Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 588. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I will pay 1 BTC or equivalent in Monero to whoever provides a script for installing bitsquare on raspberry pi.

More info here:
https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/1-btc-bounty-for-bitsquare-on-raspberry-pi/209

I am told the bounty has now doubled:
https://twitter.com/meapistol/status/741414370429788160
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
I will pay 1 BTC or equivalent in Monero to whoever provides a script for installing bitsquare on raspberry pi.

More info here:
https://forum.bitsquare.io/t/1-btc-bounty-for-bitsquare-on-raspberry-pi/209
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053
Free spirit
Just invested 2000$ in Monero, IT HAS POTENTIAL TO GO TO THE MOON!

Indeed. But, had you invested that 2k last week, you would have saved roughly 40 cents usd per coin! ... IOTW, this coin is not for people who think it will just always rise... This coin moves ... A LOT... Just strap in for the ride. I too dumped 1k into it again last night @ 1USD per coin! Smiley

Should I be flipping them then? just sitting on my stash from about the first few weeks. I am underwater I guess because people would probably sell where I brought  *doh   lol

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Buddy just emailed this figured i'd share Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8273HGqxEc
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

Indeed. But, had you invested that 2k last week, you would have saved roughly 40 cents usd per coin! ... IOTW, this coin is not for people who think it will just always rise... This coin moves ... A LOT... Just strap in for the ride. I too dumped 1k into it again last night @ 1USD per coin! Smiley

It is hard to do but I think the best way of accumulating Monero is to have a disciplined approach of buying X amount every week or month, whatever is best for you. This way it is possible to have buys at the lowest of the low morale times if you stick to your plan while everyone is waiting for lower prices.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
God, sometimes investors on here make me cringe... That's a lot of money all at one time, and you should be concerned about the risks.  

What I tend to do is to continuously invest small amounts as time goes on to asses the risks/reward scenario as time goes on... but I guess different people have their "way" of investing... I just couldn't imagine dropping that much money off the rip though.

Yes, you are correct. Speaking as someone who once held over 8K XMR, I can see & realize your skepticism!! Cheesy  

You really have to know the coin and what is going on for development to make intelligent investments.

Like, right now, XMR is sort of rallying because of news in the media... it will die down and drop back to ~.84 USD again maybe when no new interest comes about for a few weeks like usual - but who knows. maybe not. Smoothie has certainly ignited interest, and let's face it, it's a lot  harder to buy XMR than to sell it on Poloniex the past few days.

The fact that the official GUI wallet is not even done yet, provides more future incentive in being long on this coin. I didn't buy 1K USD worth for nothing. I don't plan to dump it, in fact, I may win an auction of smoothies so I will need them to buy and fund the coin set, or I will just hodl and dump much later at a higher profit. This coin has already hit 1.80 USD at a few points I believe, but I may be wrong.  
Activity: 1873
Merit: 840
Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

God, sometimes investors on here make me cringe... That's a lot of money all at one time, and you should be concerned about the risks. 

What I tend to do is to continuously invest small amounts as time goes on to asses the risks/reward scenario as time goes on... but I guess different people have their "way" of investing... I just couldn't imagine dropping that much money off the rip though.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Dear Monero Community,

I have a quick question: I want to send monero form mymonero website wallet.
I have received as deposit address a hexadecimal string. But the problem is: The online Mymonero wallet just allows to enter in the "receiving address" field some kind of email address or user name instead of a hexadecimal number.

How can I send my moneros to a monero address when I only have the deposit address in the form of hexadecimals?

Many thanks I hope you answer shortly.

Hexadecimal sounds like a payment id. Addresses have additional characters. If you're sending coins to an exchange you need to send them to an address, but also include the payment id in the TX.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
 Dear Monero Community,

I have a quick question: I want to send monero form mymonero website wallet.
I have received as deposit address a hexadecimal string. But the problem is: The online Mymonero wallet just allows to enter in the "receiving address" field some kind of email address or user name instead of a hexadecimal number.

How can I send my moneros to a monero address when I only have the deposit address in the form of hexadecimals?

Many thanks I hope you answer shortly.

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
weird.

The wave pattern theoretically caused by the 1 minute blocktime seems to have disappeared, but now difficulty seems anything but smooth after the fork.

http://chainradar.com/xmr/chart

as you click through the different coins on chainradar, this seems to be related to the network hashrate - at least the magnitude of the swings.

I ponder if "difficulty sniping" will become a thing at some point. Or difficulty manipulation. Imagine you have a lot of hashpower, like 10 MH.

2.04 - Mon, Jun 6th peak 1:50
1.64 - Mon, Jun 6th bottom 18:33

The delta of those 2 is considerable. I don't feel like doing the math right now, but theoretically your more likely to have a dice roll result that meets the 1.64 difficulty than the 2.04 difficulty, just due to the change in the volume of the "winning" results space, right?

So ultimately, if you have considerable hashrate available that can be switched on and off, you would monitor the network till it dips, slam on your MH machine, and then find a bunch of blocks until the algorithm adjusts to your hashpower. Then you'd switch off, saving money by not using electricity, and wait for it to die down again.

This would wreak havoc on blocktimes.

In other news, a brief glance at the timestamps on moneroblocks.info suggests that the backwards time stamping pool is offline. YAY.

clearly a slow day at work.

We've seen this for awhile now, throw in a pull request. There's no reason (that I can think of) that the addition of a algorithm check cannot be thrown in to que/skip miners to not receive blocks that are low diff (in comparison) if they have not worked on previous higher diff one's within a set timeframe. Sounds like a trivial addition for a hardfork and one that should alleviate gamers of the system.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
In other news, a brief glance at the timestamps on moneroblocks.info suggests that the backwards time stamping pool is offline. YAY.

I just checked my node. Looks like the future timestamp node went offline June 7th. Nice!

Slow work days are a rarity - enjoy!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
weird.

The wave pattern theoretically caused by the 1 minute blocktime seems to have disappeared, but now difficulty seems anything but smooth after the fork.

http://chainradar.com/xmr/chart

as you click through the different coins on chainradar, this seems to be related to the network hashrate - at least the magnitude of the swings.

I ponder if "difficulty sniping" will become a thing at some point. Or difficulty manipulation. Imagine you have a lot of hashpower, like 10 MH.

2.04 - Mon, Jun 6th peak 1:50
1.64 - Mon, Jun 6th bottom 18:33

The delta of those 2 is considerable. I don't feel like doing the math right now, but theoretically your more likely to have a dice roll result that meets the 1.64 difficulty than the 2.04 difficulty, just due to the change in the volume of the "winning" results space, right?

So ultimately, if you have considerable hashrate available that can be switched on and off, you would monitor the network till it dips, slam on your MH machine, and then find a bunch of blocks until the algorithm adjusts to your hashpower. Then you'd switch off, saving money by not using electricity, and wait for it to die down again.

This would wreak havoc on blocktimes.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
"LE36: Roger Ver and Erik Voorhees – Scaling Debate and the Future of Bitcoin" - Monero Mentioned at 29:20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiePk91w6pM#t=29m20s
legendary
Riccardo "Fluffypony" Spagni will speak at the Bitcoin meetup in Johannesburg upcoming Tuesday (June 14):

http://www.meetup.com/The-Johannesburg-Bitcoin-Company/events/231740417/
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

If you read the Kovri logs and are able, I would greatly appreciate some help. This Kovri effort is important. Please respond on forum.getmonero.org I am spending less time on Bitcointalk now and want to encourage more activity in the Monero forums which remain underutilized.

https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/2553/request-for-assistance-with-kovri-gnu-social
legendary
Crosspost:

Some backstory:
About 14 months ago, some acquaintances and I decided to make some pure gold physical XMR coins. I led the effort, and 9 others agreed to "pre-order" 1 each (10 total), which would cover most of the upfront costs. Depending on how things went, the plan was to offer an additional 5-10 (max 20 total) for public sales. Long story short, after many hardships and delays, all coins are in their owners hands and fully funded with 1,000 XMR, save one: a few months ago one of the guys backed out. Due to a variety of factors, I've decided not to make any more of this 2015 series (there may be something new for 2016/2017 in gold and/or platinum though!). This coin (#10) is all there will be for public sales of this series. All coins are vanity-generated to start with "4Au1", "4Au2", etc.

The buyers of coins 1-9 are:

1. luigi1111
2. fluffypony
3. dnaleor
4. binaryFate
5. Lloydimiller4
6. djjacket
7. wpalczynski
8. othe
9. saddambitcoin

This is a "buyer funded" coin, but the funding transaction must be created to my technical specifications. By doing this I can ship the coin unfunded to its final destination and store no private keys, yet still have its funding/spent status provable to a 3rd party. A certificate with all the details necessary to prove funding status is included.

This coin's address is (0/zero doesn't exist in base58):
4Au1oNBDiYCXRjvYUyPCmyWm5mshnZv1cWa6NSK8dxY9LMDT6ZNm4DnYWomuAS3NisZP1YGaYNuGr84KM4fB L9bHMdHT27r

Some pictures:

The coin is quite small, and the text, especially on the obverse didn't turn out as sharp as I wanted, both in pictures and on the coin itself. The date also has an error; it's slightly off its intended location (all 10 coins are like this).

Q&A

Who are you? Why should I trust you?
You shouldn't. The other buyers will vouch for me, however, you should still DYOR.

Do you accept escrow?
Sure, though it's safer to stay away altogether as only roughly 60-70% of the final value can be ensured by escrow.

What is the gold content?
1oz 0.9999 purity

What does it say? I can't read the text.
The obverse says "nenia libereco sen privateco", which is Esperanto for "no freedom without privacy". The reverse says "forto en nombroj", "strength in numbers", and "unu unco .9999 oro", "one ounce .9999 gold".

How does funding work?
The exact final details will be worked out with the buyer. The funding transaction must be constructed in a particular way to match the details at http://au10.llcoins.net/. 1,000 XMR for funding must be in escrow before the coin ships.

How does the coin store Monero?
There is a hexadecimal seed on a piece of paper under the hologram. The digital form was never saved to any disk; the only other paper copy was destroyed after the coins were assembled. To redeem, peel the hologram and enter the seed into the provided conversion utility on the coin's page: http://au10.llcoins.net/. The format of the seed is standard for Monero private keys, not proprietary, so any number of tools could offer conversion if the site were to go offline.

How is this being sold?
By auction, starting now and ending next Friday the 17th at 20:00 UTC (4PM EDT). Bids should be in XMR in minimum increments of 25 (1,000 funding amount not included). A 15-minute grace period applies at the end. I reserve the right to refuse your bid, cancel/move/extend/change the auction, etc.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15120071

just want to vouch for luigi here Smiley

Received my coin in excellent condition. Here are some pics (click to enlarge):

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15120091
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
Sig spammer. Look at post history, a long period of inactivity followed by a bunch of trite comments presumably around the time he registered in his latest signature campaign, then one of newest comments about getting paid for signature campaign.
Ah. That's all I'll say about that Smiley

Anyway, thanks to the devs and frequent supporters for all of your hard work. There were a lot of good questions and answers in the last Monero Ask Anything Mondays and in the dev meeting notes. You guys are on the ball.
Jump to: