Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 2169. (Read 3312350 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 04, 2014, 02:05:18 PM
monero`s not dead ?
legendary
Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086
September 04, 2014, 01:37:09 PM
That was one of the best handled defenses i have ever seen against an attack !

Thank you very much monero devs. I will buy even more now.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
September 04, 2014, 01:17:04 PM
Having seen similar and greater forking problems hit other cryptos (and even BTC) in the past, I agree that there's no reason to panic and in fact the effect might be even opposite (IF it's fixed fast enough) and the coin comes out being perceived even stronger.

So, couple of hours into this situation I was actually looking to BUY a bit more around 3.6 mbtc. Bad idea?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
September 04, 2014, 08:58:32 AM
well retarded was the wrong word, you are right.

the point is to make this move rational, you need assumptions that this works out as intended. if I had put the orderbook down to 34, I think it would not have worked.

Completely agreement. You would have most likely created your own bottom to sell at. (Again, unless a fix takes longer than we expect, and price reflect that uncertainty and forms new lows when trading resumes. Not that I expect it, but it's a possibility.)
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
September 04, 2014, 08:56:44 AM
Monero is 5th on Coingecko now. Fixing this little bug will make it even stronger in long run.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 04, 2014, 08:55:44 AM
well retarded was the wrong word, you are right.

the point is to make this move rational, you need assumptions that this works out as intended. if I had put the orderbook down to 34, I think it would not have worked.
legendary
September 04, 2014, 08:49:16 AM
I was in the exclusive position to hold my speculative part of my investment in xmr on mintpal during the fork - which was liquid all the time.

I thought about dumping this position - it would have moved the price from 42 to 34 or something with the intention to buy back at cheaper prices. I decided against it, partly due to moral reasons. Partly due to the retardedness of the argument to sell with the intention to buy back later.

the fork will be a performance benchmark for the nature of investment in xmr by population. My assumption is that it will go down, but much lesser than anticipated due to a huge (in altcoin terms) amount of the coins being an investment, not a pure speculation. that said this low prices will only last for a short period of time.

Maybe I am delusional and brainwashed, but from what I have seen over the last ten month in the altcoin scene, monero seems to be the first coin which has a realistic possibility to gain network effects.

There's nothing "retarded" about selling to rebuy later (if you know what you're doing), but agreed on the rest of your post: chances are, this will be nothing but a minor inconvenience, and, in the long run, a good test case actually for how responsive the XMR dev team is. I am of course assuming the exploit will be sorted out fast and without having caused lasting damage that is just undiscovered so far.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 04, 2014, 08:38:31 AM
I was in the exclusive position to hold my speculative part of my investment in xmr on mintpal during the fork - which was liquid all the time.

I thought about dumping this position - it would have moved the price from 42 to 34 or something with the intention to buy back at cheaper prices. I decided against it, partly due to moral reasons. Partly due to the retardedness of the argument to sell with the intention to buy back later.

the fork will be a performance benchmark for the nature of investment in xmr by population. My assumption is that it will go down, but much lesser than anticipated due to a huge (in altcoin terms) amount of the coins being an investment, not a pure speculation. that said this low prices will only last for a short period of time.

Maybe I am delusional and brainwashed, but from what I have seen over the last ten month in the altcoin scene, monero seems to be the first coin which has a realistic possibility to gain network effects.

legendary
September 04, 2014, 08:31:01 AM
what is going on @poloniex/xmr ?

Probably suspended trading because of the attack. See:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8664453
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
September 04, 2014, 08:19:32 AM
what is going on @poloniex/xmr ?
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
September 04, 2014, 07:50:02 AM
I haven't done any moderation yet but I'm going to start deleting these coin-vs-coin posts. Discussion of the price impact of the chain problem is on-topic. Discussion of the attack itself and especially coin-vs-coin politics is 100% off topic. Clean it up please.

I am done with my responses. Please accept my apology and kindly do not remove my comments. It is important that aminorex gets it, even though I have done a poor job of bringing out what I wanted to articulate.
September 04, 2014, 07:48:41 AM
Please quote my newer post about taking back anything that can even be understood as being an attack against BBR/dev.

Or else your post may be found a little misleading.. Roll Eyes

Your newer post offering a correction is misleading as it masks the train of thought that you have been engaged in for the past couple of months and perpetuated via brown nosing minions. Sure what you said couple of hours can be "taken back" as it might have been a heat of the moment thing, but the thought process is left for interpretation.

Anyways, smooth recommended we do not engage in coin vs coin debates. I agree with him. I just wish your minions do not force themselves into conversation. I had a legitimate set of questions for aminorex and would have preferred to have the dialogue with him, but just like we have seen for the last few months, a minion has to stick his leg and create a scene in order to prove his minionness.

Your whole existence is dependent on the per post payment, you were created after the latest high to give an appearance that there is a host of people wishing XMR to nonexist, yet simultaneously trying to give an impression that it is insignificant.

I don't know anyone who enjoys your posting, except the Cheesus-Hexah sockpuppet line that like each other's posts as quickly as it is possible to log out and in.

Ok I am not in any way related to any of the Hexah sockpuppetry and I wish I could get paid to post, but I cannot be bought. There aren't enough money in any form to buy me, not in digital currencies or govt fiat. I couldn't let aminorex get away with that hypocrisy while I have watched him make fun of zoidberg (he calls him Andrey, the botnet op in this forum and on Polo) as well as ridicule the technical whitepaper he authored and be generally dismissive of BBR.

I understand that there is tension at the moment because of the blockchain attacks and it's ramifications, so I will let this one go.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
September 04, 2014, 07:46:32 AM
I haven't done any moderation yet but I'm going to start deleting these coin-vs-coin posts. Discussion of the price impact of the chain problem is on-topic. Discussion of the attack itself and especially coin-vs-coin politics is 100% off topic. Clean it up please.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
September 04, 2014, 07:39:59 AM
Please quote my newer post about taking back anything that can even be understood as being an attack against BBR/dev.

Your newer post offering a correction is misleading as it masks the train of thought that you have been engaged in for the past couple of months and perpetuated via brown nosing minions. Sure what you said couple of hours can be "taken back" as it might have been a heat of the moment thing, but the thought process is left for interpretation.

Anyways, smooth recommended we do not engage in coin vs coin debates. I agree with him. I just wish your minions do not force themselves into conversation. I had a legitimate set of questions for aminorex and would have preferred to have the dialogue with him, but just like we have seen for the last few months, a minion has to stick his leg and create a scene in order to prove his minionness.

Your whole existence is dependent on the per post payment, you were created after the latest high to give an appearance that there is a host of people wishing XMR to nonexist, yet simultaneously trying to give an impression that it is insignificant.

I don't know anyone who enjoys your posting, except the Cheesus-Hexah sockpuppet line that like each other's posts as quickly as it is possible to log out and in.
September 04, 2014, 07:28:39 AM

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
September 04, 2014, 07:16:25 AM

September 04, 2014, 06:31:42 AM
It is strange to me how much hostility is volleyed between bbr and xmr speculators.  
The human compulsion to form mutually hostile camps has deluded them.
bbr and xmr correlate.  Any gain in xmr is a boon for bbr, and vv.

Right now. BBR is enjoying a gain in market cap nearly as great as XMR, leading to some impressive % gains.
I had to cover my last short and barely got out +ve.

Who better to understand that hostility than you. Risto and you have been against BBR for months now, spreading false propaganda and FUD amongst the trollboxes/forum threads and tried to defame zoidberg, dismiss the technical advancements that is being done in BBR amongst a range of other hostilities about anyone and everything being done with Boolberry.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit with this hypocrisy.

The problem is that amongst all this, it is the little guy that is going to lose out. For weeks forces have been trying to financially kill Boolberry while the little guy was going all in with his 5-6 BTC in XMR because legends were telling them we are all going to the moon via endless shilling. And here we are, bragging about %gains, always the smart trader, oh the LIQUIDITY  Roll Eyes

What are you talking about? I'd hardly call their actions as being against BBR. I would describe them as for XMR and most here spoke pretty highly of Zoidberg. The only negative I've seen mentioned is that he is a one man team. And this is a Monero thread so I don't even get your complaint.

Wow another worshipper. This was not addressed to you. aminorex is capable of answering for himself.

And you are a low level peon. I could ask you to take a look at their post history, but you already knew that. And here is a QED from 2 hours ago

I got also in touch with HitBtc, urging them to stop withdrawals and trading. Further, I offered my time to help the Monero devs. I also decided to keep the options markets open so you can still hedge (although I am afk for the next 6 hours mostly).

This thread and poloniex trollbox are very full of otherwise not so prominent or active people that are now speaking doom concerning XMR. If they don't short it themselves (difficult), they either get paid for the FUD, or want the price to tank to buy back lower. Otherwise it does not make sense.

It has even been mentioned that BBR should increase in price as a result from an attack towards XMR code (which BBR itself also uses). This proposal is ridiculous, because either it has the same vulnerability and the attack was just directed to the more prominent coin, or BBR will suffer the same attack soon or be already suffering it without even noticing, OR that BBR insider(s) are behind the attack.

Note to newcomers: BBR is the only (non-XMR) cryptonote coin that is not conclusively proven to be lead by the original CN scamteam Wink

Any way I got in touch with XMR devs, result:
- no rollback necessary
- everything is asked to be halted because a non-standard block got to the blockchain and reason needs to be figured out
- When I asked "what exactly makes this a problem from a client side?", he said "because it appears to have caused a fork thereafter - we're busy investigating"

All of this when James was trying to get CZ to see if he could assist the XMR issue....

Keep on brown nosing. Riches are just down the road for your taking ...
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
September 04, 2014, 01:53:47 AM
It is strange to me how much hostility is volleyed between bbr and xmr speculators.  

Right now. BBR is enjoying a gain in market cap nearly as great as XMR, leading to some impressive % gains.

Who better to understand that hostility than you. Risto and you have been against BBR for months now, spreading false propaganda and FUD amongst the trollboxes/forum threads and tried to defame zoidberg, dismiss the technical advancements that is being done in BBR amongst a range of other hostilities about anyone and everything being done with Boolberry.

The problem is that amongst all this, it is the little guy that is going to lose out. For weeks forces have been trying to financially kill Boolberry while the little guy was going all in with his 5-6 BTC in XMR because legends were telling them we are all going to the moon via endless shilling. And here we are, bragging about %gains, always the smart trader, oh the LIQUIDITY  Roll Eyes

What are you talking about? I'd hardly call their actions as being against BBR. I would describe them as for XMR and most here spoke pretty highly of Zoidberg. The only negative I've seen mentioned is that he is a one man team. And this is a Monero thread so I don't even get your complaint.
September 03, 2014, 11:58:25 PM

The problem is that amongst all this, it is the little guy that is going to lose out. For weeks forces have been trying to financially kill Boolberry while the little guy was going all in with his 5-6 BTC in XMR because legends were telling them we are all going to the moon via endless shilling. And here we are, bragging about %gains, always the smart trader, oh the LIQUIDITY  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
September 03, 2014, 11:48:53 PM
bbr and xmr correlate.  Any gain in xmr is a boon for bbr, and vv.

Jump to: