Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2062. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Google translate. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grammar mistakes in the first sentence...  Tongue

Yep, no history of translations from that account. Mickey, save the bounty for surfer43's translation. Wink

I'll hold off on bounty's until confirmed official translations
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
TFT: "I'm working on another good feature now, so stay tuned. "

Looks like soon BitMonero will no doubt another coin with great upgrades made by the dev. SO, MRO and BMR are two diff coins with two diff future. IMO, MRO may have a bright future in case devs would suggest new ideas. Now it looks like TFT has much more to suggest
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Grammar mistakes in the first sentence...  Tongue

Yep, no history of translations from that account. Mickey, save the bounty for surfer43's translation. Wink
BitKoot developed a .NET GUI (aimed at Windows): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6654252

You can test and give him feedback.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Update once again,

Got RPC API working. All the "understanding bridges" conquered.

Only network code remains now, bed time
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Monero is up for voting on this site: https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
It's a new exchange, so the level of reliability is unknown. But take a second and vote here or anywhere else you find MRO listed for more visibility.
I know them, I traded there  They where the first alt to have stop loss (now, poloniex has it too) - Kraken had it before, but this is not an alt. I explain why stop loss orders matter here: http://david.latapie.name/blog/investment-strategy-10-200-and-trailing-stop/

Also, they already implemented the code for trailing stop (a better stop loss, which protects not only you capital, but also your profits, see my link above for explanation). They just did not implemented it yet because trailing stop needs volume to be interesting.

They are from Austria, with a registered company behind.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
What's that? a short name of bitmonero? or a fork?

If it's a fork what new things you have making it differ from Bitmonero? what  new ideas you've made?

What happened is explained here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6645981

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

Grammar mistakes in the first sentence...  Tongue
Activity: 412
Merit: 10
What's that? a short name of bitmonero? or a fork?

If it's a fork what new things you have making it differ from Bitmonero? what  new ideas you've made?
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry

It's a new exchange, so the level of reliability is unknown. But take a second and vote here or anywhere else you find MRO listed for more visibility.

I think most of the EX-site did not add MRO because they have no idea to solve the new algo and the new wallet
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Found a nicely written article about the necessity for nodes in a p2p network. It's mainly a discussion stressing that if there is no incentive to run a node, then they become more and more sparse. I think privatized solutions like CryptoNote and Darkcoin have at least begun to address these issues. Specifically, by having more nodes operational (wallets on and running), you increase your privacy base. Does anyone want to discuss their thoughts? I've heard that transaction fees need to be eliminated in a network, and that they need to be eliminated and replaced by a small yearly inflation. But this article seems to imply that removing them centralizes your nodes.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-nodes-need/

Quote from: Daniel Cawrey

Bitcoin core developer Jeff Garzik believes that community attention to the lack of nodes supporting the network is what the industry needs in order to boost numbers:

“I agree we need more full nodes. I’ve long been a proponent of such calls for more nodes.”

However, such calls for voluntary support might not be enough motivation for people to do so, though, so, one logical idea that has been floated is to give nodes some sort of incentive.

However, that’s probably not feasible right now: over the past six months, miners have been averaging a daily reward of 15.98 BTC per day, according to Blockchain.

Recent bitcoin prices would peg that value at around $7,040 per day for the entire network – and the growth in transaction fees has been incredibly flat over the past six months. As a result, miners would likely be reluctant to concede any revenue to bitcoin nodes, which don’t require pricey ASIC hardware to run.

Members of the bitcoin community seem to be losing interest in hosting full nodes. And it’s something to pay attention to, because over time it might mean that the major companies in the industry may have to pick up the slack.

If larger players are taking up the role of supporting the network as full nodes, though, it continues to lessen the amount of decentralization the network has at an infrastructure level.

This is all down to circumstances surrounding bitcoin sentiment – the rise of ASICs, the selloffs in China and complete collapse of Mt. Gox – plus little in the way of incentives for someone to run a node.

Activity: 280
Who cares?
Progress Update: The code is C#(Network code) + C++/CLI (Crypto etc.)

Some of the native functions are done as of now

+136457.057383956

??

Thats how many +1 you get from me.

Activity: 150
The real merit of this coin lies in the anonymity enhancing features of the protocol and the robust decentralization implied by CPU-mining.  Without those, it is just another pump and dump.  If they can be improved and made more robust, the coin may have a bright future.  I worry about the BMO fork, however.  Quazarcoin and bytecoin are transparent scams, and will die naturally, but BMR vs MRO is a serious problem for image and marketing.
+1
Valid point. We should take care about BMR resurrection and reach agreement or cooperation with thankful_for_today.

Agree. Cooperation with TFT can lead to a better upgrading
IMO that TFT knows what community need. He was one of the first guys to make bytecoin fork. I mean BitMonero.

+136457.057383956

??
Activity: 280
Who cares?

+136457.057383956

UPDATE 2: All done as far as required right now
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
When the GUI come?

If you want to defeat bytecoin you need to get ahead them
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
That would be fine with me.  In general, I will hold my wealth in BTC, and use MRO when I want assurance of transactional privacy.
I agree. BTC and MRO would not directly compete: there is market for traceable transaction (public funding, donations...)
Activity: 324
Guys, what is the blockheight now?

Trying to figure out how long it'll take until monero is fully synced.

Blockheight is now at 33649. You can download the blockchain as of May 8 in the OP to save time.

Ah thanks, fully synced now Smiley
Jump to: