Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2058. (Read 4670504 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
The world’s first exchange for Monero just opened!

A beta test was done in partnership with the Monero developers and the end result was very satisfying. The exchange is operational and new features will be released soon.

Inauguration bonus:
  • The first 10 first users will be credited 10 MRO each.
  • The 10 first depositers will be credited 20 MRO.
  • Beta testers will receive a little surprise in their account after they sign up again.
(forum thread pending)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
still no pool for botnet coin...relaunch
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Chinese translation of main thread : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6666474
Mining guide will be tranlated later.

Thank you, lisalee!
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
yes, its obvious theres something wrong, many people with same bug

Which binary? I have not had any problems with the binary in the OP : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6382239

I'm using the latest binaries from the OP too, and have noticed the 'stuck at certain block' bug from my post a couple of posts up on two different machines (both Win 8.1, x64).
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
1. Yes the possibility of orphans create an advantage for large pools. But I wouldn't say it will ever be the case that it is "likely" your blocks will be orphaned. It is more like a small increase in the percentages. You have to trade that off against the pool fees, the possibility that the pool gets hacked or is dishonest and the increased late share latency. How that all works out is not clear, but it will certainly never be impossible to solo mine. (Extreme patience will always be required though. If you want instant gratification solo mining of any mature coin is not for you.)

2. We have gone out of our way to ensure the the first developed pool software is open source so people can use those packages to create as many pools as they want. This should not and almost certainly will not require coding but it will require admin skills and perhaps web design skills.

with the upcomming pool technology for this coin I have some questions concerns
1. with the transaction time of 1 minute. will the pool make it impossible to mine solo as a solo miner will be competeting against a pool. Meaning, the solo miner may find a block but given the transaction time so low, it will likely be orphaned and thus wasted work and energy.
2. will you create a mechanism so that a poole can be created by many. otherwise if there are only 1-2 pools, will this not essentially centralize the currency. exactly the opposite of what its goal is aimed to be.

to the current devs. with the current activity and creation of bcn forks in the last few weeks alongside the newbie accounts who are bashing this coin sowing confusion, this coin has execptional potential. Please consider the above and assure your success.

I would like to create a pool, and I am sure others would like to as well. as the technology was made easily available to you, can you do the same now and carry the ball even further than where cryptonote/bytecoin left it. make it now more available to those that do not know coding to any level near your ability. essentially I am asking for a walkthrough step by step.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
i can't get this to work...

stops syncing at a certain block...

Are you using the latest binaries?  Did you download the latest blockchain file on the first page?

For all binaries or is it isolated to a specific operating system?
Activity: 56

Which binary? I have not had any problems with the binary in the OP : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6382239
Activity: 280
Who cares?

Are you using the latest binaries?  Did you download the latest blockchain file on the first page?
Activity: 294

Activity: 26
Is there any bug with the latest binary? here it stops syncing and i have to restart several times  Embarrassed

I have been getting that too. It seems to get 'stuck' on a certain block and I need to exit and relaunch the daemon.

Code:
2014-May-11 15:42:01.220109 [P2P1]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:43:03.468463 [P2P0]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:44:05.729830 [P2P1]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:45:07.844057 [P2P2]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:46:10.055376 [P2P7]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:47:12.134569 [P2P0]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:48:14.224773 [P2P9]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:49:16.357017 [P2P7]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:50:18.515286 [P2P1]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:51:20.735614 [P2P4]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s
2014-May-11 15:52:22.899888 [P2P1]BH: 35062, DIFF: 11459141, HR: 190985 H/s

Once it was stuck for almost an hour before I noticed and restarted it.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
I have troubles compiling AND running the binary on my Mac:

This happens when I run the binary
Code:
[...]/monero.osx.x64.050814/bitmonerod ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libboost_system-mt.dylib
  Referenced from: /[...]/monero.osx.x64.050814/bitmonerod
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5
logout

[Process completed]

And this happens when I run make in the source:

Code:
mkdir -p build/release
cd build/release && cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ../..
-- Boost version: 1.55.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   system
--   filesystem
--   thread
--   date_time
--   chrono
--   regex
--   serialization
--   atomic
--   program_options
-- Found Git: /usr/bin/git
-- Could NOT find Threads (missing:  Threads_FOUND)
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /[...]/build/release
cd build/release && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make
fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything.
CMake Warning at src/version.cmake:3 (message):
  Cannot determine current revision.  Make sure that you are building either
  from a Git working tree or from a source archive.

[  0%] Built target version
[  1%] Building C object external/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/igd_desc_parse.c.o
error: unknown warning option '-Wno-overloaded-shift-op-parentheses'; did you mean '-Wno-shift-op-parentheses'?
      [-Werror,-Wunknown-warning-option]
make[3]: *** [external/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/igd_desc_parse.c.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [external/miniupnpc/CMakeFiles/upnpc-static.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [build-release] Error 2

Any idea what's wrong?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I wrote a letter to MintPal in order they add BCN, MRO, FCN and QCN to the vote list. Waiting for the answer now.
I have done this as well, yesterday.  haven't received a response yet.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
I wrote a letter to MintPal in order they add BCN, MRO, FCN and QCN to the vote list. Waiting for the answer now.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
with the upcomming pool technology for this coin I have some questions concerns
1. with the transaction time of 1 minute. will the pool make it impossible to mine solo as a solo miner will be competeting against a pool. Meaning, the solo miner may find a block but given the transaction time so low, it will likely be orphaned and thus wasted work and energy.
2. will you create a mechanism so that a poole can be created by many. otherwise if there are only 1-2 pools, will this not essentially centralize the currency. exactly the opposite of what its goal is aimed to be.

to the current devs. with the current activity and creation of bcn forks in the last few weeks alongside the newbie accounts who are bashing this coin sowing confusion, this coin has execptional potential. Please consider the above and assure your success.

I would like to create a pool, and I am sure others would like to as well. as the technology was made easily available to you, can you do the same now and carry the ball even further than where cryptonote/bytecoin left it. make it now more available to those that do not know coding to any level near your ability. essentially I am asking for a walkthrough step by step.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
How many threads does this coin need?

one. you are in the right one
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
There is strange temporary error on mega, can't download osx wallet. Dev, please make a complete guide for dummies how to build it on latest ubuntu server 14. Much problems there, I can build other coin wallets smoothly, but something wrong with monero. I know that's different.

Have you tried the instructions on the web site: http://monero.cc/getting-started/#debian-based-linux

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
There is strange temporary error on mega, can't download osx wallet. Dev, please make a complete guide for dummies how to build it on latest ubuntu server 14. Much problems there, I can build other coin wallets smoothly, but something wrong with monero. I know that's different.
Activity: 53
Quanttek will be doing German and David Latapie French. Monero will be soon be very international. Smiley

Chinese translation will be one of the most important. If anyone can offer to do a high-quality one (or knows someone that can), that would be great.
Those who want to translate the website: PM me. Do not start with the "getting started" page as it is the one most prone to heavy changes, though.

Is someone translating it to Chinese? If not, could I have a try and do the Chinese translation?

Sure! Right now we don't have any bounties for translation, though, so the translators have been volunteers.

OK. I know that. I will finished it in 24 hours anyway.

Great! To use it, they might need the mining guide translated as well. It's now here: http://monero.cc/getting-started/

I've messaged those who already translate.  Russian, Portugese, Chinese. And will provide 100 MRO to each as a bounty.  Spanish and other translation is needed.  I'll start translation bounty with a 300 MRO donation if setup like pool/gui bounty  That could be made 100 MRO for translation for beginning.  Donations after that would be split at later date equal between translators so first translators get same as later.    

Chinese translation of main thread : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6666474
Mining guide will be tranlated later.
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry
hi,guys
I have so many connected lose then I change to ubuntu,but it fail connect too
are you guys got the same problem
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Stagnation is Death
Looks very complicated, it will be the next BTC it?

Nobody knows, lets see -

There is a market for traceable transactions - Bitcoin

There will surely be a market for untraceable transactions too (stealth store of wealth, privacy) - Monero

Yes, this might be the next Bitcoin(Privacy edition)
Jump to: