Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 963. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 255
Monero is also innovative in not being a scam.

Some people think that a coin that clones another coin then adds zero innovation after 1 year and then spends all day attacking every community / coin / exchange / user within spitting distance, and can't even answer a simple question about how it is innovative apart from saying 'everything else is a scam', might itself, be a scam.  Just pointing out the obvious.
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
Monero is also innovative in not being a scam.
Ask a simple question like 'what is Monero's unique value/innovation compared to any other Cryptnote coin', or 'what uniqu innovation have the Monero dev's actually done over Bytecoin code'

Then get 20 Monero posts evading the question, shouting about FUD, a million lines of code, attacking DASH...

But not one person actually tried to answer this question

In fact both questions were answered. I answered the first by explaining that no other cryptonote has an open public development process and a strong community (in fact arguably none has either one) and fluffypony answered the other with a specific list.

so zero innovation then, you admit that?

1. Cryptonote is uniquely innovative and for all practical purposes Monero is cryptonote.

2. See bold above.

My question is not whether Cryptonote itself is an innovation, because there are lots of Crytonote coins

Question is what actual innovation (world-changing, profound etc) has Monero done on top of Cryptonote, after this whole year of development, and that would be any barrier to any other Crytponote coin springing up with the same innovation level, if the market wanted that...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Ask a simple question like 'what is Monero's unique value/innovation compared to any other Cryptnote coin', or 'what uniqu innovation have the Monero dev's actually done over Bytecoin code'

Then get 20 Monero posts evading the question, shouting about FUD, a million lines of code, attacking DASH...

In fact both questions were answered. I answered the first by explaining that no other cryptonote has an open public development process and a strong community (in fact arguably none has either one) and fluffypony answered the other with a specific list.

1. Cryptonote is uniquely innovative and for all practical purposes Monero is cryptonote.

2. See bold above.

legendary

In fact both questions were answered. I answered the first by explaining that no other cryptonote has an open public development process and a strong community (in fact arguably none has either one) and fluffypony answered the other with a specific list of features and improvements.
It goes like this: Monero devs destroy any troll attempt to FUD Monero, Dash trolls fail to grasp the moral defeat and keep pounding their heads against the wall, it hurts to watch. It must take that kind of dumb personality to shill Dash/Darkcoin.

It goes like this:

Ask a simple question like 'what is Monero's unique value/innovation compared to any other Cryptnote coin', or 'what unique innovation have the Monero dev's actually done over Bytecoin code after 1 year'

FUD?  Not if it's true.

First, he asks:

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Then he says:

Ask a simple question about Monero....Get a lecture from the Monero lead dev about....DASH?   Why?

If there's anything you can learn from Bytecoin, it might be a lesson in how to troll more effectively.

So whats the answer lol, it is the Dev's claim! how is Monero different to Bytecoin/Dashcoin like an SSD is to an HD like the *dev said*?

Bytecoin isn't fungible due to the creators owning more than 4/5ths of the supply... this has been explained to you so many times you may have a learning disability if you still can't grasp it.

I don't follow dashcoin. Perhaps you should visit their thread and ask them what makes them special?
legendary
Every single world-changing human invention can have it's benefit described in one sentence.

Oh really? What was the single-sentence value proposition of the internet back in 1988? Let's hear it... it better be visionary!

IDK. First way for users to instantly share digital information anywhere in the world using a common standard?  Is it a trick question?

How many users shared information in 1988? I started using the www with NCSA Mosaic in 1994 or 1995, and I didn't have a website until maybe 2002. Your value proposition is incorrect, and invalid until 20 years later.

Sure Fluff Smiley

Still waiting for you to provide evidence for your accusation of a fellow coin dev committing fraud that I woke up today and saw: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11163736

Some of the evidence is here (and I wasn't the first to collect or it either, but I can only vouch for my own research), which I'm sure you've seen, and if you weren't trolling you wouldn't be 'waiting' for evidence you are already well aware of.

Partial list, including referenced quotes, and I'm sure I missed some, as I just posted what I could find easily, without a lot of digging: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/why-the-darkcoindashdashpay-instamine-matters-999886

Seriously, disputing it by now is getting silly. If anything, the better tack for you guys at this point is "yes the instamine happened, including deceptive and misleading statements made by Evan and others to ochestrate it, but it doesn't matter because _______"

Just try to avoid filling in that blank with ongoing fraud like "the coins were redistributed in the market" though.
First, he asks:

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Then he says:

Ask a simple question about Monero....Get a lecture from the Monero lead dev about....DASH?   Why?

If there's anything you can learn from Bytecoin, it might be a lesson in how to troll more effectively.

So whats the answer lol, it is the Dev's claim! how is Monero different to Bytecoin/Dashcoin like an SSD is to an HD like the *dev said*?
OK so Monero is as different to Bytecoin, Dashcoin, etc, as a Ferrari is to an Audi TT.....get it.

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Sure: Dash has compromised privacy with, at best, a risk that based on probabilities. Monero delivers privacy with risks that are cryptographically negligible.

Dash has trivially exploited "instant" transactions voted on by an over-incentivised central network of nodes. Monero is looking to deliver a trustless hub-and-spoke payment system for instant transaction processing.

Hah hah, your ridiculous trolling has reached new heights, Blob of Feta.

You literally asked for a comparison, and then when you're given one you're all "OMG WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THAT COMPARISON WITH DASH? DEV MUST BE TROLLING, MONERO DEV DOES NO WORK ON MONERO AND ONLY TROLLS! IS IT TRUE?"

Err.... It was your claim that Monero was as different to Bytecoin/Dashcoin as an SSD was to an HD.  When I asked you why that is, you wrote above about how Monero is better than Dash.  How does that relate to your claim about other Cryptonote coins and then this reaction?
First, he asks:

Then he says:

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
OK so Monero is as different to Bytecoin, Dashcoin, etc, as a Ferrari is to an Audi TT.....get it.

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Sure: Dash has compromised privacy with, at best, a risk that based on probabilities. Monero delivers privacy with risks that are cryptographically negligible.

Dash has trivially exploited "instant" transactions voted on by an over-incentivised central network of nodes. Monero is looking to deliver a trustless hub-and-spoke payment system for instant transaction processing.

Hah hah, your ridiculous trolling has reached new heights, Blob of Feta.

You literally asked for a comparison, and then when you're given one you're all "OMG WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THAT COMPARISON WITH DASH? DEV MUST BE TROLLING, MONERO DEV DOES NO WORK ON MONERO AND ONLY TROLLS! IS IT TRUE?"
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

Care to explain *how* Monero is that different?  How is Monero tech so much more beneficial to users than Bytecoin/Dashcoin than a solid state disk is to a HD?   Does it sync faster and have faster transactions?  What exactly?

Ask a simple question about Monero....Get a lecture from the Monero lead dev about....DASH?   Why?

Because you geniuses decided to rename your coin Dash when there was already another coin called Dashcoin.

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

this is getting tedious and I don't like wasting time..

Really? You sure could've fooled me.

Let me know when you find those missing proofs of DASH's fungibility.
Every single world-changing human invention can have it's benefit described in one sentence.

Oh really? What was the single-sentence value proposition of the internet back in 1988? Let's hear it... it better be visionary!

IDK. First way for users to instantly share digital information anywhere in the world using a common standard?  Is it a trick question?

What digital information did anyone have to share? Sorry, I don't see the value Smiley

How the f*** do i know, share whatever data you want, ask Darpa lol, or google 'internet' and hope you don't break Google...(or lets hope actually)

this is getting tedious and I don't like wasting time.. I think I found the value proposition here...

IDK. First way for users to instantly share digital information anywhere in the world using a common standard?  Is it a trick question?

What digital information did anyone have to share? Sorry, I don't see the value Smiley
OK, your argument is that 'Monero is a secure, private, untraceable currency that is open-source and freely available to all.'

When I ask what is the *unique* value over all the other coins that claim to be private & untraceable the same as you do, including coins with essentially the *same code* as Monero, the answer is that it can't be described in one sentence...I got my answer, thanks.

Dude you're right.

Also a Ferrari is essentially the same as an Audi TT.

An iPhone is essentially the same as a Nokia 3310.

A micro-SD is essentially the same as a 5.25" hard drive.

Facebook is essentially the same as MySpace.

Jump to: