initialize p2p server.
2014-May-14 14:24:58.200901 Mining has been stopped, 0 finished

I've run that two daemons on Windows 7 x64.

Okay,

e.g start_mining 4

Activity: 286
Merit: 250
Posted info about monero reddit giveaway in Russian thread.

i download 32bit binaries and i have problem file not valid for win32 , anyone know to fix this ?

It seems you use Windows XP.
I don't sure that 32-bit wallet can work under Win XP.
Try it on Win 7 or Eight.

That doesn't look like an OS issue. I know of no binaries that are valid on a 32-bit Windows 7 or Windows 8 system that are invalid on an XP system.

mozurt, are you sure that you have downloaded 32-bit binaries?

yeah i download from : mega.co.nz/#!LZIGlI7Z!poO1z7XIFIYkMLLH9Y82Uo055Ov-IgEVVdrItHR5h78
i download 32bit binaries and i have problem file not valid for win32 , anyone know to fix this ?

Double check you definitely downloaded 32 bit binaries and for the love of god please dont use XP for any crypto or any other security related stuff.
Activity: 153
Merit: 107

That doesn't look like an OS issue. I know of no binaries that are valid on a 32-bit Windows 7 or Windows 8 system that are invalid on an XP system.

mozurt, are you sure that you have downloaded 32-bit binaries?
Activity: 153
Merit: 107

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

Activity: 84
D*CK Profiler
I'm not focusing on that bug, I addressed it because someone else brought it up. If I was going to bitch constantly about one thing, it would be NOT FUCKING COMPILING ON LINUX.  Undecided

Okay I missed that one (it does compiler for me on Ubuntu). Can you be more specific?

Give me just a minute. I'll attempt to compile it yet again and then post the results.

Here you are. I copied the whole thing, not just the relevant bits, in case I would have missed something: http://pastebin.com/Nc5XrpEH

Wow. Just... wow. I did a "make clean", then tried "make build-debug" just for fun... I think the devs failed so hard they won: http://pastebin.com/c9X2H7a9

Anyone have a solution for the above?

Did you try gcc 4.8.x as suggested?

Did you even look at the first pastebin? You might be able to blame the compiler for the debug build failure, but saying a compiler bug is responsible for the regular build failure is ludicrous.

Whether or not its a problem with the compiler has to be eliminated. If you refuse to eliminate it as a factor then we will end up with the same discussion over and over; that is the ludicrous part. Come back when you're ready to fix your problem, otherwise just deal with it yourself.  

Okay, your faucet is broken. So the obvious thing to do is get the engine in your car checked; anything else is ludicrous. You're asking me to hunt down an old ass package or custom compile an old version of GCC - while the obvious problem is "shit ain't being linked correctly."

Either you know jack shit about C/C++ and coding in general, or you like wasting people's time.

Such is life, either do something about it or just whine until the your mouth froths with saliva. I'm sure you find the latter more worthwhile. Cheers. Smiley
Activity: 84
D*CK Profiler
I'm not focusing on that bug, I addressed it because someone else brought it up. If I was going to bitch constantly about one thing, it would be NOT FUCKING COMPILING ON LINUX.  Undecided

Okay I missed that one (it does compiler for me on Ubuntu). Can you be more specific?

Give me just a minute. I'll attempt to compile it yet again and then post the results.

Here you are. I copied the whole thing, not just the relevant bits, in case I would have missed something: http://pastebin.com/Nc5XrpEH

Wow. Just... wow. I did a "make clean", then tried "make build-debug" just for fun... I think the devs failed so hard they won: http://pastebin.com/c9X2H7a9

Anyone have a solution for the above?

Did you try gcc 4.8.x as suggested?

Did you even look at the first pastebin? You might be able to blame the compiler for the debug build failure, but saying a compiler bug is responsible for the regular build failure is ludicrous.

Whether or not its a problem with the compiler has to be eliminated. If you refuse to eliminate it as a factor then we will end up with the same discussion over and over; that is the ludicrous part. Come back when you're ready to fix your problem, otherwise just deal with it yourself. 
Jump to: