Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 2166. (Read 3312324 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 07, 2014, 08:55:34 PM
I find it interesting that the total amount of XMR for sale on Polo remains around 150k which is quite low in a downtrend.

Seems to indicate that the new holders of the ~50,000 XMR unloaded by windjc intend not to sell at any price near these levels, but this is just wild speculation. Smiley

edit: i am not sure if windjc meant 6 figures of XMR or 6 figures in fiat...

Did I miss where windjc dumped 50k XMR? Permanent bail, or trying to buy lower?
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
September 07, 2014, 06:13:11 PM
Seems like we're going down, altough there is support @ 0.00375-0.0038

Indeed, sadly.. i'm out of BTC now (on polo) to buy even more  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
September 07, 2014, 03:14:32 PM
I find it interesting that the total amount of XMR for sale on Polo remains around 150k which is quite low in a downtrend.

Seems to indicate that the new holders of the ~50,000 XMR unloaded by windjc intend not to sell at any price near these levels, but this is just wild speculation. Smiley

I don't think windjc does his accounting in XMR.

I do.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
September 07, 2014, 12:46:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
September 07, 2014, 10:23:32 AM
Seems like we're going down, altough there is support @ 0.00375-0.0038
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
September 07, 2014, 06:31:30 AM

Up or down? Closing in 2 days.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
September 06, 2014, 03:05:13 PM
Also, "sudo economist"... Not sure if creative, dyslexic or just too much *nix exposure.

sudo economist: make me a sandwich

There is such a thing as a free lunch!  (Once you have total command of a suitably equipped economist.)
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
September 06, 2014, 08:15:23 AM
...constant comparison with BTC rather than the other 1000 alts...

Ya know why? Because secure privacy is almost the only meaningful tech to come out of the alt-circus so far. And the people who appreciate and understand bitcoin at a greater depth than most realize this (and have been eschewing almost all alts for years because almost none are truly interesting).

*Edit ... and the appearance of hero members, all of a sudden, many of which have quite different posting styles in their history.

Hero members....meh.

All hail our new legendary overlords.

Also, "sudo economist"... Not sure if creative, dyslexic or just too much *nix exposure.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 06, 2014, 04:38:59 AM
Looking at the trends I see us going down to around 34 before momentum swings upwards...

I say that not really having any understanding of what I'm looking at, it's more of a guess really.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
September 05, 2014, 10:04:08 PM
...constant comparison with BTC rather than the other 1000 alts...

Ya know why? Because secure privacy is almost the only meaningful tech to come out of the alt-circus so far. And the people who appreciate and understand bitcoin at a greater depth than most realize this (and have been eschewing almost all alts for years because almost none are truly interesting).

*Edit ... and the appearance of hero members, all of a sudden, many of which have quite different posting styles in their history.

Hero members....meh.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 05, 2014, 09:44:14 PM
The art of assertion, is the weapon of the shills and simpletons supporting XMR.

Broken code, suspicious volume on tiny exchange, price dropping, constant comparison with BTC rather than the other 1000 alts, and a sudo-economist stirring it up.

Oh My God.

Keep reaching for reasons to support your own conclusions.  Kiss

so you admit there are reasons to support my conclusions.

In saying that, you might notice I leave room to be wrong.

When you (or someone else) deleted a post I made where I said "I think it is a scam", you left a nice little message saying you deleted my post because i said "it is a scam".

I tried to rely and point out that this was untrue, but the post got deleted immediately.

Misrepresentation.

Maybe it was someone else, though. It was in the self-moderated thread, which could be this thread.

It could very well be. See OP. "XMR is a scam" is off topic (as is BTW "Monero is great"). If you have specific substantive points to make related to (financial) speculating with respect to XMR, preferably ones that aren't repetitive, make them, otherwise stop.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 05, 2014, 09:21:21 PM
The art of assertion, is the weapon of the shills and simpletons supporting XMR.

Broken code, suspicious volume on tiny exchange, price dropping, constant comparison with BTC rather than the other 1000 alts, and a sudo-economist stirring it up.

Oh My God.

Keep reaching for reasons to support your own conclusions.  Kiss
Activity: 644
September 05, 2014, 08:44:18 PM

Oh My God.

Activity: 644
September 05, 2014, 08:41:26 PM
Would love to see some more statistics from rpietila. This man is incredible regarding statistics and other measures to value a coin.

Isn't he just, he could be the leading sudo-economist on Bitcointalk.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 05, 2014, 04:12:18 PM

Rikke, why do you have so much hate for XMR?

Fair question, so I'll answer it honestly.

I think it's a scamcoin being pushed by a handful of people. I think there is a strategy and goal, and so far it is going well.

I will never understand that logic. You can look at the code. You can analyse the tech. You can analyse the current price/market-cap relative to the necessary price/market-cap if the coin were to achieve usage in the domains for which its tech are suited. You can analyse the probability of that happening. You can then decide, for yourself, honestly, if the coin makes sense for you to buy or not.

Things can only be a "scam" if the tech is obscured. But it's open-source....so....??

Maybe you think there are better coins than Monero. Maybe you think the code is sloppy/buggy. Maybe you think the underlying features that Monero has are ultimately not that interesting. That's all perfectly rational. Calling it a "scam", on the other hand, just demonstrates your own ignorance and inability to rationally evaluate anything for yourself. You're coming at this with an attitude of having to rely on other people's opinions, presumably because you can't do the due diligence to form your own. That's the only possible background from which calling anything open-source a "scam" can make sense.

Funny, your attitude reminds me very much of all the people who don't "trust" bitcoin because they don't know who Satoshi is. What if Satoshi is the NSA? Or pirateat40? Well, guess what....it doesn't matter....the code is the code.

Pathetic Troll logic to support their own agenda is what rikkejohn is demonstrating.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
September 05, 2014, 03:50:02 PM

Rikke, why do you have so much hate for XMR?

Fair question, so I'll answer it honestly.

I think it's a scamcoin being pushed by a handful of people. I think there is a strategy and goal, and so far it is going well.

I will never understand that logic. You can look at the code. You can analyse the tech. You can analyse the current price/market-cap relative to the necessary price/market-cap if the coin were to achieve usage in the domains for which its tech are suited. You can analyse the probability of that happening. You can then decide, for yourself, honestly, if the coin makes sense for you to buy or not.

Things can only be a "scam" if the tech is obscured. But it's open-source....so....??

Maybe you think there are better coins than Monero. Maybe you think the code is sloppy/buggy. Maybe you think the underlying features that Monero has are ultimately not that interesting. That's all perfectly rational. Calling it a "scam", on the other hand, just demonstrates your own ignorance and inability to rationally evaluate anything for yourself. You're coming at this with an attitude of having to rely on other people's opinions, presumably because you can't do the due diligence to form your own. That's the only possible background from which calling anything open-source a "scam" can make sense.

Funny, your attitude reminds me very much of all the people who don't "trust" bitcoin because they don't know who Satoshi is. What if Satoshi is the NSA? Or pirateat40? Well, guess what....it doesn't matter....the code is the code.
Activity: 321
September 05, 2014, 03:02:21 PM

You're picking out moments in time, and you have no clear evidence that XMR is not priced high already.
www.coingecko.com XMR ranking at 5th spot.
www.coinmarketcap.com XMR ranking at 12th spot.

ripple 4, nxt 10, nice list bro
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
September 05, 2014, 02:42:36 PM
Pretty decent 17K dump ...  Shocked

Around 27k actually Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
September 05, 2014, 02:37:57 PM
Pretty decent 17K dump ...  Shocked
Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
September 05, 2014, 12:42:23 PM
Would love to see some more statistics from rpietila. This man is incredible regarding statistics and other measures to value a coin.
Jump to: