Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 668. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 687
Merit: 500
I'm looking for an exchange where I can deposit some XMR and change them to BTC without or with very little fees.
If XMR is falling I wanna change to XMR again and so on.
And then I wanna cash out the coins to my wallets again without or with very little fees.

Anyone knows an exchange that is able to do this without huge amounts of fees?

And without long registrations?

I recommend BITTREX. I switched to them after polo started requiring ID.
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
I'm looking for an exchange where I can deposit some XMR and change them to BTC without or with very little fees.
And then I wanna cash out the coins to my wallets again without or with very little fees.

https://poloniex.com/

Poloniex requires you to identify yourself (so I stopped using them when they started doing that). Try Shapeshift! Smiley

exchanges charge about a quarter percent while shape shift is about 1% although they don't mention their fee.

shape shift requires zero info.  I have been using bittrex which only required an email address but they are going the way of polo. everything is a tradeoff

There is also BTER.  No identification requirements.  Not much volume though. 
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
monero all time was a good coin to trade for me but as long as cryptsy dont work anymore im getting to stress out
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Poloniex requires you to identify yourself (so I stopped using them when they started doing that). Try Shapeshift! Smiley

exchanges charge about a quarter percent while shape shift is about 1% although they don't mention their fee.

shape shift requires zero info.  I have been using bittrex which only required an email address but they are going the way of polo. everything is a tradeoff

Poloniex charges 0.2% on both sides (buyer and seller), or per trade. Thus, if you buy your XMR at first you pay 0.2% of fees. If you subsequently sell them you pay 0.2% again.
Activity: 308
Merit: 109
I have synched with blockchain. I am trying to create a watch only wallet to simlplewallet by this command.
--generate-from-view-key 49bPEMu2NiJCDPAvzDDTJCfcRKcdSmB5P3XFbMbw7m1rJt7cotJeFJEZVhTFguYeQ4TNEvPwAbtF5Ps JQ9iEKz8mH2WmQo3:794d99ba442931954d00de76218f62a85692fbffd544590a0f5d913149fed0a:lookwallet

It is like
--generate-from-view-key address:viewkey:filename

But only this happens.
[wallet 4AT4qA]: --generate-from-view-key 49bPEMu2NiJCDPAvzDDTJCfcRKcdSmB5P3XFbMbw7m1rJt7cotJeFJEZVhTFguYeQ4TNEvPwAbtF5Ps JQ9iEKz8mH2WmQo3:794d99ba442931954d00de76218f62a85692fbffd544590a0f5d913149fed0a:lookwallet
unknown command: --generate-from-view-key 49bPEMu2NiJCDPAvzDDTJCfcRKcdSmB5P3XFbMbw7m1rJt7cotJeFJEZVhTFguYeQ4TNEvPwAbtF5Ps JQ9iEKz8mH2WmQo3:794d99ba442931954d00de76218f62a85692fbffd544590a0f5d913149fed0a:lookwallet
[wallet 4AT4qA]:

What should be done?

$ simplewallet --generate-from-view-key 49bPEMu2NiJCDPAvzDDTJCfcRKcdSmB5P3XFbMbw7m1rJt7cotJeFJEZVhTFguYeQ4TNEvPwAbtF5Ps JQ9iEKz8mH2WmQo3:794d99ba442931954d00de76218f62a85692fbffd544590a0f5d913149fed0a:lookwallet

Ok. I put that command to linux command line inside the folder where simplewallet is. Not to inside running simplewallet software. I gues you ment that. Looks like you are almost right. You just missed dot and slash at the beginning of the command. It should be this way.

$ ./simplewallet --generate-from-view-key 49bPEMu2NiJCDPAvzDDTJCfcRKcdSmB5P3XFbMbw7m1rJt7cotJeFJEZVhTFguYeQ4TNEvPwAbtF5Ps JQ9iEKz8mH2WmQo3:794d99ba442931954d00de76218f62a85692fbffd544590a0f5d913149fed0a:lookwallet
Creating the logger system
Monero 'Hydrogen Helix' (v0.9.1.0-release)
Logging at log level 0 to /home./simplewallet.log
password: *****
Error: --generate-from-view-key needs a address:viewkey:filename triple
$

But till there is some problem. What that triple means at end of the error message?

Are you entering the command all on one line with no extra spaces in between. If you have a line break after AbtF5Ps as shown above or any extra spaces it would not work

So like this:

Code:
$ ./simplewallet --generate-from-view-key 49bPEMu2NiJCDPAvzDDTJCfcRKcdSmB5P3XFbMbw7m1rJt7cotJeFJEZVhTFguYeQ4TNEvPwAbtF5PsJQ9iEKz8mH2WmQo3:794d99ba442931954d00de76218f62a85692fbffd544590a0f5d913149fed0a:lookwallet

Looks like that worked! Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

Thank you.
What is the difference between the "exchange" and "margin trading"?

Ask AmericanPegasus.  Cheesy Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Thank you.

Exchange = Buying/Selling/Trading coins.
Margin Trading = Investopedia because it's too long to explain here.
Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2242
Merit: 3523
Flippin' burgers since 1163.

Activity: 1308
Merit: 508

Activity: 870
Merit: 585

Longer term the manipulation does not matter and both of the above quotes are both true in their own scenarios. I still believe Monero will more likely fail than succeed in its mission, but since the success carries a 1,000x profit tag and failure is only -1x, investing and holding is an easy decision, with the amount being the only variable.
May be time to brush up on the Kelly criterion.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
In my understanding, it's possible to speculate on short term price movements, but then you are prey to manipulators who eg. see information that you don't (margin call levels, ..)

Monero is poised to go higher. I don't know when, but if you consider these points, it's looking very good for the long term (very important) and perhaps even the short-term (not as important, but nice)

&

Monero's poised to be poison for poor suckers who didn't sell yet.

Longer term the manipulation does not matter and both of the above quotes are both true in their own scenarios. I still believe Monero will more likely fail than succeed in its mission, but since the success carries a 1,000x profit tag and failure is only -1x, investing and holding is an easy decision, with the amount being the only variable.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Activity: 337
Activity: 337
The price is still higher than it was 5 days ago.

Monero is poised to go higher. I don't know when, but if you consider these points, it's looking very good for the long term (very important) and perhaps even the short-term (not as important, but nice)

• It's the only major coin that's completely fungible, private, secure, decentralized, and untraceable.
  • The cryptology behind it has been tested and proven. Indeed, it is under constant scrutiny from people/orgs, some of whom are desperately probing for fundamental weaknesses. After much testing, research, and use, it remains solid.
  • More companies and governments are becoming ever more intrusive into the details of our lives. As this continues, the need and demand for a truly private currency will grow.

Monero's poised to be poison for poor suckers who didn't sell yet. Real volume is around 30k. Still has a long way to crash. He who defects first defects best as saying goes. Be my guest and try catching falling poisoned knives on their way to 3-4 million market cap.

Insert cryptocurrency here ---> ____________ poised to be poison for poor suckers who didn't sell yet. Real volume is around 30k. Still has a long way to crash. He who defects first defects best as saying goes. Be my guest and try catching falling poisoned knives on their way to 3-4 million market cap.

People have been saying this shit for the last five years.

I dont suppose you have a brother named Derp?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Well, it looks like I just found another idiot to ignore!

Actually, I can't tell if herp is really that stupid or not... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just consider him stupid. I have more respect for an idiot than someone who purposely spews this crap for his own benefit.
Activity: 294

• It's the only major coin that's completely fungible, private, secure, decentralized, and untraceable.
  • The cryptology behind it has been tested and proven. Indeed, it is under constant scrutiny from people/orgs, some of whom are desperately probing for fundamental weaknesses. After much testing, research, and use, it remains solid.
  • More companies and governments are becoming ever more intrusive into the details of our lives. As this continues, the need and demand for a truly private currency will grow.

Monero's poised to be poison for poor suckers who didn't sell yet. Real volume is around 30k. Still has a long way to crash. He who defects first defects best as saying goes. Be my guest and try catching falling poisoned knives on their way to 3-4 million market cap.
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

Activity: 294
Selloff was expected after that rise... I shorted top and happy to have a much better position in XMR..... Bravo on the SDC bit, it speaks to the intelligence and brain power behind this team.

Expected by all but the poor suckers who bought into this organized hyperinflated pump the Monero devs orchestrated.

Who's gonna give them the lube to lubrify those sore assholes? Are you gonna tend to them?

If I were one of those poor smucks, I'd probably be looking into suing someone for defrauding investors.
Jump to: