Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 2170. (Read 3312350 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780
Shitcoin Minimalist
September 03, 2014, 11:35:15 PM
Monero is quite the addiction, lately I don't care much about my BTC stash. just collecting as much XMR as i can before it's too late!  

Sorry for posting what might be construed as a shill post, but I am genuinely enthusiastic.

As a purely speculative instrument, I see Monero as a sure winner at this point, at least in the short-medium term.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
September 03, 2014, 09:44:41 PM
Yes it is addictive but I'm not big enough to have much of an effect on price.  I've been buying brick by brick for a couple of months.  This hasn't built a castle but the third little pig would be proud.

Now that is the T-shirt I would use for XMR:  The third little pig.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
September 03, 2014, 08:15:49 PM
Monero is quite the addiction, lately I don't care much about my BTC stash. just collecting as much XMR as i can before it's too late!  

Sorry for posting what might be construed as a shill post, but I am genuinely enthusiastic.

EFS
staff
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2065
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 03, 2014, 08:13:14 PM
Looks like we still have time to take off.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
September 03, 2014, 08:02:31 PM
Yes it is addictive but I'm not big enough to have much of an effect on price.  I've been buying brick by brick for a couple of months.  This hasn't built a castle but the third little pig would be proud.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
September 03, 2014, 07:58:14 PM
Well I lied again.  I bought more Monero today at 1% above the recent bottom if indeed it is a bottom.  Also bought at 3% above the last bottom.  I have no feel for tops as I only buy Grin  Now that I have finished buying, no I mean it this time, I will start looking for tops.

I don't think we will moon until Moneo is ready for prime time.

It's addictive. Soon you'll have all the Moneros. (And you are the one that makes the price go up at the bottoms, you make your own strategy work Tongue)
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
September 03, 2014, 07:53:37 PM
Well I lied again.  I bought more Monero today at 1% above the recent bottom if indeed it is a bottom.  Also bought at 3% above the last bottom.  I have no feel for tops as I only buy Grin  Now that I have finished buying, no I mean it this time, I will start looking for tops.

I don't think we will moon until Moneo is ready for prime time.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
September 03, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
Breakout?

Grin

Asks are down to 160k and bids up to 540 btc. I hope we can gain some momentum! Do you guys think it will break the previous tops @ 0.0058? Personally I think we first need some good news or update about the wallet before we can break that..

don't know,

could be a false break out. If not, we will probably touch 5.7-5.8 region and a pullback to 5.0-4.9 region maybe?
Just my "gut feeling"

I could be wrong, do your own analysis  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
September 03, 2014, 07:11:06 PM
Breakout?

Grin

Asks are down to 160k and bids up to 540 btc. I hope we can gain some momentum! Do you guys think it will break the previous tops @ 0.0058? Personally I think we first need some good news or update about the wallet before we can break that..
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
September 03, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
It sure looks that way  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
September 03, 2014, 06:53:16 PM
Breakout?

Grin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 03, 2014, 06:44:45 PM
Dmitry has stated that btc-e is very much against premine, when asked why no new coins are being added he stated: "all new coins with premine Sad"

Somebody who speaks russian may be able to convince him about monero. I speculate that btc-e may also prefer to own a seisable stash of whatever currency they add. That may be more of a difficult feat. I have some vague memory of something like FTC devs paying a huge chunk of coins to get it added, but in another case btc-e ended up doing a proof of burn after accusations of recieving coins (maybe that was TRC or nova?). Don't quote me on that, maybe somebody else remembers better.

Monero being added to btc-e would definitivly take the price and volume to a new level, likely beyond LTC.

We're supposed to hold off on the marketing blitz until the database and wallet are done-ish.

Then we'll commission a spiel for exchanges ("zomg look how much btc/xmr volume already and just imagine the fiat pairs...!") and translate it for the hardworking prosperous BRICs and lazy heathen PIIGS.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 03, 2014, 06:26:46 PM
Dmitry has stated that btc-e is very much against premine, when asked why no new coins are being added he stated: "all new coins with premine Sad"

Somebody who speaks russian may be able to convince him about monero. I speculate that btc-e may also prefer to own a seisable stash of whatever currency they add. That may be more of a difficult feat. I have some vague memory of something like FTC devs paying a huge chunk of coins to get it added, but in another case btc-e ended up doing a proof of burn after accusations of recieving coins (maybe that was TRC or nova?). Don't quote me on that, maybe somebody else remembers better.

I think it was TRC NVC but in any case. How do the developers give a huge chunk of coins without a premine (or instamine or some other scam)? I don't get it. About the only way I can think of other than the developers being independently wealthy would be if the coin went zombie for a while and no one other than the developers was bothering to mine it. That seems like a small target market. Perhaps that explains why they don't add too many coins.

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
September 03, 2014, 06:24:06 PM

Monero being added to btc-e would definitivly take the price and volume to a new level, likely beyond LTC.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
September 03, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
I say BTC-e adding XMR will have a greater impact than it would being added to cryptsy.

I 1000% agree with this.  It seems like a perfect fit for BTC-E ...

smoothie...master of understatement!   Cheesy

Craptsy is only good for trading your bag of Shitcoins for other Shitcoins (like Diamond and Sync, for example).

Listing on BTC-E would enable Monero-fiat (dollar/euro/ruble/yuan) trading, which would catalyze Gresham's Law and drive market cap up towards the moon.

Just wait until the oligarchs figure out how much safer from Putin/FATCA their loot will be when they hlod it in Monero!   Smiley
legendary
September 03, 2014, 03:00:14 PM
Possible break out scenarios:
GUI wallet interface released by dev team.
Cryptsy ads XMR to their exchange. (Rumour)
Open Bazaar is modified to work with Monero.
A decent online wallet is released.  

I say BTC-e adding XMR will have a greater impact than it would being added to cryptsy.

There are still a lot of whales on cryptsy, adding XMR  would boost up price and volume. For example see the dogecoin volume, which is around 50-100k a day.

Total traded BTC volume on a daily basis...BTC-e blows cryptsy out of the water.

Yeah I totally agree on that, but my point was adding it to cryptsy would also do monero good. I described it wrong in my previous post, sorry for that! Personally I think that would take a long time for btc-e to add XMR, they first need to delist some coins which barely have volume.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 03, 2014, 02:51:31 PM

There are still a lot of whales on cryptsy, adding XMR  would boost up price and volume. For example see the dogecoin volume, which is around 50-100k a day.

Total traded BTC volume on a daily basis...BTC-e blows cryptsy out of the water.
legendary
September 03, 2014, 02:31:54 PM

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
September 03, 2014, 01:25:59 PM

Possible. But I don't think btc-e will ever add any more coins. Happy to be wrong on that subject though. 

I say more likely Bitfinex dumps DRK and add XMR.
Now that would be fun.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
September 03, 2014, 01:24:42 PM

I 1000% agree with this.  It seems like a perfect fit for BTC-E ...
Jump to: