Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 958. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 768
Merit: 505
in a week price down of 40% - why?

Not as much growth in the "posable gmaxwell doll" sector as we expected. Someone should fire the VP of Marketing and replace him with someone with a man like Primer- who really knows what this industry needs.

Speaking of... haven´t seen David in a while, is he off on vacation?
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Not as much growth in the "posable gmaxwell doll" sector as we expected. Someone should fire the VP of Marketing and replace him with someone with a man like Primer- who really knows what this industry needs.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
High inflation prevents bubbles? Just a guess. Also, it seems like a bunch of people sold with the intent to buy back at a cheaper price.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
beans

I am blessed to be in New Orleans for jazz fest right now and simply feel at one with the universe, hence
Smiley

Jealous!

Stuck in the bitter northeast for a few weeks, it just snowed here the day before yesterday  Angry

Hehe but of course, there were times yesterday where I was sure I would've loved to swap places with you a bit, to be in a nice warm cozy home (read: safe!!), let me tell ya

Funny, that life Smiley

P.S.: Spring is coming!
G2M
Activity: 280
Activity: 616
beans

I am blessed to be in New Orleans for jazz fest right now and simply feel at one with the universe, hence
Smiley

Jealous!

Stuck in the bitter northeast for a few weeks, it just snowed here the day before yesterday  Angry
legendary
beans

Smiley

Indeed! Get yo' ass out from in front o' the PC and get your dancin feet on the street!!! Amazing place, that new orleans. Get a red fish meuniere from coops. And there's a place next door that'll make a killer ginger mint julep.

Hehe I gotta give my dancing shoes a break for a bit or else I'll run the soul down too quick Wink

I'll keep an eye for the coops out my man, haven't tried it yet, thank ya Smiley

And P.S.: this city has been missing you!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
beans

Smiley

Indeed! Get yo' ass out from in front o' the PC and get your dancin feet on the street!!! Amazing place, that new orleans. Get a red fish meuniere from coops. And there's a place next door that'll make a killer ginger mint julep.
legendary
beans

Smiley

Activity: 141
Merit: 100
My RPi-2B still syncs... day 8 or so; still 322 days behind.

Is the new RPi too slow to do it?

The code is being optimized and will likely improve a lot. As you point out it does work though, which is a nice first step.

Yes, it does work nicely! Very good work :-) and big thanks!!

Works well on Archlinuxarm CuBox i4.

Good work - stable and still syncing  Tongue
G2M
I really feel for this community in the same ways I do for the human beans that help build Ubuntu, etc.

for the human beans

beans

Tongue Tongue
G2M
I don't know about smooth, but I have some time in my hands that I cannot use for CK atm, so please vote what I should do next!  Smiley

Could we call it MasterVotes?

Or MasterSmooths?

We can call em MallaNodes Cheesy

Just rolls off the tongue!
legendary
I really feel for this community in the same ways I do for the human beans that help build Ubuntu, etc.

Thank you (again) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Connecting from the new db build to port 18081 on local causes the synced node to spit out this:

I'm not sure, maybe a Windows-specific issue. I only use Linux and I just tried it again, everything worked fine.

Smooth has other priorities right now other than development: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11190687

I'm very glad these guys are calling our scams when they see them.  The reason the whole cryptosphere is in pretty bad shape and has a negative reputation among the masses is people like you and your fellow DASH cohorts led by EVAN.

Until we weed out scammers such as yourself from this environment no cryptocurrencies have a real chance to succeed and become mainstream.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I don't know about smooth, but I have some time in my hands that I cannot use for CK atm, so please vote what I should do next!  Smiley
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Yeah, he's also really up to his ears in bitcoin stuff too:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11191190

To think he spent even a modicum of time on something other than development!

Hey let's all pool 1k monero together, and vote on things we want him to do. One vote per every thousand Monero

Oh wait, that's not a representative vote, because of power law distribution we'd have maybe 200 people voting and thousands of people that wanted to vote.

If there was only a legitimate way of coming up with a vote on what we all think smooth should do next!

Could we call it MasterVotes?

Or MasterSmooths?
G2M
Lol, I was thrown off for a second, the quote only links this part of the url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapley

Even better though, we could set up a soon-to-be totally decentralized reference node to mandate that all of these voters receive just under 50% of all future block subsidies forever.

That way, as the most likely buyer in the first place, I never have to buy the currency outright (I mean - they'll just hand me money because I tell them they need me and stuffs) while at the same time giving myself a guaranteed ROI that doubles as increased free voting power! I won't even have to take bribes or charge fees for votes (but I will Wink )!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Hey let's all pool 1k monero together, and vote on things we want him to do. One vote per every thousand Monero

Even better, let's have the 35% (hypothetically) instamined Monero vote as a bloc, maybe along with a few whales. Voting is democratic after all, so the whole thing is totally fair. Totally.

As k increases, his power increases disproportionately until it approaches half the total vote and he gains virtually all the power

EDIT: fixed link
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
My RPi-2B still syncs... day 8 or so; still 322 days behind.

Is the new RPi too slow to do it?

The code is being optimized and will likely improve a lot. As you point out it does work though, which is a nice first step.

Yes, it does work nicely! Very good work :-) and big thanks!!
Jump to: