Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 2185. (Read 3312335 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
August 27, 2014, 06:16:15 PM
Cryptsy is not lazy, it is greedy and conceited. It will add XMR unless there is an issue.

There are no cryptonote coins on cryptsy. They haven't done the work to integrate them. Poloniex did the work, and got the business. Simple as that.

In your opinion, or according to your assertion.
Activity: 560
August 27, 2014, 06:15:51 PM
Cryptsy is not lazy, it is greedy and conceited. It will add XMR unless there is an issue.

fluffypony knows Cryptsy's BigVern. A few months ago, they were demanding a more stable client (although every other exchange seems to operate just fine). XMR will probably get added after the next big update if there's enough noise-making by the community.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 27, 2014, 06:13:20 PM

There are no cryptonote coins on cryptsy. They haven't done the work to integrate them. Poloniex did the work, and got the business. Simple as that.

August 27, 2014, 06:09:28 PM
Why is Monero not traded elsewhere in real depth?

Poloniex is a small exchange, yet seems to be overseeing 100 BTCs a day in trade. Bittrex gets about 10% of that, and I guess these two are the largest?

DRK is traded everywhere, so less chance for price fixing.

Cryptsy is too lazy to implement it.
They do just bitcoin clones they can add with 1 click, took them months to add NXT after other exchanges had it already.
It has a reason Poloniex is the only exchange where Mastercoin and co are traded.
Well its on Mintpal, Bter too.

DRK is on Cryptsy and Bitfinex additionally - is that everywhere?

DRK is on many exchanges, which you can find if you can be bothered. DRK is like Doge was, it got added by default for the numerous new exchanges that have appeared over the last 6 months.

Cryptsy does lots of X-Coins, not sure if any are cryptonote or whatever.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
August 27, 2014, 06:03:56 PM
hitbtc is second biggest Monero exchange, then Bittrex, BTER and Mintpal.

Poloniex was first exchange that took Monero. Well after the one that was i think just temporary made to host Cryptonote coins. Since was brawest they deserve biggest Monero volume. When Monero was accepted to Mintpal, everyone expected huge volume there, but it seems Mintpal users are more conservative. And more accepting bitcoin clones or in generally more finished products. Monero is not ready for that. Well for sure was not 2 montsh ago.
August 27, 2014, 06:03:03 PM
traded everywhere, so less chance for price fixing.

Does not follow.

It does not follow as a law of nature. It follows as a reasonable speculation, though.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 27, 2014, 06:00:45 PM
traded everywhere, so less chance for price fixing.

Does not follow.
Activity: 560
August 27, 2014, 06:00:02 PM
If you consider the total supply market cap, it's long crossed already!
But I agree the prices crossing will probably have a strong psychological effect.

0.00394 vs 0.00425 right now on poloniex...

Of the 4.6 million DRK, 800k+ coins locked up in its 'masternodes' (805 masternodes, each costs 1000 DRK to resist sybil attacks). This is partially why its price rose high (induced supply lowering and incentive to buy in bulk). Of course, this is a double-edged sword. When/if those guys lose faith, the DRK market gets flooded. Supply tricks are for shitcoins -- there's no substitute for organic growth -- but people never learn.

Liquidity begets liquidity. I agree, it's bad.
Activity: 532
August 27, 2014, 05:59:16 PM

Poloniex is a small exchange, yet seems to be overseeing 100 BTCs a day in trade. Bittrex gets about 10% of that, and I guess these two are the largest?

Cryptsy is too lazy to implement it.
They do just bitcoin clones they can add with 1 click, took them months to add NXT after other exchanges had it already.
It has a reason Poloniex is the only exchange where Mastercoin and co are traded.
Well its on Mintpal, Bter too.

DRK is on Cryptsy and Bitfinex additionally - is that everywhere?
August 27, 2014, 05:53:59 PM

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
August 27, 2014, 05:33:03 PM
But I agree the prices crossing will probably have a strong psychological effect.

WOW, absolutely amazing. I remember almost buying some DRK at .004 and thinking I missed the boat as it ran up.
Then I found Monero  Grin
Lots of room for going up but more importantly, a real and anonymous money.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
August 27, 2014, 05:05:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 981
Merit: 1005
No maps for these territories
August 27, 2014, 04:58:20 PM
I keep watching the market cap between Monero and Darkcoin narrow.  Somehow I think when they finally cross it's going to be over.  Monero will launch. 

DRK has passed from 3x marketcap to 2x in 2 weeks if I recall correctly. I guess we'll surpase DRK sometime this autumn
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
August 27, 2014, 04:58:10 PM
I keep watching the market cap between Monero and Darkcoin narrow.  Somehow I think when they finally cross it's going to be over.  Monero will launch. 

actually it happened on 17th august i was online at that time, dark coin dropped for short time under Monero price on Poloniex.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
August 27, 2014, 03:31:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
August 27, 2014, 03:16:24 PM
ok so I just dropped 56 BTC on poloniex for XMR taking out the 0.004 wall...

good lord that exchange is slow...it took 3-5 minutes to clear all of those transactions.

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy
So resource intensive.  My old Laptop actually crashes if I try to market buy. Cheesy
legendary
Merit: 1003
August 27, 2014, 03:13:49 PM
..so i saw a low hanging fruit and...nom nom nom.  Cheesy

Congratulations. It was risky to leave it there, I had collected it for a long time at prices not that much cheaper... Wink

Thanks Risto. To be honest I actually thought it was yours when I seen it...and sorry but I had to buy it.  Smiley

Who enters a sell order, is in a risk of losing his moneros. Let this be a warning to everyone concerning such a folly!  Grin

Guess you'll just have to buy back...
donator
Merit: 1036
August 27, 2014, 03:11:36 PM
..so i saw a low hanging fruit and...nom nom nom.  Cheesy

Congratulations. It was risky to leave it there, I had collected it for a long time at prices not that much cheaper... Wink

Thanks Risto. To be honest I actually thought it was yours when I seen it...and sorry but I had to buy it.  Smiley

Who enters a sell order, is in a risk of losing his moneros. Let this be a warning to everyone concerning such a folly!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 27, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

good lord that exchange is slow...it took 3-5 minutes to clear all of those transactions.

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

Curious, why not try smaller buys periodically?
But thanks!  Grin

That is a lot of money. Early adopter?
You know something we don't? Nice show of confidence.  Wink

My buys periodically was at prices between 0.002 and 0.0035....so i saw a low hanging fruit and...nom nom nom.  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
August 27, 2014, 03:04:20 PM

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

Ughh you made me lose 300 xmr then. I hate daytrading Tongue
Jump to: