Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 932. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Question: If I transfer my XMR to the MyMonero webwallet, is it possible to import private key (passphrase) into a standalone wallet later on ?

this will answer your question: http://forum.getmonero.org/5/support/279/restore-mymonero-to-simplewallet?page=&noscroll=1#post-1099
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042
Question: If I transfer my XMR to the MyMonero webwallet, is it possible to import private key (passphrase) into a standalone wallet later on ?
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
UPDATE TO MONERO: ShapeShift has re-launched Monero on the exchange. Buy/sell with XMR on shapeshift.io

Update: XMR is down on shapeshift

Try a hard refresh of the page. XMR is live and operational.
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
UPDATE TO MONERO: ShapeShift has re-launched Monero on the exchange. Buy/sell with XMR on shapeshift.io

Update: XMR is down on shapeshift

Edit: Back up
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Anyword on the GUI wallet? Any rough estimate on how far out that might be?

Your answer is in the wiki.

Link? I couldnt find the wiki link

I think he meant this -> https://forum.getmonero.org/1/news-announcements-and-editorials/190/editorial-why-is-the-official-gui-wallet-not-released-yet

Anyway, on the dogedradio interview devs said it will probably be released within 6 months and certainly this year. That interview was in March.

Devs: If this isn't correct, please correct me.

Link? I couldnt find the wiki link
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Very interesting, thx!
Could you upload it for sharing, or maybe send it privately?

the data isn't "clean" (not very usefull organized + with some dutch in it), but i will open source (google docs) once I did it properly and double checked the data.
In the meantime, if you want some sort of chart, just PM Smiley
Activity: 149
Merit: 0
Maybe someone is interested in these charts about XMR versus BTC emission and inflation

linear chart:

http://i.gyazo.com/45f8890d4d887f3d9ed095301ee0b9f5.png

log chart:

http://i.gyazo.com/f30851e8d3ce874014fe8410c558913a.png

I have the data in excel, if someone wants a specific chart made or some info, just send me a PM Smiley
PS: according to my calculations, the 0.3 minimum block reward will kick in around may 31 2022

Very interesting, thx!
Could you upload it for sharing, or maybe send it privately?
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
I posted over at getmonero.com forum, but I will link to the thread here.

Re: Funding a physical Monero using a wallet derived from codes on the side of the coin - can it currently be done?:
https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/221/creating-a-standard-for-physical-coins
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
With all the ideas for a simple node server for cheap why not build one that gives a few extra mining options but keeps price low for those just wanting a node, wallet and simple miner.

AMD ATHLON MINI PC
Node, Wallet, Miner (with mining expansion options) Base unit $190

Since the new release will have the built in miner feature you can take advantage of 2 of the Athlons 4 cores assuming the 8.8.7 release supports this.  Mine with 2 cores and run the system with the other 2 cores.  This way someone could build a small PC that could run the wallet, node and miner all in one with extra mining options.  I priced out some parts and this build would be most useful to Windows folks that aren’t as tech savvy but want to support the network and get involved.

Add a nice GPU to the available PCI Express slot on the motherboard and get a little more mining power with a 3rd party GPU miner installed. With 430w of power I doubt this motherboard with RAM and SSD will pull more than 100w leaving 330w open for a nice GPU.  You could up the power supply rating if you wanted to run a very high end GPU.

-MSI AM1I AM1 2 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard ($30)
-MD Sempron 3850 Kabini Quad-Core 1.3GHz Socket AM1 25W ($30)
-Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply ($45)
-Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 ($35)
-Corsair Force CSSD-F120GB2B/RF2 2.5" 120GB SSD ($50)
All priced through New Egg

OPTION MINING ADD ON
-Any Nvidia or AMD GPU card.

Anyway I don’t claim to be an expert and assuming the new DB reduces the RAM usage in Windows environment this might be a nice option for someone starting out and getting to know Monero.  I might just have to build one of these and try it out once the new release is out and stable.

Have you checked out this thread -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-what-hardware-and-software-do-you-use-to-mine-the-monero-xmr-1035694  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!
Maybe someone is interested in these charts about XMR versus BTC emission and inflation

linear chart:

log chart:

I have the data in excel, if someone wants a specific chart made or some info, just send me a PM Smiley
PS: according to my calculations, the 0.3 minimum block reward will kick in around may 31 2022
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
what's the recommended minimum number of confirmations a site should use before crediting deposits?

Ideally, the answer should depend on the amount, there is no general answer. Confirmations just lower the probability to be double-spent, so you should just ask enough so that you're confortable with that probability and your users are confortable waiting for the required amount of time.

A gentle general reminder to all: be extra, extra careful with "investing" any significant amount. AFAIK the Cryptocoins-Dice.com guy got away with his scam, and there are all reasons to believe it was not his first dice scam, and is not going to be the last one.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
hey guys, short question:

what's the recommended minimum number of confirmations a site should use before crediting deposits? I know that poloniex takes ~16(?) confirmations, but that always feels like a little bit too much.

reason I'm asking: https://i.imgur.com/e3BcgAU.jpg

15 confirmations is ok for me. It feels too much because I am sure they are refreshing not every millisecond and we don't know how they crediting system behave. There are also network variance can take it's place so 15 confirmations = 15 minutes can turn into 20 or even more just like it can take 5 minutes.
Activity: 306
Merit: 251
With all the ideas for a simple node server for cheap why not build one that gives a few extra mining options but keeps price low for those just wanting a node, wallet and simple miner.

AMD ATHLON MINI PC
Node, Wallet, Miner (with mining expansion options) Base unit $190

Since the new release will have the built in miner feature you can take advantage of 2 of the Athlons 4 cores assuming the 8.8.7 release supports this.  Mine with 2 cores and run the system with the other 2 cores.  This way someone could build a small PC that could run the wallet, node and miner all in one with extra mining options.  I priced out some parts and this build would be most useful to Windows folks that aren’t as tech savvy but want to support the network and get involved.

Add a nice GPU to the available PCI Express slot on the motherboard and get a little more mining power with a 3rd party GPU miner installed. With 430w of power I doubt this motherboard with RAM and SSD will pull more than 100w leaving 330w open for a nice GPU.  You could up the power supply rating if you wanted to run a very high end GPU.

-MSI AM1I AM1 2 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Mini ITX AMD Motherboard ($30)
-MD Sempron 3850 Kabini Quad-Core 1.3GHz Socket AM1 25W ($30)
-Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply ($45)
-Crucial 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 ($35)
-Corsair Force CSSD-F120GB2B/RF2 2.5" 120GB SSD ($50)
All priced through New Egg

OPTION MINING ADD ON
-Any Nvidia or AMD GPU card.

Anyway I don’t claim to be an expert and assuming the new DB reduces the RAM usage in Windows environment this might be a nice option for someone starting out and getting to know Monero.  I might just have to build one of these and try it out once the new release is out and stable.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

what's the recommended minimum number of confirmations a site should use before crediting deposits? I know that poloniex takes ~16(?) confirmations, but that always feels like a little bit too much.

Cool site.

I would think that 8 confirmations would be sufficient. But, maybe someone else will tell us why that number is too low.

Its not low, I would go with a max of 10, thats the time of 1 btc confirmation (actually should be a lot less)
Activity: 644
Merit: 502

Cool site.

I would think that 8 confirmations would be sufficient. But, maybe someone else will tell us why that number is too low.
legendary
Activity: 874
monero

Jump to: