Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2056. (Read 4670504 times)

Activity: 412
Merit: 10
 Don't know why but after updating I can't access my wallet. Angry
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Can somebody explain the difference between BitMonero and Monero and what happened in the past?

It is reasonably well explained here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6645981

It is odd given TFT's sentiments about the name change (linked above, quoted below) and hard forks these questions are still being asked again and again, but you have to understand that the world of cryptocoins has become rampant with FUD campaigns, puppet accounts and all sort of dirty tricks. It is sad that people want to operate that way instead of focusing on building the best technology and products, but there is nothing we can do about it, except minimize the disruption they cause. Fortunately most of their efforts are pretty transparent and ineffective (see comments a page or two back on this thread, or better yet don't).

Not finished yet, come join in!

So far:
  • Changing bitmonero (BMR) to monero (MRO)
  • Buying a domain name (done: monero.cc, cc standing for "crypto currency")
  • Creating an account for an new OP. This OP includes eizh's proposal. The account password will be given to trusted monero users

New OP: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmro-monero-an-anonymous-coin-based-on-cryptonote-technology-582080

Hi!

I'm ok about renaming. But I'm not ok about proposed hardfork without support of at least 50% of miners. See new OP for comments.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
Can somebody explain the difference between BitMonero and Monero and what happened in the past?

found this...
1) Bytecoin (80% stealth mined)
2) Bitmonero (launched by TFT, ignoring all comments from community)
3) Monero (takeover of Bitmonero when TFT left for a week. TFT is now back with Bitmonero. Both are currently uing same blockchain, but hardfork with merge mining is expected)
4) PhantomCoin (merge mining possible)
5) Quazar
Activity: 224
Please someone message me I want to buy more monero, I will pay on the high end

I don't have any feedback so we can do escrow or whatever the formal sell procedure is

https://cryptonote.exchange.to
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Please someone message me I want to buy more monero, I will pay on the high end

I don't have any feedback so we can do escrow or whatever the formal sell procedure is
Activity: 224
Just for curiosity's sake has anyone encountered a problem with opening their wallets due to an incorrect password? I did not set a password when I made the wallet a few days ago, but now it tells me the password is wrong when I try to open it. Not a huge deal since there's only 1 block worth on there but it's kinda annoying all the same.
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
With today's update, blockchain sync, hashing and mining are much faster on Core 2 (is anyone still using Core 2's?). Does this hold for other arches?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000
I can't download the wallet from mega !
I also was not able to download from this site, after I protected my Firefox with add-ons ghostery and noscript. mega wants to have write access to your system. I use a separate Live-System in a VM on SSD for this risky access.
Activity: 70
I can't download the wallet from mega !
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077
Update on cryptonote.exchange.to: bonuses have been sent. Fees are 0.5%.

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 87
ok i know now, refreshing is very important.

i hope it does not dissapear again

Make sure you close your wallet by typing in 'exit' rather than just closing the window. You won't lose your coins (as long as you keep your wallet.bin.keys file safe - make sure you have this backed up!), but it will need to refresh the whole block chain to 'find' them again if you don't quit by typing in 'exit'.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
The world’s first exchange for Monero now has its own thread. Please address any issue, feature requests, question... there:

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
ok i know now, refreshing is very important.

i hope it does not dissapear again

Hm, well I know the unlock window for newly mined coins is 60 (minutes?) up from the 10 in BCN. Usually if I mine a block I try to wait an hour before I try to look for it in my wallet.

Do you know how long it took after you found the block for it to show up in your wallet?

I'm pretty sure it usually showed up at a locked balance right after mining though, as long as I typed refresh every time I looked at the wallet (it's not done automatically yet). With Bitkoots new GUI that's being tested, all that is done automatically which is beautiful!

Code:
2014-May-11 15:15:45.256958 Got control signal 2. Exiting without saving...

Are you using the "save", "refresh" and "exit" commands in the wallet and daemon regularly? If not your wallet has to hash every tx every single time you open the wallet, and it takes a few seconds.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Please continue discussion about the exchange on TheKoziTwo's thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptonote-exchange-605326

Fantastic job, Kozi!
Update: bonuses have been sent. Fees are 0.5%.

TYVM!

Awesome exchange!

Kozi and anyone involved have done something fantastic here with the functional exchange, along with Bitkoot with the working GUI, and zone117x and archit with the multiple functional pool code.

Monero Core Team
Why is the medium of exchange bitcoin. Is there a way to also include dollars.
Fiat = legal burden. Maybe one day, the dev will tell.
Activity: 196
Why is the medium of exchange bitcoin. Is there a way to also include dollars.
Monero Core Team
Update on cryptonote.exchange.to: bonuses have been sent. Fees are 0.5%.
Activity: 196
Jump to: