Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 21. (Read 397587 times)

Activity: 604
Merit: 250
Cool, the BiTwin change is working out for me:

Probable prime chain found for block=5afbda4c541b246958922fa448feb4820025e29025b70af4bd7a869e4e6f9f01!!
  Target: 09.de5a9f
  Chain: TWN09.ffffff
***BLOCK Long chain mined: 9.9999999, 31

That is a lot of 9's though in the fractional part.. just curious if that is some sort of bug, coincidence, or some side effect of bi-twin chains. I think I've seen a few that are all 9's for the fractional part.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
What is this mythical CPD everyone is talking about? I can't find a mention of it on the first page. (CTRL+F ing)

It's Chains Per Day.  Smiley
Activity: 406
What is this mythical CPD everyone is talking about? I can't find a mention of it on the first page. (CTRL+F ing)
Activity: 812
Mikaelh said HP11 introduced a fix which made CPD look less impressive, but is more accurate. First page....
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
What's the CPD you are getting ?
Want to see if the formula used to "predict" blocks has actually any meaning, although variance can be a bitch
HP10 shows 2.13 CPD
Just upgraded to HP11 and is showing 1.19
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Want to see if the formula used to "predict" blocks has actually any meaning, although variance can be a bitch

FWIW I have a total of about 3 chainsperday on HP11 across many machines. At current diff I only see about one block per day or less.

Did you try beeeeer.org to compare profitability?

Yes but it seems to pay less than solo. There's an extra problem with beeeeer: it's still underdevelopment. This means regular server downtime (at least while I was using it) which means miners eating power until you check and restart them. Then again that also can happen with solo mining: i've found that network interruptions can cause the software to stop detecting new blocks and it simply sits there at 100% load, but it only does this sometimes.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I'm back to solo mining on my main rig, as it seems that hp11 is finding blocks a bit more steadily than pooled mining (not to mention, beeeeer's miner doesn't seem to generate anything for me).
Activity: 812

FWIW I have a total of about 3 chainsperday on HP11 across many machines. At current diff I only see about one block per day or less.

Did you try beeeeer.org to compare profitability?

HP10 shows 2.13 CPD
Activity: 18
https://i.imgur.com/3GDcG0N.png

Well, No wonder my rack server was mining so many blocks! Although it's from 2006 the CPU beat even the fastest i7 at prime numbers.

Interesting stuff!

I think for primecoin integer math is also important. IIRC mikaelh has mentioned this before (specifically in regards to integer / floating point ops). I don't think that cpumark prime score translates directly to primecoin performance. How many watts on your rack? In my experience servers are not very efficient but if I recall correctly your server (from previous pics) was mostly just motherboard+CPUs so perhaps its more efficient than most systems from the big vendors (HP, IBM, Dell etc). I see a lot of rackmount servers that use 200+ watts of juice while idling and I wonder where exactly that power is going... Oh and keep in mind that a 3770k can overclock 25-40%+ without much effort or additional cooling. I think that cpumark disregards submitted results where an overclock is present to prevent skewing of the results.

It's a Dual-Processor Motherboard. Each CPU pulls a maximum of 50 watts. About 220 watts are drawn when on full load, 170 otherwise. I measured it with a Killawatt meter on site.

You can't really beat that when considering I got the entire server for just 150 bucks. Tongue

I am getting similar numbers in terms of power (250W) from a Dell poweredge 2900 with 2  E5405  @ 2.00GHz.
HP11 gives a 1.5 in CPD but no block yet after a day and  half of running
Activity: 18
Well one month of continuous solo mining on the latest HP* and found 8 blocks on Xeon E3-1230. Also there appears to be no continuity on when I'll find a block:

Sun Aug 11 22:11:51 CEST 2013
Mon Aug 12 23:37:51 CEST 2013
Sun Aug 18 11:19:38 CEST 2013
Tue Aug 27 17:31:03 CEST 2013
Wed Aug 28 11:53:26 CEST 2013
Fri Sep  6 08:24:34 CEST 2013
Sun Sep 15 08:11:59 CEST 2013
Sun Sep 15 10:23:27 CEST 2013

Well, No wonder my rack server was mining so many blocks! Although it's from 2006 the CPU beat even the fastest i7 at prime numbers.

Interesting stuff!

I think for primecoin integer math is also important. IIRC mikaelh has mentioned this before (specifically in regards to integer / floating point ops). I don't think that cpumark prime score translates directly to primecoin performance. How many watts on your rack? In my experience servers are not very efficient but if I recall correctly your server (from previous pics) was mostly just motherboard+CPUs so perhaps its more efficient than most systems from the big vendors (HP, IBM, Dell etc). I see a lot of rackmount servers that use 200+ watts of juice while idling and I wonder where exactly that power is going... Oh and keep in mind that a 3770k can overclock 25-40%+ without much effort or additional cooling. I think that cpumark disregards submitted results where an overclock is present to prevent skewing of the results.

It's a Dual-Processor Motherboard. Each CPU pulls a maximum of 50 watts. About 220 watts are drawn when on full load, 170 otherwise. I measured it with a Killawatt meter on site.

You can't really beat that when considering I got the entire server for just 150 bucks. Tongue

Interesting stuff!

Interesting stuff!
Activity: 122
I have been continuously mining from day 1. I have never optimized anything, and just run the qt with setgenerate true. Is there anything I can do to improve?

As long as you are always running the latest hp then you are pretty much doing the best you can. The default parameters are pretty much optimal for most processors.
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
-hp11 is out! Download links are on the first page as usual.

Changes in -hp11:
 * Fixed a bug in the BiTwin filter that was inflating the chains/day estimate and reducing the chances of finding a block
 * Slightly improved the accuracy of the prime probability estimate with regards to the 'sieveextensions' parameter
 * Other small fixes and improvements from cabin

This is mainly a bugfix release without any new features. The chains/day number does go down with this release now that the bug in HP10's sieve has been fixed. Nevertheless, the actual chance of finding a block is improved. Furthermore, the reduced chains/day estimate is actually a lot closer to reality now.

Thank you. Not only for making this, but also for continuing to support Primecoin, the hp client, and all the other work!

Changes in -hp11:
 * Fixed a bug in the BiTwin filter that was inflating the chains/day estimate and reducing the chances of finding a block
 * Slightly improved the accuracy of the prime probability estimate with regards to the 'sieveextensions' parameter

This is mainly a bugfix release without any new features. The chains/day number does go down with this release now that the bug in HP10's sieve has been fixed. Nevertheless, the actual chance of finding a block is improved. Furthermore, the reduced chains/day estimate is actually a lot closer to reality now.

Our god has spoken. Bow down and receive His gift graciously.
Activity: 301

Changes in -hp11:

Pages:
Jump to: