Pages:
Author

Topic: [XPM] [ANN] Primecoin High Performance | HP14 released! - page 23. (Read 397625 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work unfortunately.  I'm using HP10 also.

{
    "blocks" : 158764,
    "chainspermin" : 7,
    "chainsperday" : 1.10043503,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 9.86619937,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : 10,
    "primespersec" : 1701,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sieveextensions" : 6,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}

It is a dual processor Xeon X5650.  I think it should be performing better than this.

What are the best settings for Xeon processors? I'm running 2x 2.66 GHz Xeon's and getting pretty low chains per day:
{
    "blocks" : 157519,
    "chainspermin" : 10,
    "chainsperday" : 1.18470870,
    "difficulty" : 9.86931497,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "primespersec" : 1754,
}

so 24 threads (2x6coresxHT) giving this results? that seems low.
give 12 threads (genproclimit . 12) a try - HT is throtteling on some cpus...
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000
It is a dual processor Xeon X5650.  I think it should be performing better than this.

What are the best settings for Xeon processors? I'm running 2x 2.66 GHz Xeon's and getting pretty low chains per day:
{
}

so 24 threads (2x6coresxHT) giving this results? that seems low.
give 12 threads (genproclimit . 12) a try - HT is throtteling on some cpus...

{
}

Changing sievesize doesn't seem to do much.

The best settings are the default settings. Some very smart people with large resources have gone to great effort to determine those best values. Unless you really know what you are doing then don't change them.

I suspect you think that your chainsperday is low because you over-estimate your Xeons performance. Also, saying you have a 2.66 GHz Xeon is like saying you have a 2.66 meter long car. It doesn't actually mean very much because there are half a dozen Xeons that fit that description. Single core? Dual core? Quad core? How about a model number (eg SL___) or series type (eg Xeon E5####).

If I had to guess, your CPU's are probably the Core-equivalent Xeon's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#Core-based_Xeons which were released ~2006-2008 and the performance you are getting is completely reasonable from such CPU. In fact, the poorer quad-core Xeons will also give about that performance too.
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
jeh my dual XEON L5420 System gives me 2.81 chainsperday from getmininginfo of hp10

edit: thats a bit more than a Core i7-3770 gets me

is that what you get? where do you get the 6-chains per hour value from?

whats the performance of a dual 5410 system?
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
I have 28 of the 5410 Xeons and 26 of the 5420 Xeons and I am pretty impressed with the performance.  Each of the dual cpu 5420 servers is getting just under 100 6-chains an hour - pretty much the same thing as my hex core E5-2420.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
{
}

The best settings are the default settings. Some very smart people with large resources have gone to great effort to determine those best values. Unless you really know what you are doing then don't change them.

I suspect you think that your chainsperday is low because you over-estimate your Xeons performance. Also, saying you have a 2.66 GHz Xeon is like saying you have a 2.66 meter long car. It doesn't actually mean very much because there are half a dozen Xeons that fit that description. Single core? Dual core? Quad core? How about a model number (eg SL___) or series type (eg Xeon E5####).

If I had to guess, your CPU's are probably the Core-equivalent Xeon's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Xeon_microprocessors#Core-based_Xeons which were released ~2006-2008 and the performance you are getting is completely reasonable from such CPU. In fact, the poorer quad-core Xeons will also give about that performance too.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
I gave yPool a try for a proper 24-hours. On my rack server, I earned 0.01 XPM in those 24-hours. Soloing, I got a block after 3 days of mining.

My final verdict on yPool: fucking shit.

I'm going back to soloing.

im pretty sure you fucked up, and shouldnt be blaming ypool for your own mistakes, there is no way you only found .01 xpm in a whole day of mining without screwing something u.
The problem here is you aren't dealing with absolutes.  On SHA-256 it takes ~72MH per minute average to solve a difficulty 1 hash.  The chains found by Primecoin are random and as ypool found out, some people could tweak to forego the longer chains and concentrate on getting mass quantities of the 6-ch, basically stealing from the honest block finders.  You could have 1000 identical CPUs running the exact same setting and see a variance unheard of in SHA-256 processing.  In unscientific terms, it's the 'luck' factor.

So how do I do this thing that you speak of? Tongue
I know when I was doing testing I got higher 6ch at 200,000 sieve primes, but I never got around to playing with the other tweaks.  I left the program running for 24 hours on each setting and still saw some wide variations as I changed SP.  IMHO it'd be rather useless to go this route since the 6-ch are only worth 0.000976 now and you'd need ~1024 of them to equal a single 8ch and 16,384 to equal a 9ch.

jh doubled the value of 6ch, so its actually more, however, he also increased the minimum 6ch diff  from 6.0 to 6.5, meaning that leaving your system at defaults is probably your best bet
I gave yPool a try for a proper 24-hours. On my rack server, I earned 0.01 XPM in those 24-hours. Soloing, I got a block after 3 days of mining.

im pretty sure you fucked up, and shouldnt be blaming ypool for your own mistakes, there is no way you only found .01 xpm in a whole day of mining without screwing something u.
The problem here is you aren't dealing with absolutes.  On SHA-256 it takes ~72MH per minute average to solve a difficulty 1 hash.  The chains found by Primecoin are random and as ypool found out, some people could tweak to forego the longer chains and concentrate on getting mass quantities of the 6-ch, basically stealing from the honest block finders.  You could have 1000 identical CPUs running the exact same setting and see a variance unheard of in SHA-256 processing.  In unscientific terms, it's the 'luck' factor.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sq24hzo993afy9c/l7icP0KiuM

download 3.2 (64bit, not avx), you can use the same .bat if you wish, you were probably running the original ypool miner that literally no one uses anymore, because it sucks.
{
}

Activity: 532

I know when I was doing testing I got higher 6ch at 200,000 sieve primes, but I never got around to playing with the other tweaks.  I left the program running for 24 hours on each setting and still saw some wide variations as I changed SP.  IMHO it'd be rather useless to go this route since the 6-ch are only worth 0.000976 now and you'd need ~1024 of them to equal a single 8ch and 16,384 to equal a 9ch.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Activity: 532

I just followed the instructions. I ran the 64bit miner on the website and passed the flags containing my worker name and password. are there any parameters you chose to make it mine faster?

I have an intel xeon based server, not amd.

Activity: 812
i guess solo mining is not as profitable as it used to be , i used to find 7-10 blocks a day , yesterday was 1 5 block day Sad
I'm giving beeeeer.org a try

Right now the pool it's down Sad

Yeah, the admin must be asleep...it's still a beta but so far it worked great for me.
Activity: 266
i guess solo mining is not as profitable as it used to be , i used to find 7-10 blocks a day , yesterday was 1 5 block day Sad

Right now the pool it's down Sad
Activity: 102
ypool seems to work fine for me, but I have over 250 physical cores pointed at it.  I am guessing that I am finding about 6-7 a day.  My payout is around 55-60 coins a day.  I would probably be slightly better off solo mining, but I like to be able to check my worker status on ypool to see if any machines are down.
Activity: 210
I not use any kind of messenger beware of scammers
Yeah blocks are getting few and far between, sacrifice is definitely in order...

It seems to be working well, the numbers for the few test machines I have pointing at it are working out way better than ypool.

Activity: 76
Pages:
Jump to: