Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 854. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
huge commit from Noodle, a lot of respect for your work, thank you!

may i ask if david is still active? never seen him since we toped out   Cheesy

also good to see warptanget commiting, love you all  Kiss
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

**Note: lmdb and berkeley-db have changes to the tables and are not compatible with official git head version.
   At the moment, you need a full resync to use this optimized version.

Using a baseline machine of an i7-2600K+SSD+(with full pow computation):
1. The optimized lmdb/blockhain core can process blocks up to 585K for ~1.25 hours + download time, so it usually takes 2.5 hours to sync the full chain.

^This is why a new tagged release can not be rushed and wow awesome optimizations, this is very fast sync with extreme low RAM usage.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Done and done  Wink
ty GingerAle!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Thanks for the heads up papa_lazzarou.  Smiley
I'm keeping an eye on translation developments both here and on the getmonero forums. I was not opening up a task just yet as the translation framework was still being put in place, but seeing as things are moving a bit faster at the moment, I'll make a post shortly.

Edit: Done. Now I suppose I need to wait for the respective task to be open, eventually accepted, and funding secured.
@GingerAle, please have a look?  Portuguese Translation
Not sure I'm following the expected procedure there  Smiley

Yeah, thats spot on - however, my OP was off... so I edited it. Basically you have to post in the Open Tasks section. It helps tidy things up - for instance, that particular idea thread has a lot of noise.

eventually we'll iron this out Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1154

Thanks for the heads up papa_lazzarou.  Smiley
I'm keeping an eye on translation developments both here and on the getmonero forums. I was not opening up a task just yet as the translation framework was still being put in place, but seeing as things are moving a bit faster at the moment, I'll make a post shortly.

Edit: Done. Now I suppose I need to wait for the respective task to be open, eventually accepted, and funding secured.
@GingerAle, please have a look?  Portuguese Translation
Not sure I'm following the expected procedure there  Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

[ trolling of poor quality ]

Ooh, I wanna play 'feed the silly troll' too!

Not one of my better posts admitedly. Too much use of the word bitching. I will re-phrase:

My problem with XMR is that you have not innovated tech and have no GUI wallet, and yet you satisfy yourselves by bashing Bytecoin and present yourselves as the only option when your scam assertions (while intriguing) remain unproven and Bytecoin continue to push development faster than you. If BCN continue to push development faster than you this will become increasingly embarrasing for Monero and your cries of "premine!" will, for better or worse, fall on deaf ears. Bytecoin have a very slick product which is about to get slicker. You're not out of the woodin yet.

I'd argue that there is a major difference with incentives here. If you're going to work for free, where are you most likely to spend your time? In a company where you own 82% of the stocks, or in a company where you own maybe 0.1%?

Monero devs has to compete for the coins like everybody else. It's only natural that they can't spend as much time working for free as someone who, with roughly 82% premine, benefit massively from even minor price increases.

Aren't the Monero Team full-time? Do they have day jobs? You are implying they'd be working harder/faster with a greater incentive. Could they be doing more? Is it true?

smooth spends an awful lot of time posting on BCT, not that I mind, I enjoy his posts. I assume that each dev holds more than 0.1% - thatd only be ~$4000! Dont they get donations too?

Im inclined to agree with your thought, BCN devs almost certainly do have a greater incentive. This means things may become more embarrassing for XMR as time continues which is regrettable since you're mostly a nice bunch of guys.
Activity: 649
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

Not one of my better posts admitedly. Too much use of the word bitching. I will re-phrase:

My problem with XMR is that you have not innovated tech and have no GUI wallet, and yet you satisfy yourselves by bashing Bytecoin and present yourselves as the only option when your scam assertions (while intriguing) remain unproven and Bytecoin continue to push development faster than you. If BCN continue to push development faster than you this will become increasingly embarrasing for Monero and your cries of "premine!" will, for better or worse, fall on deaf ears. Bytecoin have a very slick product which is about to get slicker. You're not out of the woodin yet.

I'd argue that there is a major difference with incentives here. If you're going to work for free, where are you most likely to spend your time? In a company where you own 82% of the stocks, or in a company where you own maybe 0.1%?

Monero devs has to compete for the coins like everybody else. It's only natural that they can't spend as much time working for free as someone who, with roughly 82% premine, benefit massively from even minor price increases.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Hy there,
in order to get MONERO on more exchanges, i did submit a coinvote on cryptopia.co.nz
Let's see what the moderators of the exchange will do in the next few weeks.

I'll keep you updated on this matter  Grin

Hy ladies and gents  Grin
[XMR] Monero is on voting at cryptopia.co.nz
If you have interest on getting Monero there, please vote, you can vote ONCE/DAY  Cool Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink

Thank you. Hope to see Monero on more exchanges soon
any updates for Cryptsy or BTC38?

You are welcome  Cheesy
Take a look at https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
BTC38 -> write a mail to their support with the wish to get Monero listed  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Activity: 686
Hy there,
in order to get MONERO on more exchanges, i did submit a coinvote on cryptopia.co.nz

If you have interest on getting Monero there, please vote, you can vote ONCE/DAY  Cool Shocked Grin Cheesy Wink

Thank you. Hope to see Monero on more exchanges soon
any updates for Cryptsy or BTC38?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Hy there,

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Figured some monero-aholics would be interested in this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11881938

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
I protest too much therefore I must be who I say I'm not.

Your perry woodin's, wanderlic's pseudo logic turned against you--Muuuhhahhahhaaaa  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

1) Name is intentionally lame for ironic hipster cred (*orders bright yellow Hulkamania tshirt*)
2) bitching in other threads is the point of bitcointalk
3) bitching about coins is the other point of bitcointalk
4) bitching in general is the overall point of bitcointalk
5) attacking other alts is an honored tradition of the sub
6) Monero doesn't need "innovated tech."  We have wild mustangs!
7) this is the same as number 3.  are you Rick "trouble counting past two" Perry?  Oops!
smiley face) We have official mascot; no need for official wallet.
9) wait, I missed the BBQ!?!  OMG
10) Monero is well distributed, directly into Risto's grubby paws
11) Monero has so little trade volume, who cares where it's at?
12) I missed the idol worship.  was it during the BBQ? sad face!1!!!1!
13) smug is the new humble; also - wild mustangs | your argument is invalid
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
There is an experienced translator offering to help us with Arabic translations

https://forum.getmonero.org/6/ideas/327/website-and-core-translations?page=&noscroll=1#post-1421

This seems like a good thing for the Monero community. Worldwide adoption requires translation into many languages

so first it needs to be an Open Task, which I've done here

https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/339/task-arabic-translations

now the dude needs to pitch in that thread (just copy and paste).

Then we all need to go "yay" (if we think his work is good) and then it moves to the funding thread.

not really the best publicity for monero, but what to do Roll Eyes

regarding price, dont know if we can go up yet, still feels weak to me. a new tagged release has to be released soon, its about time i guess:)
very happy to see the funding platform working and the money coming in, very good! lets not always talk about price, yes an anon currency is being developed, but its also just a piece of software. focus should stay on developement, database and minimum mixing for the win, you all know it.

many seem to think the same: https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/334/fund-a-developer-moneromoo-will-work-part-time-on-monero-for-260-hours-over-approx-6-months

good job devs, i like the funding system a lot!

I like the funding system too.

Would it be wise to start a new thread on Bitcointalk seeking coders, translators, PR experts to submit funding proposals?  I think that there are many skilled people who would like to join a great team and earn some income but may not yet be aware of Monero.

The funding system can be used to attract talented people outside of the current Monero community. What do you think?

I agree, but I think we should let it grow organically. I think in the beginning we are all gung ho to fund development, so we might not fully scrutinize people pitching their talents. Luckily, as it stands, its mostly internal or those that know about Monero to begin with (so they are believers and they won't just try to scam us).

Hi. I'm the Arabic translator mentioned above and I'm glad to meet you. I've been asked by the member XMRChina to submit a reply here to introduce myself. Anything you want to know about my offer can now be seen on the Arabic translation open task.
https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/339/task-arabic-translations

Thank you for joining our community. I hope the community supports your translations plans just like they supported the recently started Chinese translation work.
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Hi Nerds!

And so why don’t I invest in Monero?

Good question.

(in no particular order)

1) Impossibly bad name (no, it’s not cool). Esperanto sucks.
2) Bitching in other threads
3) Bitching about BCN
4) Bitching about CN
5) Basically bitching about anything non-Monero (“All hail XMR”)
6) Monero has not innovated tech. This is a big one.
7) Monero bitch about those who did (BCN). Lacks class.
Cool No GUI wallet. kudos BCN for theirs.
9) Ginger cats, BBQ and trips to Amsterdam - do we care?
10) Pretending Monero is “well-distributed”.
11) All Monero trade volume on one exchange (Polo)
12) Worshipping idols of rethink-your-strategy. Yawn.
13) Being Smug Without True Innovation

1) What do you consider to be a good name? Don't have one? You're useless.
2) Post examples or you're full of shit.
3) Again, who specifically are you referring to? Straw man arguments only make you look stupid.
4) More nonsense. If you can't provide examples, you contribute nothing.
5) Same old shit from you... I'm still waiting for you to actually criticize the project, and not it's supporters.
6) This may be true, but wait... XMR isn't a scam, unlike BCN... and even monkeys don't buy your counter-arguments.
7) You still can't criticize the project... the best you can do is complain about people.
Cool You're right. This is true, and it's your only valid criticism. XMR needs a GUI. It's been long enough.
9) Still criticizing the people. Is there any lack of activity in the Github repo? I didn't think so.
10) Who's pretending? If you can't back up your arguments, you're a fraud.
11) Feel free to prove that "all" Monero trade volume is on one exchange.
12) Still can't make a real argument?
13) I guess not.

So far you have proven to be a useless, non-contributor. I invite you to support the project with some form of constructive criticism, or go away.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
Perry Woodin
Perry is not a known identity, I never played Quidditch with him, and Harold is not the Dutch for Wood (altho Harold does get Wood)

they may be actually aliens on a dangerous mission to destroy human anonymity by disparaging the best choice for privacy with a distracting FUD attackalien! It must be a sign!"). Next up: is rethink-your-strategy Samuel L. Jackson?

Hi Nerds!

Good question.

(in no particular order)

3) Bitching about BCN
4) Bitching about CN

Shadowcash shill?  

Bytecoin was the original implementation of the cryptonote innovation, but it is unworkable as a currency.  The low adoption and shadow mining have crippled it's privacy features.  Monero is the second valid implementation of cryptonote, and one that has maintained transparency and honesty from the outset.  

We know that CN is vastly superior to public blockchains, but by your logic no currency should ever be proud to feature a technology but the original implementation.   Since the original implementation is fatally flawed, should we give up on CN forever?  

Of course not.  Monero is the obvious next step.  

Please name one other alt with the same features and potential as Monero.  You can't.
Perry Woodin
Perry is not a known identity, I never played Quidditch with him, and Harold is not the Dutch for Wood (altho Harold does get Wood)

they may be actually aliens on a dangerous mission to destroy human anonymity by disparaging the best choice for privacy with a distracting FUD attackalien! It must be a sign!"). Next up: is rethink-your-strategy Samuel L. Jackson?

Hi Nerds!

Good question.

(in no particular order)

3) Bitching about BCN
4) Bitching about CN

Jump to: