Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 960. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
TY oblox but what part of drooling masses don't you understand? Grin

Has anybody actually built the windows version?

I am looking forward to running a node again.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Dear Devs,
When might the drooling masses like me who use windows expect the DB?  As there is little I can do to help I have once again donated a little something this past week.

It's technically available right now with it merged into master if you want to build it yourself. Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck getting an already synced blockchain to convert (whether exporting and importing or running the converter, all on an octacore, 16gb ddr3 tower).
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I wonder, in order to have osCommerce plugin for monero like bitcoin has all we need is the viewkey thing?
legendary
Activity: 1624
I wonder how much of the transient fickle voice in Monero threads represents the whole picture.  And don't get me wrong.  I am not badmouthing those who are selling.  It's their money.  Who am I to tell them what to do with it.  And I am not just talking about the bears.

It seems the emotional tides roll in and out so much with relatively small (in crypto terms) price movements...  10-20% one way or the other and suddenly people are talking about buying yachts, or staging funerals depending on the direction.  Others think these people are trying to manipulate the markets... I don't really buy this.  Maybe so, but they don't seem very good at it.  I follow their claimed trades and they tend to be on the losing end if they are telling the truth.

But I feel like for every 1 of these very vocal personalities there are X people like me.  Not terribly concerned with price.  Interested on being on the front end of a +EV bet from an "investment" standpoint willing to lose most of it, and also interested in the unique technology behind the cryptonight leader.  And desirous to help in some small way to serve the community.

What do you think X is in that equation??

X=10  (Based on not much)

Time to sell all xmr? ;'(((((

Yes i would say so Undecided
Today i have sold my last xmr.
Sorry guys, but i think we are still in a downtrend

Right on cue Cheesy

The last XMR I bought was today.  Have never had more.

Dear Devs,
When might the drooling masses like me who use windows expect the DB?  As there is little I can do to help I have once again donated a little something this past week.
legendary
Activity: 1260

What is a downtrend? When people like you keep selling it goes down, very simple, Dont say its just a downtrend

As someone who's been watching this coin closely for quite some time (almost a year?), I can say It rises and falls (within .30 cents+/-) now and again, but to me it's a lot like BTC back in the early days - If your not in it long, you probably don't want to deal with the "price-stress" as I call it sometimes. Sure, you can make money off the highs, and lose on the lows, it's like any other coin, but it's not like a real p&d coin to me. it' too slow in movement usually. You need to have a lot of patience for XMR. Wink

Personally, I think it has a lot going for it, that's why I stick with it to be honest.

i'd hope it was no more than a year! then you'd have pre-launch coin watching abilities!

re: price stress - thats why I worked with onemorexmr to create buymonero.net . The boy buys a little every day.

Of course, this doesn't fully prevent me from wondering what the price is on a day to day basis. Just negates the whole "well, shoulda bought yesterday" or "shouldn't have bought yesterday" feeling.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

What is a downtrend? When people like you keep selling it goes down, very simple, Dont say its just a downtrend

As someone who's been watching this coin closely for quite some time (almost a year?), I can say It rises and falls (within .30 cents+/-) now and again, but to me it's a lot like BTC back in the early days - If your not in it long, you probably don't want to deal with the "price-stress" as I call it sometimes. Sure, you can make money off the highs, and lose on the lows, it's like any other coin, but it's not like a real p&d coin to me. it' too slow in movement usually. You need to have a lot of patience for XMR. Wink

Personally, I think it has a lot going for it, that's why I stick with it to be honest.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
All I want is a new CLEAN page for just to live!

I wait price up 3k 2.9k then sell Undecided
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Activity: 400
Merit: 263
guys dos monero have GUI wallet or just simple wallet

You can check out the currently available wallets here How to choose a Monero wallet
Activity: 768
Merit: 505

Not an official by the core devs... but people say the MoneroX GUI is pretty good
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
G2M
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 616

HAHAHA

oh god the comments!

"And she said: Are you glad to see me or is that just rigor mortis?"
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Activity: 448
Merit: 255

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
I wonder how much of the transient fickle voice in Monero threads represents the whole picture.  And don't get me wrong.  I am not badmouthing those who are selling.  It's their money.  Who am I to tell them what to do with it.  And I am not just talking about the bears.

It seems the emotional tides roll in and out so much with relatively small (in crypto terms) price movements...  10-20% one way or the other and suddenly people are talking about buying yachts, or staging funerals depending on the direction.  Others think these people are trying to manipulate the markets... I don't really buy this.  Maybe so, but they don't seem very good at it.  I follow their claimed trades and they tend to be on the losing end if they are telling the truth.

But I feel like for every 1 of these very vocal personalities there are X people like me.  Not terribly concerned with price.  Interested on being on the front end of a +EV bet from an "investment" standpoint willing to lose most of it, and also interested in the unique technology behind the cryptonight leader.  And desirous to help in some small way to serve the community.

What do you think X is in that equation??
legendary
Activity: 1260
 It seems that ring sig (and this particular case also zero knowledge proof) is something that really appeals researchers from all over the world:

One-out-of-Many Proofs: Or How to Leak a Secret and Spend a Coin
Jens Groth and Markulf Kohlweiss
https://eprint.iacr.org/2014/764
https://www.benthamsgaze.org/2015/04/23/one-out-of-many-proofs-or-how-to-leak-a-secret-and-spend-a-coin/

Quote from: Jens Groth
I’m going to EUROCRYPT 2015 to present a new zero-knowledge proof that I’ve developed together with Markulf Kohlweiss from Microsoft Research. Zero-knowledge proofs enable you to demonstrate that a particular statement is true without revealing anything else than the fact it is true. In our case the statements are one-out-of-many statements, intuitively that out of a number of items one of them has a special property, and we greatly reduce the size of the proofs compared to previous works in the area. Two applications where one-out-of-many proofs come in handy are ring signatures and Zerocoin.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
I've only used http://xmr.to once, but it was really fast and worked well. I was able to send from polo -> xmr.to -> giftoff.com to buy a giftcard and it all went according to plan. Muahahahaha!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Now that I no longer use xmr.to I wonder if anyone does Smiley

You are not special you know, the causality in your sentence does not exist.

The causality exists but it is opposite in direction than what he suggests. I'm more likely to use the service since he doesn't like it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Yeah you should tell your xmr.to partners to keep their mouth shut and not insult people.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

Jump to: