Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 2184. (Read 3312335 times)

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 28, 2014, 01:57:56 AM
ok so I just dropped 56 BTC on poloniex for XMR taking out the 0.004 wall...

good lord that exchange is slow...it took 3-5 minutes to clear all of those transactions.

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

great to see you buying Monero smoothie!
will you consider producing silver Lealana XMR coins? I would love to buy one!  Grin
edit: or a roll of 20 and hand them out as x-mas gifts Wink

I am considering the idea. I just need to make sure I have the key gen processs down in such a way that it would work with a physical coin.

Xmas gifts for sure. =)

I'd buy one!  Wasn't there some kind of legal trouble in the past about loading physical coins though?

Okay sorry for the continued off-topic smooth...

Yes there are regulatory issues for funded coins (funded by me) and these coins would need to be buyer-funded as I currently do with all of my coins now where I never hold customer coins.

For all future questions and to be respectful to smooth, If you folks have questions please PM me or create a thread to discuss it. Currently I am still considering the idea but nothing is concrete as I like to make sure I have everything in order and tested before I start any sort of production of this type of product.

Mahalo
Activity: 280
Who cares?
August 28, 2014, 01:49:04 AM

good lord that exchange is slow...it took 3-5 minutes to clear all of those transactions.

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

will you consider producing silver Lealana XMR coins? I would love to buy one!  Grin

I am considering the idea. I just need to make sure I have the key gen processs down in such a way that it would work with a physical coin.

Xmas gifts for sure. =)

I'd buy one!  Wasn't there some kind of legal trouble in the past about loading physical coins though?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 28, 2014, 01:42:31 AM

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

Xmas gifts for sure. =)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 27, 2014, 09:31:10 PM
What is the proper way for a prospective XMR speculator to interpret Smooth's busy schedule?

Is he a an XMR developer with outside interests?

Is he an XMR PR agent policing the forums?

Can he both effectively?

As a prospective XMR speculator, I'm interested in the mission statement of the XMR core development team, as a whole and as individuals.

We are all volunteers who devote as much time and effort as we are able to developing the coin, which includes our own personal efforts as well as coordinating and managing the efforts of both paid staff and services (using donations) and volunteers.

I am certainly not a designated "PR agent" although I will agree with the point that was made that communicating with the community is "PR" broadly defined.

Hope this helps with your "speculation" Smiley

Activity: 544
Merit: 500
August 27, 2014, 09:27:26 PM
censorship of legitimate monero question

No, deletion of posts that are not directly on-topic to Monero Speculation (i.e. trading and price talk). If you want ask legitimate questions about Monero do it elsewhere.

kennyP seems unwilling to stay on topic and intent on promoting BTCD here, which is clearly off topic. His subsequent posts will be deleted without notice, although my general policy is to be transparent about moderation. Consider this transparent disclosure that future posts from kennyP or interpreted by me to be promoting BTCD will be deleted without specific notice.

ok. I'll accept this decision. I think BTCD privacy network & teleporting is highly relevant to XMR, but maybe I'm ahead of the pack on this one. I'll pop back in a couple of months ... maybe things will look different by xmas time.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
August 27, 2014, 09:22:17 PM
What is the proper way for a prospective XMR speculator to interpret Smooth's busy schedule?

Is he a an XMR developer with outside interests?

Is he an XMR PR agent policing the forums?

Can he both effectively?

As a prospective XMR speculator, I'm interested in the mission statement of the XMR core development team, as a whole and as individuals.

legendary
August 27, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

No, deletion of posts that are not directly on-topic to Monero Speculation (i.e. trading and price talk). If you want ask legitimate questions about Monero do it elsewhere.

kennyP seems unwilling to stay on topic and intent on promoting BTCD here, which is clearly off topic. His subsequent posts will be deleted without notice, although my general policy is to be transparent about moderation. Consider this transparent disclosure that future posts from kennyP or interpreted by me to be promoting BTCD will be deleted without specific notice.
Activity: 544
August 27, 2014, 08:55:14 PM
I deleted rikkejohn's complaint about my deletion of his accusation/belief of XMR being a scam. The second message was no more substantively related to XMR speculation than the first. The OP states that "Monero sucks" is off topic. "Monero is a scam" or "I believe Monero is a scam" are also off topic. Let's not play games here.

I deleted kennyP's comments about BTCD (and othe's reply) which scarcely even mentioned Monero but were certainly not specifically on-topic to Monero Speculation.

legendary
August 27, 2014, 08:49:10 PM
I deleted rikkejohn's complaint about my deletion of his accusation/belief of XMR being a scam. The second message was no more substantively related to XMR speculation than the first. The OP states that "Monero sucks" is off topic. "Monero is a scam" or "I believe Monero is a scam" are also off topic. Let's not play games here.

I deleted kennyP's comments about BTCD (and othe's reply) which scarcely even mentioned Monero but were certainly not specifically on-topic to Monero Speculation.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
August 27, 2014, 08:32:25 PM

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

legendary
August 27, 2014, 07:37:05 PM
I deleted rikkejohn's accusation of XMR being a scam (and my response to it) because it was lacking in substance. If you want to make accusations of impropriety with respect to XMR, those obviously relate to speculation as they could affect the price. But keep them substantive and non-repetitive please. The discussion about fragmented vs. non-fragmented markets has been kept.

legendary
August 27, 2014, 06:56:17 PM
But honestly, a fragmented marketplace may well be easy to manipulate, but it is far easier to manipulate under a monopoly. The tactic for XMR appears to be stay at Poloniex and keep the sideways trading going to ensure market cap is high.

There is no such tactic. We've provided whatever assistance any exchange has ever asked for in integrating the coin. Some exchanges want to do the work, some don't. It is entirely up to them and is their business decision to make, not ours.

I don't think he's talking about the devs.

His gripe seems to be that it isn't on Cryptsy, although it is on Bittrex, Hitbtc, bter, and possible a few others.

The fact that trading is concentrated in one exchange is not remarkable at all. Rather, that is the normal and almost universal state for every coin, as I explained earlier (with data). In fact the trading is currently less concentrated than most other top-20 coins.

If Cryptsy wants to add Monero to their exchange we will provide whatever guidance they need to do it, but frankly given that at least the four exchanges above have already done it, I can't believe that Cryptsy really needs much help.

Activity: 280
Who cares?
August 27, 2014, 06:49:35 PM
But honestly, a fragmented marketplace may well be easy to manipulate, but it is far easier to manipulate under a monopoly. The tactic for XMR appears to be stay at Poloniex and keep the sideways trading going to ensure market cap is high.

There is no such tactic. We've provided whatever assistance any exchange has ever asked for in integrating the coin. Some exchanges want to do the work, some don't. It is entirely up to them and is their business decision to make, not ours.

I don't think he's talking about the devs.
legendary
August 27, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

Activity: 644
August 27, 2014, 06:37:56 PM
traded everywhere, so less chance for price fixing.

Does not follow.

It does not follow as a law of nature. It follows as a reasonable speculation, though.

Quite the opposite, actually. Fragmented markets are easier to manipulate.

The markets are not fragmented, they are lead by the large exchanges. So, yes, they are being manipulated to a degree, just like in the real world.

The final part of the plan is more difficult to guess. I could speculate, but it would be wild speculation and potentially wrong and harmful so I'll leave it at that.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
August 27, 2014, 06:34:55 PM
Cryptsy is not lazy, it is greedy and conceited. It will add XMR unless there is an issue.

There are no cryptonote coins on cryptsy. They haven't done the work to integrate them. Poloniex did the work, and got the business. Simple as that.

In your opinion, or according to your assertion.

Let me clarify a few things since I consider myself an expert on BCX LOL.

1) I never called or have I determined Monero to be a shitcoin. I clearly stated in my first post in another thread "that I had a few PM's asking me to *look at a shitcoin called Monero*"

2) I have never said I was going to attack it.

3) I am clearly in an evaluation mode and I am adding machines and rigs to it daily.

4) I am actually working on a solution to the diff exploit on my own as I do not play well in groups. I will share the code with TT if I am successful. The bloat issue is trivial, the devs could fix it tomorrow if they wanted.

5) Fluffy is correct, I do not possess magical powers. What I do posses is the ability conjecture up staggering amounts of cpu hashrate on demand, very large amounts of gpu and asic hashrates (I realize asics are useless here), a large network of like minded people, skill and more btc than I will ever spend as I was cpu mining Bitcoin pre GPU mining. This gives me the ability to bring enormous amounts of hash rate or traffic to any chain, pool or site I choose to. Some incorrectly accuse me of doing so maliciously Huh

6) Like a lot of the devs I have proven wrong time and time over, Fluffy and TT are incorrect about needing 51% to TW a chain. I nailed Auroracoin to the cross with ~20%. At this moment in time it would take me ~22 days to do so. It took me 12 days for AUR.

7) I think MRO has potential and more importantly Bitjohn has indicated to me that Cryptsy will implement MRO as soon as the technical situation is worked out. So mine and buy up people Crypto is evolving.

Hope that answers any questions.

~BCX~

Activity: 364
August 27, 2014, 06:28:49 PM

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

Wow...that's a helluva green line on my monitor.

Loving the price action overall. 
Activity: 532
August 27, 2014, 06:26:01 PM
Cryptsy does lots of X-Coins, not sure if any are cryptonote or whatever.

I think you have a big logic flaw here, there´s no such thing as X-Coins, XMR itself has nothing todo with those x11 coins you prolly mean.

XMR as a currency symbol is simply used because its the ISO standard: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217
All currencies who aren´t bound to a single country or area are starting with X, like XBT is the currency code for Bitcoin and XCP is the code for Counterparty which have all totally different codebases.
For example MRO as a currency code was already taken by the Mauritanian ouguiya, the national currency of Mauritania.
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
August 27, 2014, 06:16:30 PM
traded everywhere, so less chance for price fixing.

Does not follow.

It does not follow as a law of nature. It follows as a reasonable speculation, though.

Quite the opposite, actually. Fragmented markets are easier to manipulate.
Jump to: