Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 954. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
You don't even care. I know for a fact all developers combined don't hold more than 100k xmr. You have no incentive to continue work on xmr so please leave and let others/my team take over...

I can say for a fact that you don't know that for a fact.

The rest of your criticism was valid in that it was opinion, but this is just made up.

No its not. I've got an insider... Its way less than 100k actually, unless one of you is a liar.

Is your "insider" the fact that Fluffypony has openly stated a rough estimate of how much the core team holds?

The fud is strong in this one, Luke.

May the fud be with you.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
You don't even care. I know for a fact all developers combined don't hold more than 100k xmr. You have no incentive to continue work on xmr so please leave and let others/my team take over...

The rest of your criticism was valid in that it was opinion, but this is just made up.

No its not. I've got an insider... Its way less than 100k actually, unless one of you is a liar.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

As far as "your team" (assuming such a thing even exists) taking over, if there were any indication that the community wanted that we would hand it over. We work for them. Don't hold your breath.

If you have a great team and you think coin development is something worthwhile you should go and start your own coin though.
legendary
1. Just your estimate, when will Monero toolchain, with new database included, be released? As I've read latest, LMDB support implementation is ready, but there are performance issues with LMDB under Windows (under Linux, performance seems to be good enough).

The code is merged to master and it does work -- you can clone it and test -- but there are various edge cases, lingering problems with the conversion tools, etc. This is a major change and before an official release all the final details need to be cleaned up. I don't have a date for that.

2. Are you satisfied by donations, especially donations from mining pools? Do that pools declared they make donations, actually do them with percentage given?

I don't know the situation with the mining pools.

As for the donations generally I don't know that we have an official position, except to say that more would always help, and all donations are appreciated, but that small increases don't change anything qualitatively (in the sense of hiring people full time and such).

Personally I'm very pleased with the support we get from the community. The total value of the coin is still pretty small. Businesses that are based on or use Monero are still limited in number and still small, so we can't really expect a lot from them either (though CK is notable in having contributed significantly, despite not even really being launched yet). So expectations should be modest and overall I'd say the donations have exceeded my expectations.

legendary
Feels so good to know I dumped 40k at 0.0039 Smiley

Respect

The truth is Monero still has pretty high emission which means price pumps carry their own risks in terms of increased daily mining output (as measured in BTC/fiat) that needs to be absorbed or dumped. So going from 0.001 to 0.004 means that load is increased 4x. If sustained buying demand keeps up, there is no problem, but if it doesn't, then it is a selling opportunity. More discussion on trading should go the speculation thread though.

Monero is a shitcoin and that won't change unless competent developers take over. You guys are clowns. Mere copycats. You can't even compile static bins.
legendary

Respect

The truth is Monero still has pretty high emission which means price pumps carry their own risks in terms of increased daily mining output (as measured in BTC/fiat) that needs to be absorbed or dumped. So going from 0.001 to 0.004 means that load is increased 4x. If sustained buying demand keeps up, there is no problem, but if it doesn't, then it is a selling opportunity. More discussion on trading should go the speculation thread though.

legendary
Welcome back primer-

<3 <3 <3

Welcome back 0.001  Grin Grin

rif
Activity: 118
Merit: 102
for some reason, the price falls, who knows?
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
Bytecoin still not shown as premine, it's a shame because it's the most scammy of all.

It was. Some shills from bytecoin complained and they have no backbone so they took it off. Probably will happen with dash too, although at least with that one, there are actual quotes from the developer acknowledging the problem.

Looks like you were right; Dash is no longer marked as pre-mined.

Could we leave the Dash Talk to the Dash Thread or CMC where it is ONtopic , and the Monero talk here?
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Bytecoin still not shown as premine, it's a shame because it's the most scammy of all.

It was. Some shills from bytecoin complained and they have no backbone so they took it off. Probably will happen with dash too, although at least with that one, there are actual quotes from the developer acknowledging the problem.

Looks like you were right; Dash is no longer marked as pre-mined.
Activity: 453
Merit: 500
hello world
I would like to announce that today i payed my lunch with monero:)

yeah i also spent monero allready. mostly to friends i owe money to, so i pay my debt with monero if they like Grin one of them has over 1k allready Cheesy
good job, thats how we create them bagholders
Activity: 500
Merit: 500

How, where?

Forgot my wallet home today, one of my co-workers payed my lunch, i payed him in monero Smiley 18 moneros total

Its an easy way to spread the word

And it's cheaper than 2 pizzas @10000btc  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
idea for fixing the IRC name scammer problem:

I don't know at which level this would be integrated.

But basically just find a way to take a hash of the user name and display it (or some variation of it, some interpretation of it) alongside the user name.

So that way, hash of fluffypony will look different than fIuffypony

it'll look like fluffypony-3hjkd903jk  vs  fIuffypony-012e9hkj3r

but of course I guess there's prolly a way to still scam it, and people who don't know jack squat would still get scammed. Ah well.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

How, where?

Forgot my wallet home today, one of my co-workers payed my lunch, i payed him in monero Smiley 18 moneros total

Its an easy way to spread the word
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
If anybody would like to see a video of a CK building rendered in 3d, check out this link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11220154

I very much liked the idea of designing it conceptually it in minecraft, it gives some depth to CK for sure.

If only I could be a real person in the game and do fun things like build Sad

At least now you've given me an idea to do stuff while waiting Cheesy

That is exactly the reason I did it--it's something to do while waiting!
G2M
Activity: 280
Activity: 616
If anybody would like to see a video of a CK building rendered in 3d, check out this link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11220154

I very much liked the idea of designing it conceptually it in minecraft, it gives some depth to CK for sure.

If only I could be a real person in the game and do fun things like build Sad

At least now you've given me an idea to do stuff while waiting Cheesy
legendary
I'm a Firestarter!
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

You may be the first! Untraceable chow!

The gov may send someone by to make sure your still alive as you haven't been eating. Tongue
Activity: 406

How, where?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Jump to: