Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2061. (Read 4670054 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
FOSS pool software should be available shortly:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6659495
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Hey emontmon, do you want to try out the nice new GUI with me? Feedback is critical now that Bitkoot has put something out. I'm pretty sure you were using windows, so please let me know?

I can help you with it if you need help setting it up?
I tested it. It seems to be working. It needs bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe at the same folder as the GUI wallet or it crashes. If clause should be added to check if the executables are there and inform the user instead of crashing. I think an "Advanced" tab should be added where you can send your own commands to the wallet and the daemon, because in the current version you can't tell the daemon to start mining. There could be a checkbox in the "wallet log" and "miner log" to make the wallet and bitmonerod windows visible instead of adding "advanced" tab or if advanced tab is added those options should be there also (message in red for the user not to close them if they are visible).

Nice! I'll crosspost the feedback in the GUI thread. I agree that it would be nice to have a check that all the executables are present instead of crashing, as I ran into the same issue when I left the config file out (to which I would suggest creating a standard config file in the same directory if it's not present).

I wanted to try it on a different version of windows. I don't have 8, but do have vista. Also, would this work with 32 bit? I can try it on that as well. I'm about done doing what I can think of as far as usage goes, so I'll be moving onto the 3 other installs (if possible) then.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I think an "Advanced" tab should be added where you can send your own commands to the wallet and the daemon, because in the current version you can't tell the daemon to start mining.

Advanced commands are good but there should be a simple check box to turn on and off mining, maybe with a setting for number of threads.

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

Hey emontmon, do you want to try out the nice new GUI with me? Feedback is critical now that Bitkoot has put something out. I'm pretty sure you were using windows, so please let me know?

I tested it. It seems to be working. It needs bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet.exe at the same folder as the GUI wallet or it crashes. If clause should be added to check if the executables are there and inform the user instead of crashing. I think an "Advanced" tab should be added where you can send your own commands to the wallet and the daemon, because in the current version you can't tell the daemon to start mining. There could be a checkbox in the "wallet log" and "miner log" to make the wallet and bitmonerod windows visible instead of adding "advanced" tab or if advanced tab is added those options should be there also (message in red for the user not to close them if they are visible).
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
TFT: "I'm working on another good feature now, so stay tuned. "

Looks like soon BitMonero will no doubt another coin with great upgrades made by the dev. SO, MRO and BMR are two diff coins with two diff future. IMO, MRO may have a bright future in case devs would suggest new ideas. Now it looks like TFT has much more to suggest

I don't understand how this makes any sense.

Are you saying he follows through with intention and direction because to date he has not.

Theres nothing to understand, nothing he says makes sense and TFT said himself hes fine with the renaming to Monero.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10

I am on the road. Won't be back till monday. Following conversation on phone. Will be happy to on Monday

Activity: 196

Looks like soon BitMonero will no doubt another coin with great upgrades made by the dev. SO, MRO and BMR are two diff coins with two diff future. IMO, MRO may have a bright future in case devs would suggest new ideas. Now it looks like TFT has much more to suggest

I don't understand how this makes any sense.

Are you saying he follows through with intention and direction because to date he has not.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Hey, build OSX wallet, current is a shit, linked against libraries, libraries must be bundled.
TheKoziTwo on IRC just announced he's beta testing an online exchange for MRO and BCN:

Announcement: The monero exchange will be going online for beta testing today. Interested parties please send a pm. We expect to be open for beta testing within 1 hour.
I will be funding your accounts with virtual money to facilitate trading, balances will be reset after launch.

I would help, but I'm testing out the GUI wallet that Bitkoot made in any way I can think of. If you want people, I'm here and can be done in an hour if you need me.
Activity: 560
TheKoziTwo on IRC just announced he's beta testing an online exchange for MRO and BCN:

Announcement: The monero exchange will be going online for beta testing today. Interested parties please send a pm. We expect to be open for beta testing within 1 hour.
I will be funding your accounts with virtual money to facilitate trading, balances will be reset after launch.
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Google translate. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grammar mistakes in the first sentence...  Tongue

Yep, no history of translations from that account. Mickey, save the bounty for surfer43's translation. Wink

I'll hold off on bounty's until confirmed official translations
Activity: 170

Grammar mistakes in the first sentence...  Tongue

Yep, no history of translations from that account. Mickey, save the bounty for surfer43's translation. Wink
BitKoot developed a .NET GUI (aimed at Windows): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6654252

You can test and give him feedback.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Update once again,

Got RPC API working. All the "understanding bridges" conquered.

Only network code remains now, bed time
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Monero is up for voting on this site: https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
It's a new exchange, so the level of reliability is unknown. But take a second and vote here or anywhere else you find MRO listed for more visibility.
I know them, I traded there  They where the first alt to have stop loss (now, poloniex has it too) - Kraken had it before, but this is not an alt. I explain why stop loss orders matter here: http://david.latapie.name/blog/investment-strategy-10-200-and-trailing-stop/

Also, they already implemented the code for trailing stop (a better stop loss, which protects not only you capital, but also your profits, see my link above for explanation). They just did not implemented it yet because trailing stop needs volume to be interesting.

They are from Austria, with a registered company behind.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
What's that? a short name of bitmonero? or a fork?

If it's a fork what new things you have making it differ from Bitmonero? what  new ideas you've made?

What happened is explained here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6645981

Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

Grammar mistakes in the first sentence...  Tongue
Activity: 412
What's that? a short name of bitmonero? or a fork?

If it's a fork what new things you have making it differ from Bitmonero? what  new ideas you've made?
Jump to: