Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 126. (Read 397616 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 514
hp2 64bit started at 3240 pps then slowed down to 2340 (2.6GHz AMD Phenom II X4 910e)
Probably overheating CPU, I should clean the dust some time :-)
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Just WOW: found another block in just 20 minutes mining with the new version primecoin-0.1.1-hp2-winx64.

This is by far the best miner/version out there right now!
Activity: 8
Good Work!

Used this version: primecoin-0.1.1-hp1-winx64 and got my first block in around 5 hours mining with it. Just updated to primecoin-0.1.1-hp2-winx64 but I'm getting a lower PPS than the previous build:

Ivy 3570K @ 4,4 Ghz

primecoin-0.1.1-hp1-winx64:   around 8000 PPS
primecoin-0.1.1-hp2-winx64:   around 6800 PPS

Gonna trust mikaelh and will use the updated version with the lower PPS.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Or you can run my primecoin-qt linux binaries as follows
Code:
chmod +x primecoin-qt
./primecoin-qt
then start mining by opening the debug window and
Code:
setgenerate true NUMTHREADS
where NUMTHREADS is the number of threads on the CPU you'd like to use

DOWNLOAD HERE

How is yours verses

https://github.com/mikaelh2/primecoin/
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Error i got..

primecoind: checkqueue.h:167: CCheckQueueControl::CCheckQueueControl(CCheckQueue                *) [with T = CScriptCheck]: Assertion `pqueue->nTotal == pqueue->nIdle' failed.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
what the heck is wrong with my i3 540, I can't get more than 70 pps, lol. I know it's a crappy cpu but still, it's not Commodore 64 ffs.
Activity: 122
This code seems to like core i's, my i5 and i7s got a bigger boost than my core 2s and fx 8120. About 1.5x more.

I tried doing builds with -O3 -march=native on a core 2 and fx 8120 and it made no difference.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Or you can run my primecoin-qt linux binaries as follows
Code:
chmod +x primecoin-qt
./primecoin-qt
then start mining by opening the debug window and
Code:
setgenerate true NUMTHREADS
where NUMTHREADS is the number of threads on the CPU you'd like to use

DOWNLOAD HERE
Activity: 214
How would you start the linux primecoin miner?

cat primestart.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

PRIMECOIND=/usr/local/bin/primecoind
DATADIR=$HOME/.primecoin

nice ${PRIMECOIND} -datadir=$DATADIR -rescan -maxconnections=8 \
        -rpcuser=primecoinuser -rpcpassword=TopSecretNotWhatIreallyUse \
        -gen=1 -daemon -rpcport=9912

Then to send it commands/queries,

cat primcoind.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

DATADIR=$HOME/.primecoin

if [ "$1" == "" ]; then
  echo "Syntax: primecoind.sh COMMAND"
  exit
fi

$PRIMECOIND -datadir=$DATADIR \
        -rpcuser=primecoinuser -rpcpassword=TopSecretNotWhatIreallyUse -rpcport=9912 "$@"

NOTE: I do not use config files, if I want to add -addnode or whatever, I add it to my coinstart.sh script.

That means the wallet is the only damn thing in datadir i care about, not having to remember to also copy/save/backup a config file.

(And the wallet can be backed up using ./primecoind.sh backupwallet ~/primecoinwallet-dd-mm.yyyy.sav or whatever so nothing really in datadir at all that I need care about.)

-MarkM-

Thanks How would I set a command to watch mining info and latest transactions?

./primecoind -daemon
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

cat primestart.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

DATADIR=$HOME/.primecoin

nice ${PRIMECOIND} -datadir=$DATADIR -rescan -maxconnections=8 \
        -rpcuser=primecoinuser -rpcpassword=TopSecretNotWhatIreallyUse \
        -gen=1 -daemon -rpcport=9912

Then to send it commands/queries,

cat primecoind.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash

DATADIR=$HOME/.primecoin

if [ "$1" == "" ]; then
  echo "Syntax: primecoind.sh COMMAND"
  exit
fi

$PRIMECOIND -datadir=$DATADIR \
        -rpcuser=primecoinuser -rpcpassword=TopSecretNotWhatIreallyUse -rpcport=9912 "$@"

NOTE: I do not use config files, if I want to add -addnode or whatever, I add it to my coinstart.sh script.

That means the wallet is the only damn thing in datadir i care about, not having to remember to also copy/save/backup a config file.

(And the wallet can be backed up using ./primecoind.sh backupwallet ~/primecoinwallet-dd-mm.yyyy.sav or whatever so nothing really in datadir at all that I need care about.)

WARNING: If other users get to use top or ps etc on same machine I am using, they get to see my username and password on commandline.

For me that tradeoff, since my real machines are me-only machines behind my steel door here at home, and my out on the internet servers are all dedicated boxes not shared machines, is worth it to not have to worry about deleting a datadir to restart a chain or whatever.

-MarkM-
Activity: 214
I did some testing of the effects of using more threads than cores and posted the results here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2725746

Basically using threads > cores does not look promising and might even be worse.

This may apply to mikaelh's code as well. Would be nice to seem someone do a similar test here, I've spent too much time on XPM the last few day Wink

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I'm getting about 8000 PPM on a Core i7 2700K @ 4.4 GHz

No blocks yet

edit: Spoke too soon, just got a block in 4 minutes
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Is there a way to combine the hashing power of the pcs together?

When you mine, they are essentially working together, however there isn't a way to point them at one daemon yet, that would require an external miner or change to the core code.
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Is there a way to combine the hashing power of the pcs together?
Activity: 26
How do you compile the qt GUI in Linux? I'm trying with just changing this pkgbuild from the AUR to your git instead of the master, and everything works up until running qmake-qt4, where it just spits out the qmake-qt4 usage. It's worked perfectly with /primecoin/primecoin, but not with /mikaelh2/primecoin.

Edit: Figured it out, because there's also a bitcoin-qt-win64.pro, you need to specify "qmake-qt4 bitcoin-qt.pro" rather than just "qmake-qt4" alone.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
I got a block with the code from before the latest update, about 45 min ago. Not orphaned yet, crossing fingers.

Interestingly, this block had a slightly higher reward than the last one I got. Diff has dropped slightly.

that probably means its from the wrong chain, this happened to me before, i started getting higher reward blocks, then they all turned to question marks in the transaction page.

Seems ok, shows up in the block explorer. 950fd551b34e30f0197ea65d40cdbe1410e11fd3406b9b048124685f6dc2d09a versus this one a half hour earlier: 1554d8d8853aaa02c89cabd958e5050f97f89b01afdd29168fdbba6cfdc90ab4
Activity: 224
Give it til tomorrow and all the botnet and EC2 instance owners will have this installed and diff will skyrocket again..
Activity: 48
I got a block with the code from before the latest update, about 45 min ago. Not orphaned yet, crossing fingers.

Interestingly, this block had a slightly higher reward than the last one I got. Diff has dropped slightly.

is the hp2 optimized for x64 avx?
Jump to: