Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 858. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitcoin's fungibility dismissed (again) -> http://cointelegraph.com/news/114806/mint-exchange-service-for-newly-mined-coins-rebuffs-bitcoins-fungibility?ref=2991&ref=2604

Another reason to use a truly fungible currency.

Hopefully the people reading the article will understand its implications and start noticing the ability of Monero to solve these issues.

This is an exciting time for Monero. I am happy to see more and more community members get directly involved in Monero related projects and spreading the word
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
This guy again...?  Roll Eyes
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
googled translate sabel as in Sabelnikov. i believe you'll find it interesting and possibly of relevance to the origins of all CN coins.ty
I think it's fair to say Sabelnikov is van Saberhagen (or a part of van Saberhagen). If true this has massive ramifications.
See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11852108
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I thought maybe some of the instamine hodlers would distribute OTC Cheesy

I'm not worried about pennies but i don't like drawdown; hope you understand i'm not a baller  Grin

I wish monero team and project much luck in the future

cheers

You must have your coins mixed up.

I think you might be getting confused with another coin. There are plenty of instamined coins in the world, but Monero is not one of them.

LOL, beat me to it!
Activity: 337
Merit: 250
Translation project has been pitched and accepted.  Now the funding starts. If you find this project deserving of funding please head on over to the below forum link and donate.

https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required/329/translation-of-content-on-getmonero-org
legendary
The "official GUI" argument is becoming valid because there is a minimum level of expectation that comes to user experience that sooner or later we have to address. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a basic GUI bundled in the release. In fact it's unreasonable to expect Monero's user base to continue to grow without one.

^^This.

I am of the impression the reason the GUI has been continually delayed is for Monero's PTB to accumulate. Which I really have no problem with as I'm looking for cheap coins myself. Smiley

i doubt it for the simple reason that specific technical milestones have never had a direct and major impact on the price. The price is going to do what its going to do over a long period of time based on many factors. The idea that the price is low because no GUI and suddenly once the PTB have acquired their stash and the GUI is released the price will be high is pretty silly.

Most of the times I would agree with the bolded part, however with the GUI I think it's kind of different. Many people have stated openly and privately that they are waiting on the sidelines and will get in, or increase their position, once an official GUI is released. Also, some betting sites (e.g. DirectBet) have stated that they will integrate Monero if an official GUI is released, which consequently would raise adoption and thus the price. Don't get me wrong, this isn't me pressing the core team to release a GUI or to label one as official, since I think you guys are doing a great job and are in the best position to determine which "design goals" deserve priority. Just stating my opinion on this matter.

That the PTB are keeping down the price and stalling the release of the GUI is nonsense in my opinion. I rather wait until we have solid fundamentals in place before releasing a GUI. Furthermore, a too early release of the official GUI could also backfire.
legendary

I think you might be getting confused with another coin. There are plenty of instamined coins in the world, but Monero is not one of them.

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy

I don't know whether you are serious or not. Anyway, for comparison:

http://devtome.com./doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#monero
&
http://devtome.com./doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins#darkcoin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

If you thought it was instamined, why would you even want it? It's like admitting the coin is just BTC trading fodder and the devs never seriously thought it could compete.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Hy there,
in order to get MONERO on more exchanges, i did submit a coinvote on cryptopia.co.nz
Let's see what the moderators of the exchange will do in the next few weeks.

I'll keep you updated on this matter  Grin
Activity: 784

I'm not worried about pennies but i don't like drawdown; hope you understand i'm not a baller  Grin

I wish monero team and project much luck in the future

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
How one is supposed to buy 10btc worth of xmr?

I'm considering it but won't spend hours on exchanges buyin them 1 buy 1.

Cheers

you can do that with a single market buy on polo for an average of about 0.0019 right now.  Or, somebody was offering a bot service to do this for you on a daily averaging basis, if you are worried about the pennies.

A market buy on Polo would currently net you 5185 xmr.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
The "official GUI" argument is becoming valid because there is a minimum level of expectation that comes to user experience that sooner or later we have to address. I don't think it's unreasonable to have a basic GUI bundled in the release. In fact it's unreasonable to expect Monero's user base to continue to grow without one.

^^This.

I am of the impression the reason the GUI has been continually delayed is for Monero's PTB to accumulate. Which I really have no problem with as I'm looking for cheap coins myself. Smiley

i doubt it for the simple reason that specific technical milestones have never had a direct and major impact on the price. The price is going to do what its going to do over a long period of time based on many factors. The idea that the price is low because no GUI and suddenly once the PTB have acquired their stash and the GUI is released the price will be high is pretty silly.

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

Cheers

you can do that with a single market buy on polo for an average of about 0.0019 right now.  Or, somebody was offering a bot service to do this for you on a daily averaging basis, if you are worried about the pennies.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
TPTB_need_war is asking about I2p integration and Monero.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11842826

Is there a donation address for I2P integration?

Not that I'm aware of but you could create a crowdfunding task for it on the forum.
Activity: 784

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
About brain wallets are not so secure after all, and its all your fault:
http://www.wired.com/2015/07/brainflayer-password-cracker-steals-bitcoins-brain/

Fortunately, the implementation of electrum style seeds in monero wallets gives us (kinda) the same ease of use and much stronger security.

Brain wallets are fine. All you have to do is make it a combination of randomly generated string that's short enough to be memorized, a more traditional pass-phrase (your mothers maiden name + your fathers birthday + your favorite candy, or how ever normal people make passwords), and then something public domain tacked on the end to add some entropy almost for free. Ezpz and no "brainflayer" is going to ever crack that.

Additionally you can use multiple applications of a hash function (a very large number that you remember), so that it takes an hour or even a day or so to go through on a regular machine. It's intrinsically sequential, you can't speed it up by parallelizing, and if you use multiple hashing functions you're likely protected from asics. All this is just few lines in bash.
Plus it has the side effect that you must wait a day to get your funds, so you won't spend it drunk Wink
Jump to: