Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 586. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
If you are interested, the Monero Research Lab has published some further whitepapers as well:

https://lab.getmonero.org

I wish more people were aware of MRL. Monero is the only coin that I'm aware of, apart from Bitcoin and Ethereum, that has people consistently performing academic-style research in the background and publishing papers of a certain level (ie not crap). People frequently underestimate the difficulty and the importance of this.

Would be even more sweet if we got them peer reviewed. Yah know, its not impossible to get things published in PLOS.
Activity: 294
Merit: 260
If you are interested, the Monero Research Lab has published some further whitepapers as well:

I wish more people were aware of MRL. Monero is the only coin that I'm aware of, apart from Bitcoin and Ethereum, that has people consistently performing academic-style research in the background and publishing papers of a certain level (ie not crap). People frequently underestimate the difficulty and the importance of this.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Hello monero!
I'm still learning XMR, apparently it has great potential for investors and the community...one question,  is anonymity in monero network mathematically proven?

Yes, see the original whitepaper:

https://cryptonote.org/whitepaper.pdf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hello monero!
I'm still learning XMR, apparently it has great potential for investors and the community...one question,  is anonymity in monero network mathematically proven?
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
I think what he means to ask is why it's not developed by a core team member.

The answer is that there are no "official" developers. Contributors work on whatever interests them. This particular dev created a proposal to build the GUI, and the community raised the money.
Activity: 966
Merit: 546
Hello,
May i ask to mymonero.com developers are they going to open source it?
By the way is there any standalone full node XMR GUI?
Sorry, i don`t watch xmr development.

1. mymonero.com is a service ... I don't think the mymonero.com developers will open source it. It could be reverse engineered though. If you view the source on mymonero.com (right click, view page source), you can see all the script required to do the stuff. Its just the server backend that isn't open.

2. Standalone full node XMR GUI - none exists yet, but the CLI is really easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRMM3F1jsE

The official GUI is under active development by a dedicated paid developer, so we'll probably see it released sometime in 2016.

i see. one more question: why "GUI is under active development by a dedicated paid developer" and not xmr dev?  Roll Eyes

many reasons, as has been mentioned many times, but I won't go into that. Instead I will ask, how is the paid developer not an xmr dev?

Working on a development project involving XMR...can confirm that he's an XMR dev. Or does the money not make him an XMR dev Cool
legendary
Hello,

1. mymonero.com is a service ... I don't think the mymonero.com developers will open source it. It could be reverse engineered though. If you view the source on mymonero.com (right click, view page source), you can see all the script required to do the stuff. Its just the server backend that isn't open.

The official GUI is under active development by a dedicated paid developer, so we'll probably see it released sometime in 2016.

i see. one more question: why "GUI is under active development by a dedicated paid developer" and not xmr dev?  Roll Eyes

many reasons, as has been mentioned many times, but I won't go into that. Instead I will ask, how is the paid developer not an xmr dev?

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Hello,

Activity: 850
Hello,

That video is good. And it's funny - "we're gettin' hacker-level, goin deep, deep into the internets..."  lol
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hello,

The javascript source has BSD license notices in it so should be considered explicit open source. The part that isn't open source is the back end server.
legendary
Hello,

Activity: 896
Hello,
May i ask mymonero.com developers are they going to open source it?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

XMR is doing better than any cryptocurrency right now. It's the only one (with ETH) that pump during the BTC pump. Very strong.

I Doubt XMR is a pump. With so much chinese moving capitol into alts Monero is a great hedge and is very stable vs USD in comparison.

I'm glad I've held through the BTC bubble so far. If it's a bubble, who knows.

Can anyone confirm whats being said of large Chinese money shorting BTC and they are covering now.

ETH OTOH is a self sustaining bubble ATM, DAO bought it alot of time. Those boys are gonna get real butthurt.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
I was syncing blockchain and computer turned off. Now when I load bitmonerod it starts and then deinitializes. How do I fix?

Could you post a more specific error log? It's difficult to examine this way.

thanks I found it
legendary
I was syncing blockchain and computer turned off. Now when I load bitmonerod it starts and then deinitializes. How do I fix?

Could you post a more specific error log? It's difficult to examine this way.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
legendary
I used to mine/trade monero when it launched. what is the current inflation rate of XMR? It has been a long time.

On average 12.09 XMR per 2 minutes, so calculating back to 1 minute blocks that would be 6.045 XMR. See -> http://moneroblocks.info/tx/cb36437d32ca7cec8066ff9840c668342189bbec6e42321124037ff375d54b5e

Daily is -> 12.09*30*24 = ~8705 XMR per day.
Activity: 545
Merit: 500
 I used to mine/trade monero when it launched. what is the current inflation rate of XMR? It has been a long time.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100

XMR is doing better than any cryptocurrency right now. It's the only one (with ETH) that pump during the BTC pump. Very strong.

Monero is very underpriced.   But it needs more markets and because everyone likes the shiny graphical interfaces and especially the word "official" XMR won't achieve much bigger cap grow(like in 100m $) without official GUI. But I guess everyone knows that already...
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

Jump to: