Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 123. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
ok negative on the new mikaelh2 build it's generating a large # of orphans

The orphan rate on the network is expected to stay relatively high for the next couple of days, while difficulty plays catchup to the growth of mining power on the network.

This phenomenon is a one-off occurrence, could last another week. It likely would not happen again in the future.

His "large # of orphans" probably comes from a wrong chain...
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Started mining @ 5.5k pps, let's see if this brings more luck and a block or two  Wink
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
I'm also running 5 instances of DigitalOcean VPS' (the cheapest ones), they seem to mine with 300-1000pps.

Each or in total?
Each Smiley

Now found 4 blocks in total with all my miners. This is too awesome

Well that's great, and which location?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I'm also running 5 instances of DigitalOcean VPS' (the cheapest ones), they seem to mine with 300-1000pps.

Each or in total?
Each Smiley

Now found 4 blocks in total with all my miners. This is too awesome
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Some questions...

[1] do you have to mine off different rpc names for each computer?Huh

[2] when you mine a block does it make a newly generated address or assign the coins to an  address in the key pool?

[3] also why does a gui, fugu, login to one ec2 ok, but another with an idential key pair it fails

[4] what is the command line to copy files from a unbuntu server (ssh login on osx terminal) bact to my home computer

[5] can you ftp into you ec2 linux?

thanks in advance

4 and 5 - use sftp (ftp over ssh, i.e. in total commander or winscp in windows)
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
Some questions...

[1] do you have to mine off different rpc names for each computer?Huh

[2] when you mine a block does it make a newly generated address or assign the coins to an  address in the key pool?

[3] also why does a gui, fugu, login to one ec2 ok, but another with an idential key pair it fails

[4] what is the command line to copy files from a unbuntu server (ssh login on osx terminal) bact to my home computer

[5] can you ftp into you ec2 linux?

thanks in advance
Activity: 784
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

The orphan rate on the network is expected to stay relatively high for the next couple of days, while difficulty plays catchup to the growth of mining power on the network.

This phenomenon is a one-off occurrence, could last another week. It likely would not happen again in the future.

Each or in total?
Activity: 63
Thank you mikaelh for developing this client!
After doing its thing for 1½ hours, I found one block w/ Win x64 build, i5-2500k @ ~5000pps

Activity: 350
Running @ ~125k PPS.

Cheers for this build.
Activity: 820
Merit: 1000
Hey Mikael, this update is awesome.  I've sent you my blocks as a thank you.  Transaction ID: 7a75f6b3ce2decf1f6527033ab43e277a6b8a6b157bf88a81ab9db77b133dd12
Activity: 874
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
How did you get the vanity xpm address?

I think the common vanitygen can do this with an address version of 23.

Code:
./vanitygen -X 23 -i alcohol
client looks pretty good on my end - grabbed a block
Activity: 97
Look under settings of the client.

But I suggest installing the official Sunny client instead,until this version is updated.

If that doesn't work.. you can always add it to your windows startup and have it done that way.

Also edit your primecoin.conf file to have get=1

Does anyone know what to launch the wallet with so it automaticly starts mining? In windows.

I have my mining rigs set to reboot every 6 hours and want to set the primecoin wallet to auto start.
Activity: 840
I ran some more tests on testnet, this time with mikaelh's builds:

hp1: 25 blocks found in 28.77 minutes = 0.878 blocks/minute

hp2: 49 blocks in 21.4 minutes = 2.29 blocks/minute

hp1: 6 blocks in 12.4 minutes = 0.484 b/m

hp2 is looking much better. I ran hp1 twice, once before and once after the hp2 run, to see if the first run was bad luck but it seems not.

These numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, they were run on testnet which has a pretty low amount of processing power run on it. So if someone with a nice machine was mining will I was testing hp1 it could have thrown off those numbers. I do not know how to tell what's happening on the network as far as total processing power or the number of other miners at this point.

I'll still be running hp2 though.

What is hp1 & hp2?

The version of the build. HP2 is the latest one.

hp2 is looking much better. I ran hp1 twice, once before and once after the hp2 run, to see if the first run was bad luck but it seems not.

These numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, they were run on testnet which has a pretty low amount of processing power run on it. So if someone with a nice machine was mining will I was testing hp1 it could have thrown off those numbers. I do not know how to tell what's happening on the network as far as total processing power or the number of other miners at this point.

What is hp1 & hp2?
Activity: 840
so what's the verdict on this build - worth it?

It was worth it 5 hours ago but now it's pretty difficult to find a block. However this is probably the best build out there at the moment.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100

These numbers should be taken with a grain of salt, they were run on testnet which has a pretty low amount of processing power run on it. So if someone with a nice machine was mining will I was testing hp1 it could have thrown off those numbers. I do not know how to tell what's happening on the network as far as total processing power or the number of other miners at this point. Is it possible to run a private network for testing?

Another interesting point is that both hp1 and hp2 were reporting around 2k pps.
so what's the verdict on this build - worth it?
Jump to: